Coranavirus Disneyland General Discussion

Tamandua

WOW. You really haven't been paying attention, have you?

If you wait until hospitals are at capacity, it's already too late.

80% has been cited as herd immunity many times since this all started. If cases in areas with 80% vaccination rates (plus unknown numbers of people with natural immunity from infection) are a problem, then you're never going to make this go away. Just like the flu never goes away. It's ridiculous to think this will just end. This is all about power and control.

ImperfectPixie

80% has been cited as herd immunity many times since this all started. If cases in areas with 80% vaccination rates (plus unknown numbers of people with natural immunity from infection) are a problem, then you're never going to make this go away. Just like the flu never goes away. It's ridiculous to think this will just end. This is all about power and control.
Take off the tin-foil hat.

mickEblu

I don’t understand. Yesterday at @Tamandua posted an article where the CDC says vaccinated people are more likely to spread the Delta variant than the unvaccinated people. Everyone seems to be avoiding that. Do we not trust the CDC? Is what that they said not convenient for the ongoing narrative some people have in their head?

el_super

I don’t understand. Yesterday at @Tamandua posted an article where the CDC says vaccinated people are more likely to spread the Delta variant than the unvaccinated people. Everyone seems to be avoiding that. Do we not trust the CDC? Is what that they said not convenient for the ongoing narrative some people have in their head?

You mean this article?

@Tamandua left off the part of the article quoted here:

But the reality is there’s hardly any transmission among fully vaccinated people to truly affect community spread, they say.​
“There isn’t a whole lot of benefit that’s going to be felt by this. … We have good data that vaccinated people don’t spread COVID as efficiently as unvaccinated people,” Dr. Eric Cioe-Peña, director of global health at Northwell Health in New Hyde Park, New York, told USA TODAY.​
ON the chance that this was just a simple mistake: there seems to be a misunderstanding of the differences between the viral load and community transmission. Those with the vaccine are still capable of carrying and transmitting the virus, but that doesn't necessarily mean those vaccinated individuals will develop life threatening symptoms. To the vaccinated, this is a good thing, but to the unvaccinated, it can be dangerous, since those vaccinated/unmasked individuals could be going about their business, coughing and sneezing in public, thinking it's nothing more than an allergy. Overall though, that's still a very rare situation though, since for the majority of the vaccinated individuals, symptoms like coughing and sneezing are not developing.

Curious Constance

Didn’t what he quote say that vaccinated people are spreading the new Delta variant at a high rate than they were previous versions of the virus?

CaptinEO

Original Poster
No, not at all. People who are vaccinated have strong protection against the variant. We're past the point of no return unless vaccines no longer protect people.

No, I think it's full steam ahead, regardless of whether there's an increase in virus cases and deaths.

I even believe there would be such outrage over requiring people to wear masks again, to make that unlikely as well.

Virus? What virus?

Let’s not get into this. Please.

ImperfectPixie

Sorry Yes I misspoke. Not a scientist and not saying vaccines don’t have benefits (in general) but aren’t vaccinations the main reason we have a delta variant?
No. Not even close.

The Delta variant was first discovered in December in India...which has a dismal vaccination rate at 26% partially vaccinated and 7.2% fully vaccinated as of July 28th.

Communicora

Premium Member
Luckily, that isn't what it said. Vaccinated people are more likely to spread the Delta variant than the original virus, not more likely to spread it than unvaccinated people.

"According to the new science, she said, fully vaccinated people with breakthrough infections from the delta variant have a similar viral load to infections in unvaccinated people. That means the fully vaccinated are more likely to spread the virus with the delta variant than the original coronavirus. "

Disney Analyst

I totally agree with you you and it wasn't funny at all, but even if they were such horrible people, I would expect them to have the common sense not to show that side of themselves to the world. They are horrible people and complete idiots.

I didn’t really want to wade in, as everyone can like who they like and dislike who they like.

But I do believe in being fair.

The Trackers said some really stupid stuff in old videos, I’m a gay man. It was dumb, and offensive. However I believe in forgiveness, and look towards their actions now to determine how I feel.

They issued an apology video over a year ago, which I believe was sincere. They have highlighted incredible organizations that help the LGBT community, among many other charities, and donated their own money ( as far as we know, I try to take people at their word ).

They volunteer a lot of their time to Give Kids the World, another great organization.

You can hate them, Not accept the apology, do whatever you want. But I enjoy their videos, I believe they have grown up immensely since those earlier videos, and I wish no ill will towards anyone who has shown growth and change.

Nirya

80% vaccination rates for eligible people, which means somewhere closer to 60% vaccinated. So no, they aren’t at the herd immunity threshold yet (which is closer to 77%).

ImperfectPixie

I didn’t really want to wade in, as everyone can like who they like and dislike who they like.

But I do believe in being fair.

The Trackers said some really stupid stuff in old videos, I’m a gay man. It was dumb, and offensive. However I believe in forgiveness, and look towards their actions now to determine how I feel.

They issued an apology video over a year ago, which I believe was sincere. They have highlighted incredible organizations that help the LGBT community, among many other charities, and donated their own money ( as far as we know, I try to take people at their word ).

They volunteer a lot of their time to Give Kids the World, another great organization.

You can hate them, Not accept the apology, do whatever you want. But I enjoy their videos, I believe they have grown up immensely since those earlier videos, and I wish no ill will towards anyone who has shown growth and change.
Did they apologize for encouraging people to pretend to be disabled to get front-of-line access? Because this is an increasing problem that's only getting worse thanks to terrible people and social media.

Disney Analyst

I should clarify...I know front-of-line access isn't a "thing" at WDW any more. But people are lying about being disabled for other reasons, and not just at Disney parks.

I will say, a lot of people in the CM, TM, and fan community, in the lates 2000’s / 2010’s were discussing ways to hack the system and get quick access to lines via disability lies. It was gross. I had people try to get me to do it when I worked at the parks in 2013, it was a no for me.

But maybe it’s the Canadian in me, I must always follow all rules.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I hope you are right, Netflix is already requiring them for everyone working on their own productions.

Wow, I had no idea the Trackers were that stupid. Anyone active on Twitter should be aware that a joke that is even the slightest bit un-PC can get you "cancelled," and the theme park community on Twitter is especially relentless when it comes to trying to get someone "cancelled." I feel sorry for a lot of people that have to deal with the "cancel culture" mobs but the Trackers were basically begging for it with the content in that video, so I don't feel sorry for them in the least.
CON ARTIISTS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom