COP Closing?

Expo_Seeker40

watching the last scene for me is just uncomfortable......frozen pizzas....old video games....temperature increase....and orville is doing what in the bathroom :eek:

2lm3q1f.jpg

have mother and father at home for christmas in the 1960s with her jackie O hairdue and dinner in her self-cleaning olive colored oven, and having us the audience rotating into a bonus scene where we get to see a glimpse into the future....well now we're talking :lol:

actually, mother was quite a "stupid" character in the original version, luckily they realised this stereotype and she became a member of the clean waters committee by 1975 :lookaroun

Expo_Seeker40

surprise!!! who would have known mother and father were staying in the contemporary DVC with EPCOT the city right down the street :lol:

Castle Cake Apologist

perhaps tomorrowland should rather be redone to show "the future as seen throughout the ages" to show a variety of depictions of the future from jules verne, through the space age, to 21st century look at the future

Just to clear things up as to how everything in Tomorrowland fits its theme, as a Tomorrowland Ops Cast Member...

Tomorrowland is a space community where aliens, robots, humans, and other intergalactic beings coexist peacefully. It is governed by The League of Planets and is actually a very bustling little town.

Stitch's Great Escape! - The Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention certer is currently being used by the Galactic Federation (a police force dedicated to preserving peace and harmony throughout the galaxy by "protecting the nice from the naughty") as a prisoner teleport center. They took over the facilities from a corporation called XS-Tech in 2004 after a nasty incident resulting in the loss of a life tragically transpired in one of the teleportation chambers. The facility is currently used to bring in prisoners ranging from Level one (common misdemeanors) through level four (extreme high security crimes), where they are held until a cell has been assigned to them, at which point they are teleported outside of Tomorrowland into the Galactic Federation Prison Facilities.

Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor - The Tomorrowland Science Center, across the Avenue Of The Planets from the convention center, is currently housing an open house by a visiting company known as Monsters Incorporated. This outside company has found a way to create extremely efficient energy by harnessing human laughter and has come to Tomorrowland to demonstrate this discovery. By working with technology created by XS-tech in the mid-90's, they transport visitors to their factory in the city of Monstropolis by bringing them through a "teleportation door" (the first and only of its kind). Here, humans are treated to a comedy show by some of the factory's top comedians and shown how their laughter can power an entire city.

Tomorrowland Indy Speedway - This is Tomorrowland's super highway, for those residents who choose to drive motorized vehicles. Most vehicles in Tomorrowland are driven purely for novelty purposes, as the main mode of transportation in the city is the Blue Line. Traffic is always clear here.

Tomorrowland Transit Authority - This is the main mode of travel for the city of Tomorrowland, the Metroliner. The Metroliner features three lines- blue, green, and red. Blue is the most popular and is the only line that humans are allowed to use. They generally board it at the main station at Rockettower Plaza. It makes stops all throughout the city, including Perfect Park Acres (the latest in Hoverburb community) and The Interstellar Hair Salon. The red and green lines are reserved for visiting robots and alien citizens, respectively.

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - This is the current headquarters of Star Command, an elite group dedicated to protecting the galaxy. Guests enter as part of a recruiting drive, but soon discover that their help is needed to defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg.

The Carousel of Progress - This is a presentation of an old Earth artifact that was acquired by The Tomorrowland Metro Retro Historical Society and is now being restored and opened for viewing by the curious general public.

The Galaxy Palace Theater - This is Tomorrowland's main entertainment center, and hosts a galaxy of concerts by artists from all over the universe.

Space Mountain - This is another transporation service offered by The Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Citizens needing to travel to far off places may arrange for their personal rocketships to be waiting here for them to board for their trip at the exact moment they are needed.

Astro Orbiter - Also known as The Personal Rocketship Docking Lot. This is where incoming visitors to Tomorrowland are allowed to park their personal rocketships. An intergalactic parking garage, if you will.

There you have it. The all-encompassing theme of Tomorrowland.

DisneyExpert, thanks for tieing all of the different Tomorrowland attractions together to represent the overall Tomorrowland theme. A few of the attractions appear to be stretching it, but I can see that Disney is atleast trying to make everything fit rather than just dropping something random into the land.

Why Incredibles??? Why not Wall-E??? If that isn't futuristic, then I don't know what is. If they need an attraction in that area to draw in the crowds, when not remove the Galaxy Palace Theater and put in an attraction that park guests want. For most guests, the Galaxy Palace Theater is just wasted space.

I like the idea of seperating Tomorrowland into mini-lands, based around different concepts of tomorrow. You could have your Jules Verne area, based around what people back in the day guessed the future would be like. Then you could have your fantasy and sci-fi version area based upon aliens, robots, and other life forms. Near the fantasy and sci-fi area, you could incorperated an area based on space travel and future designs for NASA. And finally, you could have your Green area, based on what we (today) think the future will be like with Green fuels and more electronic gadgets. Would this concept work? You could call it Tomorrowland: Throughout the Ages!

EPCOT Explorer

surprise!!! who would have known mother and father were staying in the contemporary DVC with EPCOT the city right down the street :lol:

Yet another reason to update it and slap it in a extended wing of Innoventions over in EPCOT,IMO.
;)
Just to clear things up as to how everything in Tomorrowland fits its theme, as a Tomorrowland Ops Cast Member...

Tomorrowland is a space community where aliens, robots, humans, and other intergalactic beings coexist peacefully. It is governed by The League of Planets and is actually a very bustling little town.

Stitch's Great Escape! - The Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention certer is currently being used by the Galactic Federation (a police force dedicated to preserving peace and harmony throughout the galaxy by "protecting the nice from the naughty") as a prisoner teleport center. They took over the facilities from a corporation called XS-Tech in 2004 after a nasty incident resulting in the loss of a life tragically transpired in one of the teleportation chambers. The facility is currently used to bring in prisoners ranging from Level one (common misdemeanors) through level four (extreme high security crimes), where they are held until a cell has been assigned to them, at which point they are teleported outside of Tomorrowland into the Galactic Federation Prison Facilities.

Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor - The Tomorrowland Science Center, across the Avenue Of The Planets from the convention center, is currently housing an open house by a visiting company known as Monsters Incorporated. This outside company has found a way to create extremely efficient energy by harnessing human laughter and has come to Tomorrowland to demonstrate this discovery. By working with technology created by XS-tech in the mid-90's, they transport visitors to their factory in the city of Monstropolis by bringing them through a "teleportation door" (the first and only of its kind). Here, humans are treated to a comedy show by some of the factory's top comedians and shown how their laughter can power an entire city.

Tomorrowland Indy Speedway - This is Tomorrowland's super highway, for those residents who choose to drive motorized vehicles. Most vehicles in Tomorrowland are driven purely for novelty purposes, as the main mode of transportation in the city is the Blue Line. Traffic is always clear here.

Tomorrowland Transit Authority - This is the main mode of travel for the city of Tomorrowland, the Metroliner. The Metroliner features three lines- blue, green, and red. Blue is the most popular and is the only line that humans are allowed to use. They generally board it at the main station at Rockettower Plaza. It makes stops all throughout the city, including Perfect Park Acres (the latest in Hoverburb community) and The Interstellar Hair Salon. The red and green lines are reserved for visiting robots and alien citizens, respectively.

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - This is the current headquarters of Star Command, an elite group dedicated to protecting the galaxy. Guests enter as part of a recruiting drive, but soon discover that their help is needed to defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg.

The Carousel of Progress - This is a presentation of an old Earth artifact that was acquired by The Tomorrowland Metro Retro Historical Society and is now being restored and opened for viewing by the curious general public.

The Galaxy Palace Theater - This is Tomorrowland's main entertainment center, and hosts a galaxy of concerts by artists from all over the universe.

Space Mountain - This is another transporation service offered by The Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Citizens needing to travel to far off places may arrange for their personal rocketships to be waiting here for them to board for their trip at the exact moment they are needed.

Astro Orbiter - Also known as The Personal Rocketship Docking Lot. This is where incoming visitors to Tomorrowland are allowed to park their personal rocketships. An intergalactic parking garage, if you will.

There you have it. The all-encompassing theme of Tomorrowland.

That's very cool and thanks for typing that all out,but a few things in there are a bit of a stretch...If you didn't read that you wouldn't know how these things fit.

As for the whole "Future Through The Ages Thing" it sounds cool but how would you theme something like that?!?The whole land would clash if they had different types of architecture...:dazzle:

magicalpins

Has anyone heard that Carousel of Progress will be closing and replaced with an incredibles themed ride? I really hope that this is not true!

Its true that the Carousel of Progress is closing. However, its not due to an Incredibles themed attraction. Its closing as part of a Bold New Vision for Tomorrowland to feature more shopping and dining options.

Castle Cake Apologist

That's very cool and thanks for typing that all out,but a few things in there are a bit of a stretch...If you didn't read that you wouldn't know how these things fit.

You're welcome.

And, actually, if you pay attention to EVERYTHING in Tomorrowland (and I mean EVERYTHING), it's all right there in front of you...

That's what I love about my land... it probably has, by all technicalities, the most congruent story in the park.

If there's anything in particular you were wondering about... feel free to ask.

:)

MissM

Tomorrowland Transit Authority -
...It makes stops all throughout the city, including Perfect Park Acres (the latest in Hoverburb community)
Is it really Hoverburb? I always assumed it was "Hoverbird" community. Is that written down somewhere that says "burb?" Now I can't wait for blackout to be over so I can listen to it again. We ride it so often, I practically know the script by heart.
-m

brkgnews

Is it really Hoverburb? I always assumed it was "Hoverbird" community. Is that written down somewhere that says "burb?" Now I can't wait for blackout to be over so I can listen to it again. We ride it so often, I practically know the script by heart.
-m
I always thought it was Hoverburg :lol:

kingslyZISSOU

Always a rumor about that. If it was really happening it sure would not be the incredibles being the new attraction.

I agree. The Incredibles just didn't get very popular. (I haven't even seen it in English yet) thats the bottom line. It just doesn't make sense for the suits to green light an attraction based on this movie, when wall-e is becoming extremely popular. Its already #9 on imdb.com's top movies ever.

If they ever do anything with cop, i hope its an extensive refurb, not a replacement. theres never a line for it, but whenever i have been on it, its pretty full.

kingslyZISSOU

I know this sounds impossible, but wouldn't it be cool if they moved cop so it was accessible from mainstreet? It could be seen as a piece of history. I think it would be really neat, instead of just getting rid of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom