Confessions of a DFTW Bride To Be

PartOfYourWorld

Love the cake!!!! And it sounds delicious!!! :D
Also, question: Your first dance where does that happen? At your cake celebration or at that dessert party you plan on having? I just assumed after looking and roaming around on Disney's wedding website that there was no dancing, just curious as to how that all works.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I'm glad you decided to go with the Videography. We went back and forth on that ourselves and were very, very happy we did.

I loved seeing your video on YouTube :) It was gorgeous! I figured we had to get the video so that all of our family and friends can see it because we're having such a small wedding. I would like for them to feel like they were a part of our special day :)

Love the cake!!!! And it sounds delicious!!! :D
Also, question: Your first dance where does that happen? At your cake celebration or at that dessert party you plan on having? I just assumed after looking and roaming around on Disney's wedding website that there was no dancing, just curious as to how that all works.

Thank you! Looking at the picture always makes me drool :hammer: I hope there is a lot left because we can keep it in our fridge at Saratoga Springs and munch on it all week! Ah, living the dream...

The first dance is at the cake & champagne celebration. I don't have a concrete itinerary yet but here's how I think it will go:

11:30AM - Meet photographer at the WP for pictures (they will keep Jason and I separate until the ceremony)
12:00PM - 12:30PM - Ceremony
12:30PM - 1PM - More family pictures outside at the GF, the archway overlooking the castle, and the lobby
1PM - 1:30PM - Cake & Champagne Celebration

The Cake & Champagne celebration includes all sorts of options but you can do anything you want. I think we are going to have Mickey & Minnie come in, take some pictures, then the toasts and the first dance. Then we'll switch and I'll dance with Mickey and Jason with Minnie :) After that we'll cut the cake & I'm hoping to add hors devours. People can dance if they want but I think we'll mostly be shoving food into our faces because it will be after 1PM and we'll all be hungry! :sohappy:

PartOfYourWorld

I loved seeing your video on YouTube :) It was gorgeous! I figured we had to get the video so that all of our family and friends can see it because we're having such a small wedding. I would like for them to feel like they were a part of our special day :)

Thank you! Looking at the picture always makes me drool :hammer: I hope there is a lot left because we can keep it in our fridge at Saratoga Springs and munch on it all week! Ah, living the dream...

The first dance is at the cake & champagne celebration. I don't have a concrete itinerary yet but here's how I think it will go:

11:30AM - Meet photographer at the WP for pictures (they will keep Jason and I separate until the ceremony)
12:00PM - 12:30PM - Ceremony
12:30PM - 1PM - More family pictures outside at the GF, the archway overlooking the castle, and the lobby
1PM - 1:30PM - Cake & Champagne Celebration

The Cake & Champagne celebration includes all sorts of options but you can do anything you want. I think we are going to have Mickey & Minnie come in, take some pictures, then the toasts and the first dance. Then we'll switch and I'll dance with Mickey and Jason with Minnie :) After that we'll cut the cake & I'm hoping to add hors devours. People can dance if they want but I think we'll mostly be shoving food into our faces because it will be after 1PM and we'll all be hungry! :sohappy:

Okay thanks for the info :) That's where I figured it was happening I was just curious. And those pictures are going to be beautiful I can already see it! I took pictures of the outside of the pavilion when I just went to WDW in January. I should have asked to go inside, but I didn't :(. Stupid me :brick:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
ADR Woes Already??

I started making our ADRs yesterday and I got our first one - Teppan Edo for dinner our first night. I just made our second for California Grill and I wanted 8PM because Wishes is scheduled for 9PM that night but I was only able to get 9:10PM??? I tried at midnight and 5:30AM but it wouldn't let me book. Then I tried again just now around 6:03AM and I was only able to get 9:10PM? Jeez. Will this be ok if we want to watch Wishes or should I swap it for another night?

ADR Woes Already??

I started making our ADRs yesterday and I got our first one - Teppan Edo for dinner our first night. I just made our second for California Grill and I wanted 8PM because Wishes is scheduled for 9PM that night but I was only able to get 9:10PM??? I tried at midnight and 5:30AM but it wouldn't let me book. Then I tried again just now around 6:03AM and I was only able to get 9:10PM? Jeez. Will this be ok if we want to watch Wishes or should I swap it for another night?

I have been following your thread for a long time now and you inspired me to join wdwmagic start my own! As far as your ADR's did you think about calling them instead of just booking online? I know when I have run into time problems I have called and they say that something opened up, or they can give you a better idea of if you show up early you can be seated if there is room. Sometimes they will tell you to call the week of because people will cancel ADRs and they might be able to fit you in. If all else fails check other nights you have available! Good luck!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I have been following your thread for a long time now and you inspired me to join wdwmagic start my own! As far as your ADR's did you think about calling them instead of just booking online? I know when I have run into time problems I have called and they say that something opened up, or they can give you a better idea of if you show up early you can be seated if there is room. Sometimes they will tell you to call the week of because people will cancel ADRs and they might be able to fit you in. If all else fails check other nights you have available! Good luck!

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond...my life has been CRAZY! And it's only going to get worse :( I seriously cannot wait for SWW, I need a trip!

I did end up doing what you suggested and we ended up getting a 7:55PM ressie at Cali Grill for Wednesday - the day after the wedding! I figured it would be a great first dinner as a married couple :cry:

I hope I can get some time in this weekend to catch up on TRs and I want to give your thread a good read! Thanks so much for the suggestion, it really helped :)

Fashionista007

Original Poster
A lot has happened since my last update so I'll try to fit it all in...

ADRs

I'm very happy with our ADR's! We chose a lot of new places we've been wanting to try plus some old favorites we just can't do without:

New:

Teppan Edo
Liberty Tree Tavern
California Grill w/ Wishes Viewing
Tusker House Character Breakfast
Le Cellier
Yak & Yeti

Old Favorites:

Crystal Palace Character Breakfast (I've done this, Jason hasn't)
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Rose & Crown (I've done this, Jason hasn't)

I am totally excited for every single restaurant. Any suggestions on what to order? We're definitely getting sushi at Cali Grill. We're big sushi fans! I think the best sushi in the world (the entire world, not just WDW) is at Yakitori House. We generally eat Quick Service there a minimum of 3 times per trip :)

I was sure to put our Wedding and Honeymoon both on each ADR and I can't wait to see what magical surprises await us! For my birthday, they sang to me at Les Chefs De France in French and it is one of my favorite memories. I've seen pictures of some of the desserts they send out for honeymooners and I definitely did not get that for my birthday, I always got a small cake or cupcake. I can't wait!!

BEO

About a week or two after I sent in my completed Wedding Planning Kit, my planner sent me the first draft of our BEO (Banquet Event Order). Surprisingly, the total cost is much less than I expected with the Illuminations Dessert Party. However, there are many changes and additions that we're planning to make so we'll see. We have a meeting set up at Franck's May 23. I already have a list of questions and I'm sure I'll come up with even more by the time we get there :)

Signed Contract & AP Vouchers

I was a bit surprised at how long it took to get the signed contract back with our AP Vouchers. I had to ask about it 3 times before they finally came last week. We're using our APs for our SWW/Wedding Planning Trip in just 4 weeks and I was getting antsy. The package we got also had a hand written note on Mickey stationary from our sales consultant thanking us for choosing Disney Fairytale Weddings. It was so sweet :)

Pray For Me

I can't tell you the exact story yet (in about a month maybe) but I just wanted to let any other brides out there know what not to do while you're planning a wedding. Don't do what I'm doing!! I haven't been able to concentrate on the wedding at all for about a month now but I'm hoping to rectify the "situation" soon. If I do, my reward will be an upgrade to the Grand Floridian :) I ended up booking 2 hotels for our trip - Saratoga Springs & The Grand Floridian with my PIN code for 40% off the room rate. Seriously, we would never be able to stay at GF without that special. But at 40% off it's basically the same price of a moderate during holiday season.

Over the next 5 weeks, I have a lot happening in my life. A family birthday party, my Neice/Goddaughter's Communion, then it's off to Microsoft TechEd in Atlanta followed by SWW and then my future BIL's high school graduation. Not to mention Mother's Day. Argh. The only thing getting me through is knowing that I'll be home in WDW in just 4 weeks!!

One positive thing I'll say about the stress is that it has helped me blow past my weight loss goal! I've now lost about 20 lbs since Christmas and 60 lbs overall in the past 2 years. I picked up a pair of Sketchers Shape Ups for the SWW trip and I've been breaking them in. Very happy so far! I'll probably take a long walk around the harbor at lunch today to really test them out :)

Have a magical day! :sohappy:

I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond...my life has been CRAZY! And it's only going to get worse :( I seriously cannot wait for SWW, I need a trip!

I did end up doing what you suggested and we ended up getting a 7:55PM ressie at Cali Grill for Wednesday - the day after the wedding! I figured it would be a great first dinner as a married couple :cry:

I hope I can get some time in this weekend to catch up on TRs and I want to give your thread a good read! Thanks so much for the suggestion, it really helped :)

Yay! Glad it helped and worked! I don't get why online and phone seem like two different ressie worlds but who knows with WDW :ROFLOL:

I will be posting more to our thread tomorrow night! Dress shopping and planning packet stuff! I look forward to your insight!

ADRs

I'm very happy with our ADR's! We chose a lot of new places we've been wanting to try plus some old favorites we just can't do without:

New:

Teppan Edo
Liberty Tree Tavern
Le Cellier
Yak & Yeti

Old Favorites:

I am totally excited for every single restaurant. Any suggestions on what to order? We're definitely getting sushi at Cali Grill. We're big sushi fans! I think the best sushi in the world (the entire world, not just WDW) is at Yakitori House. We generally eat Quick Service there a minimum of 3 times per trip :)

I was sure to put our Wedding and Honeymoon both on each ADR and I can't wait to see what magical surprises await us! For my birthday, they sang to me at Les Chefs De France in French and it is one of my favorite memories. I've seen pictures of some of the desserts they send out for honeymooners and I definitely did not get that for my birthday, I always got a small cake or cupcake. I can't wait!!

BEO

About a week or two after I sent in my completed Wedding Planning Kit, my planner sent me the first draft of our BEO (Banquet Event Order). Surprisingly, the total cost is much less than I expected with the Illuminations Dessert Party. However, there are many changes and additions that we're planning to make so we'll see. We have a meeting set up at Franck's May 23. I already have a list of questions and I'm sure I'll come up with even more by the time we get there :)

I was a bit surprised at how long it took to get the signed contract back with our AP Vouchers. I had to ask about it 3 times before they finally came last week. We're using our APs for our SWW/Wedding Planning Trip in just 4 weeks and I was getting antsy. The package we got also had a hand written note on Mickey stationary from our sales consultant thanking us for choosing Disney Fairytale Weddings. It was so sweet :)

Sorry in advance that this is so long, I just had an urge to comment :lol:

I love Tusker House and Yak and Yeti! I think its just because I worked at KSR but still they are both amazing!

How do you like Brown Derby? I really want to go there with Robby but I am not sure about it, and our budget.... I think it would be nice for a belated anniversary dinner but I am not sure.

For our 6 month Anniversary we went to Crystal Palace and they made a heart at the table, and at 1900 PF we each got a cupcake and place mat that was signed! It was awesome! I can't wait to hear what you get with your ADRs!

I am working on our planning kit now and I cannot wait for Francks! I think every DFTW Bride is excited for that trip!

When did you send your contract back? It took our signed contract about 4-5 weeks to get back to us with our APs (that we don't need b/c we are both CMs) but I just got it last week.

What are you looking at for your trip? hhmmm would a fellow DFTW Bride-to Be like to pow-wow??? :ROFLOL:

Relax and HAVE FUN at SWW! It will be a well deserved vacation!

PartOfYourWorld

ADRs

New:

Teppan Edo
Liberty Tree Tavern
Le Cellier
Yak & Yeti

Old Favorites:

BEO

Pray For Me

I can't tell you the exact story yet (in about a month maybe) but I just wanted to let any other brides out there know what not to do while you're planning a wedding. Don't do what I'm doing!! I haven't been able to concentrate on the wedding at all for about a month now but I'm hoping to rectify the "situation" soon. If I do, my reward will be an upgrade to the Grand Floridian :) I ended up booking 2 hotels for our trip - Saratoga Springs & The Grand Floridian with my PIN code for 40% off the room rate. Seriously, we would never be able to stay at GF without that special. But at 40% off it's basically the same price of a moderate during holiday season.

Over the next 5 weeks, I have a lot happening in my life. A family birthday party, my Neice/Goddaughter's Communion, then it's off to Microsoft TechEd in Atlanta followed by SWW and then my future BIL's high school graduation. Not to mention Mother's Day. Argh. The only thing getting me through is knowing that I'll be home in WDW in just 4 weeks!!

One positive thing I'll say about the stress is that it has helped me blow past my weight loss goal! I've now lost about 20 lbs since Christmas and 60 lbs overall in the past 2 years. I picked up a pair of Sketchers Shape Ups for the SWW trip and I've been breaking them in. Very happy so far! I'll probably take a long walk around the harbor at lunch today to really test them out :)

Have a magical day! :sohappy:

Le Cellier is my favorite!!! (Along with Crystal Palace) And I Teppan Edo and Tusker House are at the top as well you're going to love them!!!!!

Hopefully everything goes well in the next few weeks for you! And you'll just have to tell me about re-vamped Star Tours! I can't wait to try it out in September!!!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I love Tusker House and Yak and Yeti! I think its just because I worked at KSR but still they are both amazing!

How do you like Brown Derby? I really want to go there with Robby but I am not sure about it, and our budget.... I think it would be nice for a belated anniversary dinner but I am not sure.

For our 6 month Anniversary we went to Crystal Palace and they made a heart at the table, and at 1900 PF we each got a cupcake and place mat that was signed! It was awesome! I can't wait to hear what you get with your ADRs!

I am working on our planning kit now and I cannot wait for Francks! I think every DFTW Bride is excited for that trip!

When did you send your contract back? It took our signed contract about 4-5 weeks to get back to us with our APs (that we don't need b/c we are both CMs) but I just got it last week.

What are you looking at for your trip? hhmmm would a fellow DFTW Bride-to Be like to pow-wow??? :ROFLOL:

Relax and HAVE FUN at SWW! It will be a well deserved vacation!

I'm so happy to hear I picked some good ADR's :) Like there are any bad ones right? OMG you HAVE to do Brown Derby. So far, it's our #1 favorite restaurant. I'm expecting Cali Grill to quickly jump up to that spot with our Wishes timed ressies! If you do go to Brown Derby, get the crab cake appetizer. You will not be sorry :)

It took forever to get our signed contract back, just about 2 months. I kept bugging my wedding planner about it, I hope I wasn't too annoying :)

We'll be down from May 19 (the day you move, yes?) to the 23rd. I'm SO excited, it's just about 3 weeks away! I'm going to go nutz with excitement when we get there! It's a short trip and we have a LOT planned. I can't wait for the planning session. I think it's great to meet your planner in person before the big day. Plus we get to meet RevKev Knox! It will be a productive trip :)

Le Cellier is my favorite!!! (Along with Crystal Palace) And Teppan Edo and Tusker House are at the top as well you're going to love them!!!!!

Hopefully everything goes well in the next few weeks for you! And you'll just have to tell me about re-vamped Star Tours! I can't wait to try it out in September!!!

Yes shame on me for not having eaten at Le Cellier yet! I'm excited for all of them but I guess I swoon over the signature dining experiences because we never go to places like that at home. I generally cook every night because it's cheaper so we can save up for our numerous trips to WDW :)

Thank you for the support, believe me I need it! I'm just taking it one day at a time. I'll be sure to post a TR for our SWW trip. I hope we get to meet some celebs! I'm excited for Star Tours 2.0 but I'm afraid it will be in "B" mode while we're there. Reports are saying that they may only have a few of the sequences ready for opening day. Oh well I guess that gives us more to look forward to in September!

djpoore94

We'll be down from May 19 (the day you move, yes?) to the 23rd. I'm SO excited, it's just about 3 weeks away! I'm going to go nutz with excitement when we get there! It's a short trip and we have a LOT planned. I can't wait for the planning session. I think it's great to meet your planner in person before the big day. Plus we get to meet RevKev Knox! It will be a productive trip :)

We'll be there that weekend too, we get in on the 20TH ! We love Star Wars, but are still debating whether we want to battle the crowds at DHS since we're so short on time. We haven't been since December 09 and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
We'll be there that weekend too, we get in on the 20TH ! We love Star Wars, but are still debating whether we want to battle the crowds at DHS since we're so short on time. We haven't been since December 09 and I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!

WooHoo! I'm excited for you! I remember how I felt the first time I went back to The World after not having been there for 6 LONG years. I burst into tears the instant I entered the MK. :hammer:

If you do decide to battle the crowds at DHS, we'll be there all day so if you see us, feel free to say hi! :wave:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Happy royal wedding day!!

Happy Royal Wedding Day everybody! I woke up at 4:30AM for the big event (and because I had to do some work off hours) and I enjoyed every minute of it! I wish I could have attended the event at the Wedding Pavilion, it looked like a ton of fun.

As I'm experimenting with my hair styles, I think for at least the bridal portraits I'm going to wear it down like Kate. I thought that her dress and hair matched very well and she looked just beautiful! I cried of course :) What stations did you all watch? I kept my TiVo tuned to TLC because I wanted to see Randy! He was hilarious as usual, I love him! :wave:

sweetpee_1993

Just caught up on your thread. My TR and DFTW report reading has been so sporadic for sooooo long! Like you, lots going on here. Tracey is finally home from Oklahoma...we picked up an old/new Yukon cheap for Chandler's 1st car next year (but it neeeeeds a lot of elbow-grease & TLC to clean up the inside)...making biiiig pushes to get the boys finished up on their subjects one-by-one... **sigh** My house looks like a hurricane tore thru. I finally got an escape today, tho. Tracey took the boys to help his grandparents clean out their attic so I've got an alone day. Soooo...I catch up a little!

Happy Royal Wedding Day everybody! I woke up at 4:30AM for the big event (and because I had to do some work off hours) and I enjoyed every minute of it! I wish I could have attended the event at the Wedding Pavilion, it looked like a ton of fun.

As I'm experimenting with my hair styles, I think for at least the bridal portraits I'm going to wear it down like Kate. I thought that her dress and hair matched very well and she looked just beautiful! I cried of course :) What stations did you all watch? I kept my TiVo tuned to TLC because I wanted to see Randy! He was hilarious as usual, I love him! :wave:

I didn't watch the Royal Wedding live. I slept. At 7:00 a.m. when my alarm went off I laid in bed listening for Chandler to come bug me to get up but he didn't. This is our normal routine. Bossy-britches teenage sons are so much fun. This one has earned the name of "Daddy Chandler" because he carries on like he's the little daddy around here. So I got up and went to see what was wrong with him. I pushed his bedroom door open to find him propped up in bed watching t.v. He blurted out, "Don't say anything! Be quiet! I've been waiting for this for hours!!!!" I was like: Whaaaa?!?! So confused! The fly-by of the airplanes was on the t.v. He says, "It's the fly-by, Mom. I've been waiting for this part. I set my alarm and got up at 2:30 (a.m.) to watch the big wedding." Really?! Are you frickin' kiddin' me?! My 15 yro son who proclaims daily that he doesn't want to get married or have kids ever set his alarm and woke himself up at 2:30 in the stinkin' morning to watch the Royal Wedding?!?! He's so full of crap! He's got as tender a heart as anyone I've ever known! :lol: It was so surreal to hear him jabber on and on over breakfast, talking about Kate's mom and various people like he knew who all those people were. He told me all about Fergie's girls and the crazy hat. He kept calling all the hats "Lady GaGa Crap Hats". He told me all kinds of stuff about all the details including his reviews of all the fashion. It was really odd. Last night Tracey asked him what the heck he got up so early to watch the wedding for. His response: It's a historic event. I wanted to see it. Teenagers. Just when you think you got 'em pegged.... :lol:

I watched the wedding last night on TLC as a re-broadcast. Randy was a trip. When they first cut to him and he was all excited the crowd was so quiet I was thinking maybe they just gave him too much coffee. LOL! I dunno. I thought William looked very nice. Poor Harry looked totally outweighed by that uniform with all the stuff all over it, the huge shoulder things, etc. I don't know how to explain it. Well, okay, imagine a 10 year old boy putting on his Dad's coat & tie. The clothes are waaaay bigger than the body in them. That's how that uniform looked to me. Definitely think Harry is the more handsome of the 2. I pointed that out to Chandler who always feels like the odd-ball with his red hair. Being redheaded is NOT a bad thing!

Kate's dress. I liked it. I didn't love it. I didn't think the top half was very flattering for her. She looked sorta smallish on top to me if ya know what I mean. It reminded me of how I looked before I had my upper curves installed, when I was barely an A. It was a beautiful dress but made her look extremely under-curvy up top. The bottom part of the dress I liked better and the train was the perfect length. Loved her veil. So pretty! Cool that she wore her hair down. Now Kate's sister's dress was a huge "Wow!" for me. I thought her dress was breathtaking! I loved it. I can honestly say, tho, that I'm starting to agree with my brother and husband who have been telling me forever that there is a point where skinny can be too skinny. Gorgeous dress. My belly ached for that skinny-minnie little thing wearing it, tho. I hope she got a big slice of cake. LOL!

I thought Kate's bouquet was great, too. It was just the right size and complimented the simple elegance of her gown perfectly. I love that it looked so light and un-busy. Ya know?

Love all your choices for your floral, too! Very, very nice! Are you going with all fresh or just yours and the grooms fresh? Maybe I missed that part. LOL!

Let us all just take each day at a time and get thru the insanity these days! Ugh. I've taken to calling myself "Toasty" because my brain feels like it is. :lol:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I didn't watch the Royal Wedding live. I slept. At 7:00 a.m. when my alarm went off I laid in bed listening for Chandler to come bug me to get up but he didn't. This is our normal routine. Bossy-britches teenage sons are so much fun. This one has earned the name of "Daddy Chandler" because he carries on like he's the little daddy around here. So I got up and went to see what was wrong with him. I pushed his bedroom door open to find him propped up in bed watching t.v. He blurted out, "Don't say anything! Be quiet! I've been waiting for this for hours!!!!" I was like: Whaaaa?!?! So confused! The fly-by of the airplanes was on the t.v. He says, "It's the fly-by, Mom. I've been waiting for this part. I set my alarm and got up at 2:30 (a.m.) to watch the big wedding." Really?! Are you frickin' kiddin' me?! My 15 yro son who proclaims daily that he doesn't want to get married or have kids ever set his alarm and woke himself up at 2:30 in the stinkin' morning to watch the Royal Wedding?!?! He's so full of crap! He's got as tender a heart as anyone I've ever known! :lol: It was so surreal to hear him jabber on and on over breakfast, talking about Kate's mom and various people like he knew who all those people were. He told me all about Fergie's girls and the crazy hat. He kept calling all the hats "Lady GaGa Crap Hats". He told me all kinds of stuff about all the details including his reviews of all the fashion. It was really odd. Last night Tracey asked him what the heck he got up so early to watch the wedding for. His response: It's a historic event. I wanted to see it. Teenagers. Just when you think you got 'em pegged.... :lol:

Kids are so funny! This made me laugh because even a 15 year old boy got caught up in the hype and the fashions! I'm not really one to diss fashions but yeah what were some of those hats? I guess we just have to chalk that up to cultural differences :)

I watched the wedding last night on TLC as a re-broadcast. Randy was a trip. When they first cut to him and he was all excited the crowd was so quiet I was thinking maybe they just gave him too much coffee. LOL! I dunno. I thought William looked very nice. Poor Harry looked totally outweighed by that uniform with all the stuff all over it, the huge shoulder things, etc. I don't know how to explain it. Well, okay, imagine a 10 year old boy putting on his Dad's coat & tie. The clothes are waaaay bigger than the body in them. That's how that uniform looked to me. Definitely think Harry is the more handsome of the 2. I pointed that out to Chandler who always feels like the odd-ball with his red hair. Being redheaded is NOT a bad thing!

I thought Harry looked really handsome too! I think those boys are equally handsome now. I can't wait till Harry gets married and I hope they make as big a deal of it. I also thought Harry looked more nervous than William which was funny to me, it wasn't his wedding! I thought it was sweet though and you can tell that they're more than brothers, they're best friends.

Kate's dress. I liked it. I didn't love it. I didn't think the top half was very flattering for her. She looked sorta smallish on top to me if ya know what I mean. It reminded me of how I looked before I had my upper curves installed, when I was barely an A. It was a beautiful dress but made her look extremely under-curvy up top. The bottom part of the dress I liked better and the train was the perfect length. Loved her veil. So pretty! Cool that she wore her hair down. Now Kate's sister's dress was a huge "Wow!" for me. I thought her dress was breathtaking! I loved it. I can honestly say, tho, that I'm starting to agree with my brother and husband who have been telling me forever that there is a point where skinny can be too skinny. Gorgeous dress. My belly ached for that skinny-minnie little thing wearing it, tho. I hope she got a big slice of cake. LOL!

I really liked Kate's dress too, I think it suited her. My style is totally different and part of me wishes she had gone with a big poofy princess ball gown (like mine hehe). But I think she looked like Grace Kelly in that dress, so beautiful! I saw some of their inside-the-palace wedding photos and the dress looks even prettier in those pictures. My Mom and I were thinking she would go with something modern and slinky (like her sister wore). And BTW, I would NEVER have my bridal party in white. The bride should be the only one wearing white! I think some people who tuned in late may have thought her sister was the one getting married!

I thought Kate's bouquet was great, too. It was just the right size and complimented the simple elegance of her gown perfectly. I love that it looked so light and un-busy. Ya know?

Love all your choices for your floral, too! Very, very nice! Are you going with all fresh or just yours and the grooms fresh? Maybe I missed that part. LOL!

We're going with fresh flowers for Jason and I and we're getting silk for everyone else. It's a HUGE money saver! Unfortunately, the yellow rose balls I posted a few weeks ago are not available anymore so I have to find another vendor :(

Funny, I never even noticed her bouquet. I'll have to watch it again :) I was so busy taking in every detail of her dress, hair, and regal posture. She really looked and acted like a future Queen of England, I was so proud of her! People do not know how important posture is. One hunched shoulder can tell the world that you are not a confident person and that is not what you want on your wedding day.

I have to admit I put on my tiara while watching the wedding :hammer: Now I need to practice walking!

Let us all just take each day at a time and get thru the insanity these days! Ugh. I've taken to calling myself "Toasty" because my brain feels like it is. :lol:

Amen sister! Luckily, I got through this past week which *should* be the worst of it. I see the goal at the end and I'm working my little tail off so everything that I'm working for comes to pass. I can't wait until we're welcomed home in WDW in just 18 days!!! SQUEE!!!! :sohappy:

Keep Moving Forward!

sweetpee_1993

Kids are so funny! This made me laugh because even a 15 year old boy got caught up in the hype and the fashions! I'm not really one to diss fashions but yeah what were some of those hats? I guess we just have to chalk that up to cultural differences :)

I think it was Eugenie who had that really odd hat with the curly things. I thought Clinton Kelly was hillarious with his commentary saying it reminded him of skeeball. :lol:

I thought Harry looked really handsome too! I think those boys are equally handsome now. I can't wait till Harry gets married and I hope they make as big a deal of it. I also thought Harry looked more nervous than William which was funny to me, it wasn't his wedding! I thought it was sweet though and you can tell that they're more than brothers, they're best friends.

I know it's a new level of creepy for me but I'll just go on and say it. Harry was just smokin' hot. That crazy red hair. I have such a weakness for red hair. Ugh! Something around the eyes and that roguish smile. Oh yeah. As a redhead myself I'm pretty sure he's quite the wild ride...**coughcough**...I should shut up now........ :zipit:

I agree with you, he did seem nervous. I thought both William & Harry did. I would be, too, wearing all that stuff and knowing billions of people are looking at me. They did better than me. I prob'ly would've stood there and yacked on my brother's shoes. :lol:

I really liked Kate's dress too, I think it suited her. My style is totally different and part of me wishes she had gone with a big poofy princess ball gown (like mine hehe). But I think she looked like Grace Kelly in that dress, so beautiful! I saw some of their inside-the-palace wedding photos and the dress looks even prettier in those pictures. My Mom and I were thinking she would go with something modern and slinky (like her sister wore). And BTW, I would NEVER have my bridal party in white. The bride should be the only one wearing white! I think some people who tuned in late may have thought her sister was the one getting married!

Kate's dress was very Grace Kelly. The instant I saw it that's the first thing that popped in my mind: she went with a Grace Kelly dress. Not that Grace Kelly's dress wasn't absolute perfection because that gown is a fashion icon unto itself. As is Princess Di's in all it's over-the-top magnificence. As gorgeous as Kate's dress was, it looked too much like Grace Kelly's to me to be a stand-alone fashion icon. I'm with you, too. I was almost expecting her to wear something more on the slinky side like Pippa. Maybe she wanted to but it wasn't big enough to pull off the venue & event style/type. I, too, found it odd that she put Pippa in white. I think maybe the fact that she never really stood up next to Kate during the ceremony the way it's generally done made it sorta work. The color of Pippa's dress never really had the chance to distract the eye from bride's.

We're going with fresh flowers for Jason and I and we're getting silk for everyone else. It's a HUGE money saver! Unfortunately, the yellow rose balls I posted a few weeks ago are not available anymore so I have to find another vendor :(

Funny, I never even noticed her bouquet. I'll have to watch it again :) I was so busy taking in every detail of her dress, hair, and regal posture. She really looked and acted like a future Queen of England, I was so proud of her! People do not know how important posture is. One hunched shoulder can tell the world that you are not a confident person and that is not what you want on your wedding day.

I have to admit I put on my tiara while watching the wedding :hammer: Now I need to practice walking!

I hadn't really thought of it before but the choice to go silk isn't just a budget consideration, it's also an allergy thing. If we ever do a VR I'd have to seriously give it thought because Brian has such hyper-sensitive allergies. You don't want your wedding party (or you!) standing up at the alter blowing snot everywhere. Fortunate for me, I've always pictured a VR without a bouquet or floral. I've always pictured Tracey standing there with my boys holding my hands and escorting me. My babies (big as they are) have always been my bouquet.

Awww, you'll find something to replace those yellow balls in silk. I'm sure you'll pick something amazing!

Oh yeah! Look at Kate's bouquet again! It was so funny listening to what Randy had to say about the bouquet. He said she chose perfectly, that the size of the bouquet shouldn't be any bigger than the bride's head. I guess that's to keep chicks from going too big. He mentioned that Princess Di's bouquet was 6 lbs. Wow. That would stink to carry something that heavy.

Agreed on the posture points. Kate carried herself quite well. It must take a lot to project such confidence and calm knowing practically the whole world is looking at you or will see you in that moment. And knowing you're under the mega-microscope. If you sneeze, wobble on a heel, or falter in any way it will be known and analyzed. Geez, even their quiet comments to one another were analyzed by lip readers.

And on that note I gotta say that's one brave girl flinging herself and the rest of her life into the fishbowl.

Amen sister! Luckily, I got through this past week which *should* be the worst of it. I see the goal at the end and I'm working my little tail off so everything that I'm working for comes to pass. I can't wait until we're welcomed home in WDW in just 18 days!!! SQUEE!!!! :sohappy:

Keep Moving Forward!

Yes! Keep Moving Forward! I need to write that on a post-it and staple it to my forhead! :lol:

TiggerTime

I saved the Cinderella dress for last because it was my Mom's favorite. Keep in mind that this dress is big on me. It was a size 20W and they had it pinned but it wasn't very tight. I have one pic where the seamstress stood behind me and pulled it REALLY tight:

080.jpg

When I walked out of the dressing room in this and stood on the step, my Mom burst into tears :cry: I could feel the whole store looking at me and I wanted to cry but something was missing. Then the seamstress came behind me and pulled the dress really tight. That's when I knew it was the one! I don't remember who said it or if I heard it in my head but I heard "Are you saying yes to this dress?" and I Said Yes To The Dress!

Lovely dress.

Isn't it the best feeling when you find the 'one'?

Best wishes for a long & happy marriage.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I know it's a new level of creepy for me but I'll just go on and say it. Harry was just smokin' hot. That crazy red hair. I have such a weakness for red hair. Ugh! Something around the eyes and that roguish smile. Oh yeah. As a redhead myself I'm pretty sure he's quite the wild ride...**coughcough**...I should shut up now........ :zipit:

LOL you crack me up! I like that Harry is kind of a bad boy too :)

Kate's dress was very Grace Kelly. The instant I saw it that's the first thing that popped in my mind: she went with a Grace Kelly dress. Not that Grace Kelly's dress wasn't absolute perfection because that gown is a fashion icon unto itself. As is Princess Di's in all it's over-the-top magnificence. As gorgeous as Kate's dress was, it looked too much like Grace Kelly's to me to be a stand-alone fashion icon. I'm with you, too. I was almost expecting her to wear something more on the slinky side like Pippa. Maybe she wanted to but it wasn't big enough to pull off the venue & event style/type. I, too, found it odd that she put Pippa in white. I think maybe the fact that she never really stood up next to Kate during the ceremony the way it's generally done made it sorta work. The color of Pippa's dress never really had the chance to distract the eye from bride's.

I was thinking about you the other night hanging out with my Mom and sisters talking about Kate's dress. They thought she was "lacking in the boozie area" as well :)

Lovely dress.

Isn't it the best feeling when you find the 'one'?

Best wishes for a long & happy marriage.

Thank you so much :) I love my dress and I'm about a month away from my first fitting (I think). They said it would be about 10 weeks back in February. But since May is so incredibly busy for me, I think we'll end up going in June. But that's ok, it gives me more time to lose weight! LOL

disneylemons

You're dress is gorgeous and you will be a beautiful bride! My daughter is getting married in Oct and I really thought she would do a Disney wedding but we live too far for friends to attend so she opted out.. I think she might go there for the honeymoon but then I don't get to go to that!!!...LOL

Best Wishes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom