COP Closing?

Rufus T Firefly

Hey!Don't be greedy...DL has a ton of stuff that WDW will probally never get!:ROFLOL:
;)

I'm just sayin when the fabulous new Incredibles attraction opens in Walt's favorite park :lol: and COP needs a home there's a spot for it in DL,where they treasure and actually maintain their classic attractions.

captainkidd

As unpopular as CoP may seem to be with casual park visitors, I am certain Disney knows if they ever removed it, there would be unmitigated disgust from die-hards (myself included) and they would never be forgiven.

Jasonflz

Oh great! More Pixar stuff.:hurl: I hope CoP gets an update. DL's Tomorrowland needs Peoplemover and CoP to return. They did everything right with the Space Mountain update and if only they could refurbish the land and update it a bit. This would also be great considering House of the Future is set to return there. It would be awesome to see Tomorrowland 2055 come to fruition.

Expo_Seeker40

I wonder.......when they redo the last scene.....see...when :)

yes......when :kiss:

when they redo the last scene (Martin or Adam or anyone) any word if it will still be the same layout we have had since 1975 (where they take the same stuff and redress it) or are they working on doing a whole new scene?

Is this supposed to be done before 2011?

I finally found some brief footage of the kaleidophonic screens

for those who don't know......since the CoP moved to WDW in 1975, the load and unload theater have used curtains and a logo for the load and unload theaters.

However, at the world's fair and at disneyland, the load and unload theater featured a wall of lights and mirrors that would pulse and sync to the music being played. You literally could see music!

Oh how I yurn for thee to return in some way shape or form :drevil:

This music video features the kaleidophonic screens very briefly starting at 1:18

http://youtube.com/watch?v=iEpNd6GPuX8&feature=related

331hytx.jpg

the kaleidophonics

2j463km.jpg

boring curtains we've had since 1975...notice the GE logo when the ride was sponsored by them from 1975-1985

Jasonflz

That was very cool looking. Thanks! The same thing happened with the mirrors in UOE. Just boring curtains now.:snore:

jedimaster1227

when they redo the last scene (Martin or Adam or anyone) any word if it will still be the same layout we have had since 1975 (where they take the same stuff and redress it) or are they working on doing a whole new scene?

Is this supposed to be done before 2011?

If by last scene you mean the Future Scene, then yes. It will be redone to once again (but will still hold a mildly futuristic theme). The scale of the refurbishment of the scene has not yet been fully determined, but I can tell you that one of the main goals of the attraction's refurb in general is to fix all of the key animatronics (the ones that you don't see behind a curtain/veil) to have the lifelike movement that we now see in some of the Spaceship Earth characters.

As for the timeframe, it is considered to be a part of the 40th Anniversary plan, but it is very possible that with WDI worrying over the slowing market (Fantasmic's decreased amount of shows is only the first step), the plans may get pushed back so that the more major updates and additions can be completed for the year's promotion.

EPCOT Explorer

The CoP is not closing.
w00t
If by last scene you mean the Future Scene, then yes. It will be redone to once again (but will still hold a mildly futuristic theme). The scale of the refurbishment of the scene has not yet been fully determined, but I can tell you that one of the main goals of the attraction's refurb in general is to fix all of the key animatronics (the ones that you don't see behind a curtain/veil) to have the lifelike movement that we now see in some of the Spaceship Earth characters.

As for the timeframe, it is considered to be a part of the 40th Anniversary plan, but it is very possible that with WDI worrying over the slowing market (Fantasmic's decreased amount of shows is only the first step), the plans may get pushed back so that the more major updates and additions can be completed for the year's promotion.

and w00ter...

Is it just me or is Disney actually listening?:lol:
:lookaroun

Expo_Seeker40

Thanks Adam :wave:

Explorer, I think Disney is realising the potential for this ride and how to grab new audiences.

Since they do read various fan sites, and can gain insight from those other than the general public, than they in return realise that:

The CoP sits in the corner of tomorrowland, with nothing around to help attract people to it, except Buzz Lightyear

Luckily there have been some improvements already made to the ride, and the Buzz and Stitch meet and greet do help people get over to the ride

The ride sits in a pretty unremarkable building, when compared to its new tomorrowland facade counterparts

The galaxy palace theatre is hardly ever used, and the skyway station has no major use, and there is no other ride or attraction nearby on the southwest side of tomorrowland to get people to see the CoP

People just plain don't know what the CoP is

A new theatre is available every 4 minutes and can hold over 200 people, hardly creating a line and causing those outside to think the ride is closed

There are those just plain don't like the ride even when they do ride it, and then always seem to take flash pictures of themselves with a bored look on their face and include a caption that says "OMG stupid diznie ride, sucks so bad!"

So long as more things can be brought to the south and western sides of tomorrowland, and the CoP can get an entire facelift and more promotion, than I believe we will see more people going on the ride, and hopefully more signage, information, etc that better explains the ride than just the small new sign they have now, and a watered down version of "disneyland goes to the world's fair) playing in the preshow....granted they only have 4 minutes to explain over 40 years of history...doh!

***and another thing.....besides the animatronics there are quite a few effects that no longer work***

up until 1994....when all the appliances went crazy in the 1920s scene, pretty much everything went a-wall....now only a few things work

the oven and fridge both used to work in the 1940s scene.....I'm sure the "stuff" is still within the props...heck the fridge still says General Electric on it! :D

***with a new ending means a new cast of voices

***hopefully they will give all the AA's new skin, maybe skin that will make John resemble what he used to look like during the original version

Expo_Seeker40

While updating the finale will be needed.....it still creates the problem of seeing the 1890s, 1920s, and 1940s, and then jumping into the present day or future....creating a huge gap

and then there are the folks that say "well than change the first three acts" well yes, but then you pretty much get rid of all that really even remains from walt disney's original CoP:eek:

thats why if they took the current ending and made it the 1960s and then took the unload theatre and made that the ever changing scene then all guests would be able to experience the original walt disney 1964 version but each generation would get their own unique ending showing where we are today...and leaving the load theater for unloading guests on one side and having guests enter on the other.....but it would cost much more money than to just spruce up the ride in general and then update the current finale :lookaroun

Expo_Seeker40

but will the new new tomorrowland finally have a complete theme...rather than "the future as seen in 1975 while being a future that never was but always will be and adding some pixar characters into it while using unfinished facades and 1970s plastic light fixutures" tomorrowland?

:lookaroun

BillsFanGabe

I don't like that this rumor is true. COP is a true Disney classic, afterall it was at the 1964's World Fair. It is one of Walt's creations. Disney better not take this ride out. COP is part of Walt's legacy that he left for us to enjoy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom