Coranavirus Disneyland General Discussion

Tamandua

"Get vaccinated so you don't have to wear a mask" -> "Vaccinated people still have to wear masks"
L1lYQs8B.jpeg.jpg

Wendy Pleakley

"Get vaccinated so you don't have to wear a mask" -> "Vaccinated people still have to wear masks"

It is what it is. It's a group effort and everyone is paying the price because sufficient people aren't getting vaccinated.

I truly hope more businesses demand proof of vaccination. If it were up to me Disneyland would be mask free and un-vaccinated people free.

CaptinEO

Original Poster

Masks Once Again Required Indoors at Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort Starting 7/30​

Walt Disney World Resort has announced another change to their COVID-19 safety policies and will now require masks to be worn indoors regardless of vaccination status beginning July 30. This aligns with the recommendations from Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Until now, vaccinated guests were permitted to go maskless everywhere except on Disney transportation. Unvaccinated guests were asked to continue wearing masks indoors, including transportation.

“We are adapting our health and safety guidelines based on guidance from health and government officials, and will require Cast Members and Guests ages 2 and up, to wear face coverings in all indoor locations at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort beginning Friday, July 30, regardless of vaccination status. At Walt Disney World Resort, this includes upon entering and throughout all attractions and in enclosed transportation vehicles, including shuttles, buses, monorails and at Disney Skyliner,” reads an official statement from Disney.

Wow. Just came back from a few days at Disney World, got very lucky.

SplashGhost

I feel like we are doomed to an endless loop of never escaping COVID. It felt so good to go mostly back to normal for a month.

I know these mandates won't significantly increase people getting vaccinated, so once again, we will have to slowly wait this out till enough unvaccinated people get COVID that we reach herd immunity.

Well, maybe Halloween 2022 will be a grand return to a normal Halloween at theme parks without any COVID restrictions, but maybe I am just being too hopeful at this point. I remember how this all went last time, so I am expecting restrictions to be long lasting and get worse over time.

Casper Gutman

I feel like we are doomed to an endless loop of never escaping COVID. It felt so good to go mostly back to normal for a month.

I know these mandates won't significantly increase people getting vaccinated, so once again, we will have to slowly wait this out till enough unvaccinated people get COVID that we reach herd immunity.

Well, maybe Halloween 2022 will be a grand return to a normal Halloween at theme parks without any COVID restrictions, but maybe I am just being too hopeful at this point. I remember how this all went last time, so I am expecting restrictions to be long lasting and get worse over time.
We're going to get widespread vaccine requirements, and that will end this for all intents and purposes - barring a mutation that escapes the vax. We've hit a tipping point this week. I suspect DL will mandate vaccinations by year's end.

mickEblu

Wow. From the director of the CDC:

"According to the new science, she said, fully vaccinated people with breakthrough infections from the delta variant have a similar viral load to infections in unvaccinated people. That means the fully vaccinated are more likely to spread the virus with the delta variant than the original coronavirus."

"The delta variant accounts for more than 80% of COVID-19 cases across the United States, according to the CDC."

The CDC needed new science to tell them this? Also is the media ready to stop calling this a pandemic of the unvaccinated or no?

Last edited:

fctiger

I can't tell if that's satire, or if you are serious. I was out shopping in San Diego today and no major chain stores in Fashion Valley, or small mom n' pops in La Jolla, required masks. The local Ralph's in La Jolla has no mask requirement today. San Diego County has no mask mandate. So far, it's only Los Angeles County with its mask mandate last week. Are you in LA and haven't been out in a week?

Yeah it was mostly tongue-in-cheek but the sentiments behind it is real. It's just VERY frustrating, we were on a path to at least more normalcy, certainly the vaccinated ones. Now, it's going backwards in the worst ways.

And sure those counties aren't being asked to mask up now....but give it time. Disneyland just proved that today.

ParkPeeker

If you’re unvaccinated and privileged enough to live in a place with easy access to vaccines, with vaccines in surplus just freaking sitting there nearing expiration, and cases are rising and you’re complaining about mandates, seriously just take the damn vaccine, geez. This distrust/spread of distrust among a lot of privileged people towards vaccines, plus complaints towards mandates, is all frustrating.

fctiger

If you’re unvaccinated and privileged enough to live in a place with easy access to vaccines, with vaccines in surplus just freaking sitting there nearing expiration, and cases are rising and you’re complaining about mandates, seriously just take the damn vaccine, geez. This distrust/spread of distrust among a lot of privileged people towards vaccines, plus complaints towards mandates, is all frustrating.

You would think giving out something for FREE and can literally save your life would be a little more important when the other option is possibly getting yourself and even other people in your family killed. The priorities some people have is just odd.

I mean what exactly is the government's sinister plan in this? Seriously what is it other than to keep people safe??? It's just utter bonkers.

Tamandua

The CDC needed new science to tell them this? Also is the media ready to stop calling this a pandemic of the unvaccinated or no?
There are reports of health centers being directed to not log positive tests for patients who are vaccinated, and in other countries the vaccinated are a significant percentage of cases. Israel, for example, will start administering a third dose as a booster because so many new cases are from vaccinated individuals. They're not ready to admit it yet here, but the vaccines aren't working that well.

Tamandua

They're reducing hospitalizations and deaths...which is of utmost importance.

People need to stop thinking vaccines are a force field that prevent you from becoming infected. That's never been true.
I remember when the entire rational for shutdowns and masks was to keep the hospitals from getting overwhelmed. They're not overwhelmed. When Pasadena (80% vaccinated) implemented the new mask mandate, their largest hospital had zero covid patients in the icu. This is just power hungry tyrants needing a new fix of totalitarianism.

ImperfectPixie

I remember when the entire rational for shutdowns and masks was to keep the hospitals from getting overwhelmed. They're not overwhelmed. When Pasadena (80% vaccinated) implemented the new mask mandate, their largest hospital had zero covid patients in the icu. This is just power hungry tyrants needing a new fix of totalitarianism.
WOW. You really haven't been paying attention, have you?

If you wait until hospitals are at capacity, it's already too late.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom