Confessions of a DFTW Bride To Be

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Congrats on the wedding, I can tell it's going to be beautiful :sohappy: I love weddings and have been having a blast following your planning thread.

All of the dresses are beautiful, especially the Cinderella one (it's so much a fairytale dress, perfect for your dream fairytale wedding), but #1612 and #1516 also really pop out at me for the bit of color they would add.

Thank you so much and I'm so happy that you're having fun following my planning! I was afraid this thread would be boring. I had no idea I would get this kind of response, it's very humbling :) I'm going to have to take tissues with me when i go dress shopping, I know I'm gonna be a cryer!

Bridal Portrait Sessions

We are booked for our bridal portrait sessions at MK & EPCOT a few days after the wedding and we have requested Amy. I'm SO excited!! I got the email from my wedding coordinator just now and I literally jumped on here to post about it :) Okay, back to work.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Okay here is the You Tube link to our Wedding Video. Its not the whole Wedding Video, its the highlight version. Disney provided this cool little highlight version, along with the full Wedding Video. So check it out and enjoy and let me know what you think.

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oq0bJL3Bvc

Oh wow, Tom I am speechless! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I'm totally crying right now but I'll try to get my thoughts together. First - Leah's face when she got out of the carriage and was walking down the aisle was just priceless. She looked so happy like she was floating on cloud 9! Everything about it - the ceremony, reception, and the footage of Belle with the kids was just beautiful. I LOVE that you used Chim Chim Cher-ee as the BGM! I see SO many beautiful videos on YouTube that I have to mute because they're using some crappy love song. Congrats on a job well done, your wedding was beautiful!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
We got our LOA today! I just spent the past hour or so reading it over, then we signed and faxed it back. I'm telling you, Disney really knows how to make you cry! I wasn't expecting to cry over it but it said I was getting married at WALT DISNEY WORLD all in caps! My wedding is finally here! I'm so happy :cry:

Disneykidder

Great thread. Congrats!! When my DH and I were engaged, we were back and forth on whether to have 15 people in Disney or 100 people here...all for the same amount of money. (Maybe a smidge more here) We opted for here but threw in a bunch of Disney touches (table numbers were not numbers but names of Disney characters, Disney frames of us together, cake topper of M&M, deco plate of M&M getting married with our names/dates in it, etc) but I always said I wanted a Disney wedding throughout the years. We will celebrate our 10th anniversary this summer and were going to renew in WDW but probably not going to happen now.:( I'm expecting our 3rd boy now and I don't think it will happen. Was going to renew on the beach at the Poly.

So, congrats to you for going with your dream and making it a reality. Be sure to post pics when you have the wedding. The Pavillion is beautiful!!:sohappy:

sweetpee_1993

Haha I knew everyone would go gaga over the Cinderella :) I do love that one but I'm not sure it will look good on me because I'm ...ahem...top heavy. I don't want to be all jigglin out of control on my wedding day :) I'll give it a shot though! I would love to see a picture of it on a bigger girl.

I'm pretty lucky all my family is pretty polite. I don't think I'll have any negative nellies :) I did see the episode with the twins! What about the one with the Mom & Cousin telling the girl she was fat?? That one really frosted my cookies! How dare they?? I could never be a bridal consultant.

I think we might all be biased over the Cinderella from the start because of the name. Present pictures of dresses labeled "Cinderella, #1612, #1545, etc." in a room full of Disney-holics and there's bound to be some amount of bias from the start. :lol: Don't sell yourself short, tho. You're NOT going to look bad in anything. The way the dress wraps around the front and floats away from the waist, I think my favorite design details of the Cindy are the ones that I imagine and have known to be incredibly slimming. I do know what you think you'll like and how things actually look on is two different things. With your vision for your wedding I have no doubt you'll choose nothing less than the perfect princess gown...and I **cannot wait** to see! (('Specially since HOLLY can't post dress details on her PTR thread because BRETT is snoopin'!!!)) :lol: Oooh...and keep in mind that a well-made bridal dress is built with a LOT of structure in the bodice to hold you in and maintain it's shape. Geez, if only all our clothing could be "constructed" so well!!!! :cool:

Good that you have a sweet family! At the mention of SYttD those nightmare stories popped in my mind and I was thinking "OMG! I hope she doesn't have THOSE family members!!!!" Wouldn't that just be awful?! I *do* know the episode you mentioned with the mom & sister telling the bride she was f-a-t. Ugh! I felt so horrible for her! And she totally didn't look the way they treated her. I think if I was a bridal consultant I'd have to be of the Southern variety....like on the Atlanta version of that show. Those consultants would just throw people out on their tookuses for acting so out of line. I'd be more along the lines of the iron-fisted Fairy Godmother: "What is wrong with YOU?! Take your bad attitude and nasty comments and GET OUT!" :lol:

OMG! How freakin' adorable! I have the clearest vision of you reading your LOA with tears streamin' down your cheeks! Awwww.... I think I'm gonna :cry: now.... **sniffle sniffle** Maybe someday I can read those words... :animwink:

HollyBelle

Yay for signing your LOA! The AP vouchers aren't far behind. :sohappy:

I realized you could request different character outfits, but I totally forgot about the yellow that is identical in style to the purple! I love that idea because it will make your pictures even more unique.

Have fun dress shopping! I'm so excited to hear about it. And your comments for why the Cinderella wouldn't fit you had me cracking up; although, again I have to agree with Kelly... they can totally make it fit your body perfectly.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Great thread. Congrats!! When my DH and I were engaged, we were back and forth on whether to have 15 people in Disney or 100 people here...all for the same amount of money. (Maybe a smidge more here) We opted for here but threw in a bunch of Disney touches (table numbers were not numbers but names of Disney characters, Disney frames of us together, cake topper of M&M, deco plate of M&M getting married with our names/dates in it, etc) but I always said I wanted a Disney wedding throughout the years. We will celebrate our 10th anniversary this summer and were going to renew in WDW but probably not going to happen now.:( I'm expecting our 3rd boy now and I don't think it will happen. Was going to renew on the beach at the Poly.

So, congrats to you for going with your dream and making it a reality. Be sure to post pics when you have the wedding. The Pavillion is beautiful!!:sohappy:

I feel your pain - trying to decide on having a small wedding or a large wedding is quite the hassle. On the one hand, Jason and I don't really like large gatherings but on the other hand we didn't want anyone to feel left out. Well too bad for that because if you do have a small wedding, people are going to feel left out. However, if they know you well then they know that this wedding is for you and they shouldn't care whether or not they were invited. We both come from very large families and when we decided to invite immediate family only, we knew we were going to have to answer for ourselves. I cannot tell you how many times I have explained it. I did price out a few venues here in Baltimore and it would have cost us somewhere around $20k which we could not afford. Or we could have gotten married at a state park but that just isn't us. We are going to try to have an at home reception after the wedding, probably in spring 2012 where we will show the wedding video and finished photo albums. I hope our families understand but sometimes that is just out of your control.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I think we might all be biased over the Cinderella from the start because of the name. Present pictures of dresses labeled "Cinderella, #1612, #1545, etc." in a room full of Disney-holics and there's bound to be some amount of bias from the start. :lol: Don't sell yourself short, tho. You're NOT going to look bad in anything. The way the dress wraps around the front and floats away from the waist, I think my favorite design details of the Cindy are the ones that I imagine and have known to be incredibly slimming. I do know what you think you'll like and how things actually look on is two different things. With your vision for your wedding I have no doubt you'll choose nothing less than the perfect princess gown...and I **cannot wait** to see! (('Specially since HOLLY can't post dress details on her PTR thread because BRETT is snoopin'!!!)) :lol: Oooh...and keep in mind that a well-made bridal dress is built with a LOT of structure in the bodice to hold you in and maintain it's shape. Geez, if only all our clothing could be "constructed" so well!!!! :cool:

Haha yeah Brett get outta here so Holly can post dress pics! Oh well I guess we don't have long to wait now :) It's less than a month away!!

I think my dress buying tactic is to expect the worst so I am pleasantly surprised :) I have lost a ton of weight and I feel pretty good about myself but I think that body image issues don't melt away overnight. There was one episode of SYttD that sticks out in my mind, I think the bride had lost something like 120 lbs and yet she was still upset at how she looked. I'm not that far gone but I totally understood how she felt. Part of me still sees my 5 chins ;)

OMG! How freakin' adorable! I have the clearest vision of you reading your LOA with tears streamin' down your cheeks! Awwww.... I think I'm gonna :cry: now.... **sniffle sniffle** Maybe someday I can read those words... :animwink:

Haha yeah I'm a cryer :) I've been so incredibly happy about all of the events that have happened over the past 2 years because we went through SO much while I was unemployed during the recession in 2008. We really came together during that time and after all of our hard work we are now able to get married in WDW. It is truly a dream come true. 2 years ago we couldn't even afford the $150 to stay at a hotel for my sister's wedding. We saw our savings dwindle down to nothing and that is the scariest thing I have ever been through. But we have a happy ending and I hope our story will be inspiring for those who are going through the same thing.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Yay for signing your LOA! The AP vouchers aren't far behind. :sohappy:

I realized you could request different character outfits, but I totally forgot about the yellow that is identical in style to the purple! I love that idea because it will make your pictures even more unique.

Have fun dress shopping! I'm so excited to hear about it. And your comments for why the Cinderella wouldn't fit you had me cracking up; although, again I have to agree with Kelly... they can totally make it fit your body perfectly.

I can't wait for the AP vouchers!!! We booked our SWW trip in May and we're staying at the CRB. I haven't stayed there in over 10 years, I'm excited to see what's different. CRB and POR are my favorite moderate resorts.

We discussed some of the different character outfits I've seen and I kinda wanted Jedi Mickey and Leia Minnie but Jason vetoed that idea :) He's right, they wouldn't have really fit the venue and we aren't going to have a Star Wars themed wedding. Maybe a vow renewal :)

HollyBelle

OMG! Jedi Mickey and Leia Minnie. That would be awesome if you were having some sort of Star Wars theme. But I do agree with Jason, they need to be all spiffed up in their finest, like the two of you.

I might've missed this, but where are you having your reception?

Fashionista007

Original Poster
OMG! Jedi Mickey and Leia Minnie. That would be awesome if you were having some sort of Star Wars theme. But I do agree with Jason, they need to be all spiffed up in their finest, like the two of you.

I might've missed this, but where are you having your reception?

Totally agreed :) The yellow party outfits for Mickey & Minnie fit the venue much better than Star Wars!

For Escape weddings held at the Wedding Pavilion, the Cake & Champagne celebration is at the Commander's Terrace at the Grand Floridian. My LOA specifies the itinerary is WP 12 - 1 and Commander's Terrace 1 - 1:30. I know from reading other TR's that the photographer arrives at 11:30 and I'm going to have pictures taken in the lobby of the GF but I don't want Jason to see me so they will keep us separated.

Here are some pics of the Commander's Terrace:

http://www.tazfoto.com/webhtml/commanders.htm

And more pics of our DP venue - UK Lochside (lower terrace is pics #3&4):

http://www.tazfoto.com/webhtml/commanders.htm

I have to give a shameless plug for the Passporter's Guide To Disney Weddings & Honeymoons. Best $8.95 I ever spent. It's chock full of information and it really helped me to know the prices for the DP because my wedding coordinator couldn't tell me. :sohappy:

HollyBelle

Okay, I wasn't sure if you were doing a seated reception or just the dessert party. Commander's Terrace is gorgeous! And pictures in the Grand Floridian Lobby are a must. Brett and I are actually going to hop on the monorail with our photographer after the ceremony so we can go over to the Grand for pictures. Gotta get those shots!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Okay, I wasn't sure if you were doing a seated reception or just the dessert party. Commander's Terrace is gorgeous! And pictures in the Grand Floridian Lobby are a must. Brett and I are actually going to hop on the monorail with our photographer after the ceremony so we can go over to the Grand for pictures. Gotta get those shots!

We kicked around the idea of adding a lunch after the Cake & Champagne toast but instead we are going to add heavy hors devours. We had an MOH meeting last night, my sisters are so funny - they even took notes. They said that they aren't staying that long and they want to get to the parks as much as they can. I also added an extra hour to the DP so it will be from 7:30 - 9:30 (there's no extra cost for this unless you order more food). We all agreed that will be enough activities for the day :)

I know I've said it before but I can't say it enough...I can't wait to see your pictures!! I saw your post in the "how many days..." thread, 29 to go!! You're "Almost There!" :sohappy:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I forgot to tell you, we will miss your Wedding by two days. You're getting married on the 27th and we will be arriving on the 29th.

No worries :) We're Disneymooning until Oct 2nd so we'll still be down there! Maybe we could meet up at F&W, Jason and I have never been!

Just stopping in... I just followed you on twitter! (I'm JackieWhite0922, not some random stalker haha)

Hi Jackie! Thanks for the follow :) I followed you back!

Jedi Mickey and Leia Minnie...soooo awesome!! I just said that to my hubby and his face lit up and he said the same thing. :sohappy:

Haha even though they won't be at our wedding dressed like that, we are totally going to get a picture during SWW this year :) And R2-MK too!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Gotta love kids!

So I was hanging out with my 7 year old niece the other night and we were talking about the wedding:

[Me] Guess who's coming to the wedding?? Mickey & Minnie!
[Niece] Why?
[Me] Because I invited them.
[Niece] TT Shell, you KNOW they're just people in a costume, right?

LOL gotta love it. She's the one that used to say "Snow White And The Seven Dorps".

My boss' boss brought his family into the office today and he made a point of telling his daughter to come over to my cube to see all my Disney pictures. Her face was too cute! I told her I was getting married there in September and her eyes got all wide. I love kids :)

Now I just need to get through this day and I'm off tomorrow because my Mom is coming up to stay with us for the weekend!! WooHoo!! Dress shopping on SUNDAY! :sohappy:

sweetpee_1993

I love all the excitement! So cool!

Love the comments from the little ones. Aren't they the *best*?! One of my favorite DFTW stories was a bride who was on the elevator at a resort on her way down to her ceremony with her planner person. The elevator stopped at a floor before they got to the lobby, the doors open, and there stands a family waiting to get on. The family was a mom, dad, and a little girl. The parents quickly grabbed the little girl to keep her from walking forward and getting too close. They smiled and said they'd get the next elevator. As the doors were about to close the bride looked at the little girl in time to see her mouth wide open and hear her gasp then say, "Ohhhh! A princess!!!!" I believe that would totally make my day...well...aside from the getting married part. LOL!

I just realized we may **potentially** be missing your big day by a few days, too. We've had some good turns in recent days so we booked a **potential** trip for Sept. 12 - 24 at Beach Club. Nothing set in stone but it's a daydream to work towards. But you'll be there for the big 40th celebration (I have no idea if there's official plans) which has a really incredible cool-factor in itself!

2 more sleeps 'til dress shopping!!!! WooHooo!!!! :sohappy:

:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom