Confessions of a DFTW Bride To Be

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Wedding Planning Kit

We got our Escape Wedding Planning Kit today! It was sent via email and it is a PDF that you fill out and then there is a submit button that emails everything to your wedding coordinator. Wow where do I start with this thing? Not all of the options I am adding are included in the kit. For example, I would like to add hors devours to the cake & champagne celebration but that info isn't in there. Dessert Party food prices are not included but decor is. It's a bit odd actually. I'm just going to fill it out the best I can, it looks pretty informal to me. I'm sure I'll be able to change things if I change my mind, I think this is used by the wedding planner to get an idea of what I want included in my event.

Do they send you a CD of the song selections? There is a sheet that lists songs to select from but I'm not sure what some of them are. We're going with mostly Disney songs but my Mom and I decided I need to walk down the aisle to the traditional Here Comes The Bride. I've watched a LOT of wedding videos on YouTube and there is something more dramatic about the doors opening at the Wedding Pavilion when the music swells and the bride is standing there....I get teary every time I picture it! :cry:

Hair & Makeup

I have decided to go with Patricia LeJeune for hair & makeup. I feel like every wedding TR I read has her name in it and her work is exquisite. I would like the old hollywood look - sleek, elegant, simple, beautiful. She does that quite well. I sent in a request form and I hear it takes her about 3 days to respond. I'm waiting with baited breath! I hope she's available for both my wedding and my portrait session.

Does anyone have any ideas for my hair? I haven't decided if I want it up, down, half up, etc. Also, do you think I should have the exact same look for my bridal portraits?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Love the dress!! It's perfect on you.

I have to say, I also liked the one with the red train and lace-up back. That one was fabulous on you, too, but you said it was heavy, and that wouldn't do.

Tough call on the hair. I'm tempted to say, with the Cinderella dress, why not go with "up", since Cinderella wore hers that way. You'll figure out what's best for you. :wave:

Thanks for sharing all of your planning.

Edit: after looking at your dress pictures again, I think your hair down goes nice with the strapless dresses. Like I said, you'll figure out what looks best for you.

Ariel484

The hair: look at TONS of pictures. This was probably the hardest thing for me to decide when I was in the midst of wedding planning. Originally I wanted my hair curled/half-up, but I kept worrying that it wouldn't stay looking nice all day and ended up going with an up-do. I was lucky to find a great picture that showed the style I wanted from the front, sides and back. I loved my hair when it was done, and it was nice to just have it all up and not have to worry about it, but sometimes I wish I would've gone with the half-up like I originally wanted. I'm sure the woman who did my hair would've sprayed the crap out of it and it would have looked fine. :shrug: Is it going to be possible for your to have a "trial run" for the hair? Maybe that will help you decide. Oh, and I did my own make-up...that's so fun that you're getting yours professionally done!

As for the bridal portrait...if you have a couple of hairstyles that you like maybe you could do one for the actual wedding day and one for the portraits? Not sure. :shrug:

cathyy

I would say ask your soon to be husband which way he likes your hair. My husband def. wanted mine down, so I just had curls put in and just a little bit of the side pulled back. I think either 1/2 up and 1/2 down or all down would be nice with the dress... but whichever you decide I'm sure it will be perfect! :)
That dress is breathtaking! I'm glad it isn't as heavy as the other one.
How excited that you are getting everything in place.

diddy_mouse

I have been following Holly's pre-trip report and now I'm totally sucked into yours! (though I'm joining the party a little late)

Your dress is so lovely and it suits you to a T. I think the veil was the icing on the cake...perfect length for the dress. And as mentioned before, the dress, the setting, your fiance dressed to the nines, the music....oh goodness....pure magic! Oh and for the accessories, it's wonderful that you didn't have to search too hard and that you could borrow them. My mom let me borrow her earrings but I ended up buying the veil, shoes, and garter. Although my husband gave me a Tiffany necklace as my day-before-the-wedding gift so I could wear it on our special day. He did some sneaky shopping with one of my bridesmaids, it matched the dress perfectly.

Big congrats on reaching your goal weight! I have been using Get Fit With Mel B for the PS3 and it's done pretty well. It's like taking a dance class but it also has options like combat and nutrition plans.

For you hair, I'd suggest halfway up maybe with some loose curls or waves if your hair can hold them. Definitely look at a lot of pictures and figure out what works best for you. And hopefully you can get a trial run once you decide. I'm sure whatever you choose, you will be stunning! :D

PartOfYourWorld

Hi! I just wanted to say that I have been following your wedding planning before I just joined today and finally decided to join! :) And it's exciting to watch how everything is coming along! Can't wait to hear about it more! Have you thought about what kind of Disney cake you want??

(I have already started saving money for my future Disney wedding that I would like!!)

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Love the dress!! It's perfect on you.

I have to say, I also liked the one with the red train and lace-up back. That one was fabulous on you, too, but you said it was heavy, and that wouldn't do.

Tough call on the hair. I'm tempted to say, with the Cinderella dress, why not go with "up", since Cinderella wore hers that way. You'll figure out what's best for you. :wave:

Thanks for sharing all of your planning.

Edit: after looking at your dress pictures again, I think your hair down goes nice with the strapless dresses. Like I said, you'll figure out what looks best for you.

It's funny, in person I thought that the #1516 with the red down the back looked the worst on me. My sister took a flattering picture :) Looking at myself in the mirror, I thought it did nothing for my waist. I'm so happy to get such good feedback and thanks for the tip on my hair. I think since I wear my hair up on a daily basis, it might be nice to wear it down for my wedding.

The hair: look at TONS of pictures. This was probably the hardest thing for me to decide when I was in the midst of wedding planning. Originally I wanted my hair curled/half-up, but I kept worrying that it wouldn't stay looking nice all day and ended up going with an up-do. I was lucky to find a great picture that showed the style I wanted from the front, sides and back. I loved my hair when it was done, and it was nice to just have it all up and not have to worry about it, but sometimes I wish I would've gone with the half-up like I originally wanted. I'm sure the woman who did my hair would've sprayed the crap out of it and it would have looked fine. :shrug: Is it going to be possible for your to have a "trial run" for the hair? Maybe that will help you decide. Oh, and I did my own make-up...that's so fun that you're getting yours professionally done!

As for the bridal portrait...if you have a couple of hairstyles that you like maybe you could do one for the actual wedding day and one for the portraits? Not sure. :shrug:

OO you have a really good point - an up-do is designed to last for longer periods of time. I will be getting my hair done around 9 or 10AM and it needs to last through my DP which will end at 9:30PM. Maybe hair down for bridal portraits?

Does your fiancee have an opinion about your hair? I wore mine half up, half down because that's how my husband liked it.

I would say ask your soon to be husband which way he likes your hair. My husband def. wanted mine down, so I just had curls put in and just a little bit of the side pulled back. I think either 1/2 up and 1/2 down or all down would be nice with the dress... but whichever you decide I'm sure it will be perfect! :)
That dress is breathtaking! I'm glad it isn't as heavy as the other one.
How excited that you are getting everything in place.

He likes my hair down because I hardly ever wear it that way. When I'm at work, I like to have it out of my face because I think it looks more professional. I'm a web developer and I'm 1 of 2 women in my department. Looking professional is the name of the game in my industry :) I think I'll wear it down at least for the bridal portraits.

I have been following Holly's pre-trip report and now I'm totally sucked into yours! (though I'm joining the party a little late)

Your dress is so lovely and it suits you to a T. I think the veil was the icing on the cake...perfect length for the dress. And as mentioned before, the dress, the setting, your fiance dressed to the nines, the music....oh goodness....pure magic! Oh and for the accessories, it's wonderful that you didn't have to search too hard and that you could borrow them. My mom let me borrow her earrings but I ended up buying the veil, shoes, and garter. Although my husband gave me a Tiffany necklace as my day-before-the-wedding gift so I could wear it on our special day. He did some sneaky shopping with one of my bridesmaids, it matched the dress perfectly.

Big congrats on reaching your goal weight! I have been using Get Fit With Mel B for the PS3 and it's done pretty well. It's like taking a dance class but it also has options like combat and nutrition plans.

For you hair, I'd suggest halfway up maybe with some loose curls or waves if your hair can hold them. Definitely look at a lot of pictures and figure out what works best for you. And hopefully you can get a trial run once you decide. I'm sure whatever you choose, you will be stunning! :D

Welcome to the thread Diddy! I'm glad you're enjoying all the wedding planning going on on this site! I think I'll have to try out Get Fit With Mel B. I've never heard of that one and I love games like DDR. I lost my first 20 lbs with DDR Supernova. Dancing is a great cardio workout that's fun too!

Hi! I just wanted to say that I have been following your wedding planning before I just joined today and finally decided to join! :) And it's exciting to watch how everything is coming along! Can't wait to hear about it more! Have you thought about what kind of Disney cake you want??

(I have already started saving money for my future Disney wedding that I would like!!)

Welcome to WDWMagic, PartOfYourWorld!! I'm so flattered that you decided to join :) I decided on my cake a long time ago when I saw the Disney Weddings special on the Food Channel. It's Mickey's Delight all the way for us! That's the white cake with little golden Mickey heads all over it. We get the Mickey & Minnie Cake topper with our Escape Package. I think we're going to do different flavors for both layers - Yellow Cake/Chocolate Mousse & Yellow Cake/Bavarian Cream. YUM!! Too bad we can't do a tasting, that is not included in the Escape Package. But you can go to the GF and order a cake for testing. I'm not sure if you can order it by the slice because I think ordering an entire cake would be a bit ridiculous. I'm sure it will be delicious regardless.

PartOfYourWorld

Welcome to WDWMagic, PartOfYourWorld!! I'm so flattered that you decided to join :) I decided on my cake a long time ago when I saw the Disney Weddings special on the Food Channel. It's Mickey's Delight all the way for us! That's the white cake with little golden Mickey heads all over it. We get the Mickey & Minnie Cake topper with our Escape Package. I think we're going to do different flavors for both layers - Yellow Cake/Chocolate Mousse & Yellow Cake/Bavarian Cream. YUM!! Too bad we can't do a tasting, that is not included in the Escape Package. But you can go to the GF and order a cake for testing. I'm not sure if you can order it by the slice because I think ordering an entire cake would be a bit ridiculous. I'm sure it will be delicious regardless.

Thank you! And that cake you describe sounds really really yummy! Making me want some cake now! :D Stinks about the no cake testing, but I'm sure all the Disney cakes are yummy!

And I forgot to say before congrats on reaching your weight loss goal with WiiFit! You looked great in your dress, a Cinderella princess!!!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Thank you! And that cake you describe sounds really really yummy! Making me want some cake now! :D Stinks about the no cake testing, but I'm sure all the Disney cakes are yummy!

And I forgot to say before congrats on reaching your weight loss goal with WiiFit! You looked great in your dress, a Cinderella princess!!!

Thank you so much! I can't wait for the cake, I've heard they are all to die for :) I love my dress so much! I think it suits me perfectly.

HollyBelle

Congrats on your Inside Disney Weddings feature! How fun. I've never listened to any of those podcasts, but I'm thinking that is gonna have to change. :)

Initially, Patricia Lejeune was my first choice, as well. But she replied to my inquiry saying that I had to have at least 4 services (i.e. 2 hair and 2 makeup, or 3 hair and 1 makeup) for it to be worth her time. Sooooo I went with Beaute Speciale instead. They've been extremely responsive.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Our spotlight podcast is out! I haven't listened to it yet but I wanted to post it here :)

http://www.insidedisneyweddings.com/2011/03/wedding-planning-spotlight-shelly-jason/

We had so much fun chatting with Scott and Carrie about everything. We talked about how we met, our engagement, and all of our wedding plans. They asked us to come back to chat about our wedding afterwards and we're really looking forward to it. These podcasts are really great because they give you good ideas, money saving tips, and it's just plain fun to listen to couples talk about their Disney wedding! I'm SO hooked :)

Goofygirl07

Our spotlight podcast is out! I haven't listened to it yet but I wanted to post it here :)

http://www.insidedisneyweddings.com/2011/03/wedding-planning-spotlight-shelly-jason/

We had so much fun chatting with Scott and Carrie about everything. We talked about how we met, our engagement, and all of our wedding plans. They asked us to come back to chat about our wedding afterwards and we're really looking forward to it. These podcasts are really great because they give you good ideas, money saving tips, and it's just plain fun to listen to couples talk about their Disney wedding! I'm SO hooked :)

I tried to listen to it, but it told me the file is not found.

Tomi-Rocket

Cinderella....

I'm loving the first dress, the Cinderella dress - you can't get more "Audrey Hepburn" than that, it looks like something should could've worn!

I was also a WDW bride! Waaay back in 1994 (the pavillion was being built then) and we were married in Sept., too. Our special date is the 25th. Planning through Disney with our wedding planner. Jan, was the best, easiest experience. I hope you enjoy every minute of planning and of your special, special day!!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I'm loving the first dress, the Cinderella dress - you can't get more "Audrey Hepburn" than that, it looks like something should could've worn!

I was also a WDW bride! Waaay back in 1994 (the pavillion was being built then) and we were married in Sept., too. Our special date is the 25th. Planning through Disney with our wedding planner. Jan, was the best, easiest experience. I hope you enjoy every minute of planning and of your special, special day!!

I am TOTALLY going for a look like Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face. I love that movie. Well any Audrey Hepburn movie really. She is just gorgeous :)

I am loving most of the wedding planning. I've had a few freak out moments that you will hear about in the podcast. Of course I've heard all of the advice: You can't control people, you can't please everybody, don't freak out. But what do I do? FREAK OUT!!

Fashionista007

Original Poster

The podcast is out now! We're listening to it now :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom