Confessions of a DFTW Bride To Be

HollyBelle

YAY! I'm so happy to hear that you are satisfied with the level of service you received today. Will you still be able to post a trip report about your wedding? Oh, how I hope so!

22 sleeps!!! :sohappy: Let me know if you'd still like to meet up!

sweetpee_1993

YAY! I'm so happy to hear that you are satisfied with the level of service you received today. Will you still be able to post a trip report about your wedding? Oh, how I hope so!

I was just thinking that exact same thing! I don't wanna just come out with "So where are you getting married???"....<--who am I kidding! Of course I do! But I understand that sometimes you're not supposed to say so I shouldn't ask even tho it's kiiiiiillin' me! I hopehopehope we still get a full report with pics and all!!!! I wanna see that dreamy Cinderella dress in action! :wave:

Shelley, here's to hoping this was the last hiccup you have to have before your perfect princess day! Your quota is met! :king:

diddy_mouse

Oh YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear there was a resolution! :sohappy:

Just think....22 days and you'll be in a place that you love celebrating a wonderful moment with those closest to you. :D I can't wait to see pictures after all is said and done!

TomHendricks

Plus she has a great story to convey going forward. How she brought the might corporate giant to it's knees, the warrior princess slaying the dragon.

djpoore94

Shelley, I'm so happy for you! I hope now you can get home, put all the stress behind you and concentrate on an amazing wedding trip :sohappy:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Mickey D's? You deserve Ruth's Chris after all that stress! Sent my congrats on Twitter and send them here too. CONGRATS!!

I know right? I have simple tastes. I have a corporate credit card too so I could have eaten at a nice restaurant. They must laugh at me when I submit my expense reports. I've eaten at Mickey D's 3 times on this trip :hammer: Mickey D's is a bit different here, they have brown ketchup and it's a bit sweeter. Plus they have some different menu items but I just went with a good ol' fashioned Big Mac today. Man I wolfed that down plus a large fry. My first "real" meal in 3 days. Heh, maybe I should write to them and tell them how they comforted me during this time :)

Yes I can still post about the wedding but probably not the specific dates and times. Interestingly enough, I was satisfied but I still got an email from "Disney Store Presidential Guest Services" that they would like to speak to me regarding my dissatisfaction. Not too sure why it came from Disney Store as my issue was really with Disney Fairytale Weddings but I'm interested to see what they have to say. I scheduled a call for next week. I have to rest for a few days and wash this experience off. I'm glad that they've really stepped up though.

And yes we can still meet up as planned :) WooHoo! I'm gonna give you a big ol' hug!!

That is wonderful!! So glad things have worked out.

Thank you so much. Man I'm exhausted! I feel like Jenny in Forrest Gump, I could sleep for days.

As long as you are happy, thats what's important here.

Thanks, Tom! My Dad said the same thing! Again, thanks to you and Leah for your support :)

I was just thinking that exact same thing! I don't wanna just come out with "So where are you getting married???"....<--who am I kidding! Of course I do! But I understand that sometimes you're not supposed to say so I shouldn't ask even tho it's kiiiiiillin' me! I hopehopehope we still get a full report with pics and all!!!! I wanna see that dreamy Cinderella dress in action! :wave:

Shelley, here's to hoping this was the last hiccup you have to have before your perfect princess day! Your quota is met! :king:

Well I think I can say I'm still getting married at the Wedding Pavilion but I probably shouldn't say when. Lets just say it fell within our original travel dates so our guests are unaffected. Of course you would see it in the pictures so I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that. Ah well I don't think they mind now that we're back on good terms :)

Yes let's hope I have a safe trip home tomorrow and then I *should* be home free until we leave. No more earthquakes, hurricanes, or any other disasters please, ok God?? Or Walt?? :D

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Oh YAY!!! I'm so glad to hear there was a resolution! :sohappy:

Just think....22 days and you'll be in a place that you love celebrating a wonderful moment with those closest to you. :D I can't wait to see pictures after all is said and done!

I'm so glad to be smiling again. Tonight was the first conversation Jason and I had where we laughed and joked. It felt good to be back to almost normal. We'll be back once I'm home tomorrow. I'm totally going to burst into tears when I see him at the airport. I think people are going to wonder who those two crazies are. This has been unbelievably difficult being away from him for an entire week while this was going on. I actually just took a hot bath and cried tears of relief. I can't wait to cry tears of happiness on our wedding day!

Plus she has a great story to convey going forward. How she brought the might corporate giant to it's knees, the warrior princess slaying the dragon.

HAHA!! You know while we had both conference calls I was thinking of Prince Phillip in Sleeping Beauty battling Maleficent at the end. I like "warrior Princess" much better though :sohappy: I guess I'm more like Mulan at this point!

Shelley, I'm so happy for you! I hope now you can get home, put all the stress behind you and concentrate on an amazing wedding trip :sohappy:

I've pretty much put all the stress behind me. Vancouver is such a nice city. I can't wait to post pictures, I actually uploaded them into Photobucket already so if I get time tonight maybe I can write up a little report. I've had a great time here and would definitely come back! It's nice to be in a place where there is clean air :)

Hooray!!! :sohappy:
So glad today went much better and that you are happy with the outcome.

Thank you! This goes to show you that you do NOT have to be Bridezilla to get what you want. If you stay calm and state your case clearly, you can have a positive outcome. No one ever yelled or got nasty during any of our conversations. I was very proud of how my father, Jason, and I handled the situation and that all they both wanted was for ME to be happy. I have such a wonderful family. :sohappy:

Jessica_of_FL

Well I think I can say I'm still getting married at the Wedding Pavilion but I probably shouldn't say when. Lets just say it fell within our original travel dates so our guests are unaffected. Of course you would see it in the pictures so I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that. Ah well I don't think they mind now that we're back on good terms :)

Yea! So relieved for you and your fiance!

DiPSU224

Today's call went much better than yesterday. It definitely helped that I had that forum thread deleted because it was mentioned in today's conversation and they appreciated that I did that yesterday after it went viral. I can't divulge too many details but what came out of this was that we got the Disney customer service that we all have come to know and love. They were much more apologetic and willing to bend a little. We came to a good agreement and Jason and I are still leaving for our trip in 22 days!!!

I am absolutely exhausted and I haven't eaten in a very long time. I'm gonna get myself some Mickey D's for comfort food and then take a well deserved nap. I am SO glad I'm coming home tomorrow!!! :sohappy:

Thank you all SO much for your support. I'm sorry this happened but I'm glad it was handled to our satisfaction by DFTW.

I've kind of lost track of following this thread after life has gotten in the way, but I took a peek yesterday and couldn't believe what I was reading! My heart was breaking for you as my wedding almost had to be cancelled less than 2 weeks out due to immigration issues with my husband (long story). I remember it being the worst 3 days of my entire life. Literally unable to cry anymore, not sleeping and not eating for 3 days. While I know it isn't a life or death situation, there is still no feeling to compare what cancelling a wedding mere weeks out feels like.

I'm elated to hear things have worked out and I wish you all the best in the upcoming days before the big day! :sohappy:

P.S. I haven't been able to go back too many pages in the thread, but why are the relocated/rescheduled brides not allowed to give details or show pictures of their new wedding locations?

Computer Magic

This is awful. but glad it ended well It shouldn't have come to this:(

I hope they go back and treat the others that were affected.

Well since you two survived this, the rest of your marriage will be easy :)

plaz10

Ok so glad that things worked out for the best!

I was straight up swearing at my computer in my office and my jaw was dropping reading the details of the whole construction debacle. Luckily I was a few days behind so the happy ending was just a few clicks away. But still -kudos to you for not going crazy bridezilla and tearing them a new A-hole (as they so deserved!) and handling the whole ordeal with class. Yay!

So excited for the wedding TR!

figmentmom

I'm so glad things look better for you, but I have to say this - you have been MORE than gracious in dealing with Disney!!! They owe you quite a bit, and I hope they have worked things out to your satisfaction.

TomHendricks

P.S. I haven't been able to go back too many pages in the thread, but why are the relocated/rescheduled brides not allowed to give details or show pictures of their new wedding locations?

without any real knowledge of why, I will hazard a guess and say that Disney made a significant compromise that they don't want to get out to others who will be getting married there.

Now we can speculate what this is. From a complete stoppage of work during their ceremony. A SIGNIFICANT upgrade in location or a better day and time choice.

All we really need to know is that she is happy. She will post afterwards and let us know. We will be at WDW just after her original wedding date and really hope to run into them so we can congratulate them in person.

sweetpee_1993

I was straight up swearing at my computer in my office and my jaw was dropping reading the details of the whole construction debacle. Luckily I was a few days behind so the happy ending was just a few clicks away. But still -kudos to you for not going crazy bridezilla and tearing them a new A-hole (as they so deserved!) and handling the whole ordeal with class. Yay!

I know, right??? When I read the breaking news I had been having a bad afternoon already. I was kinda surprised at myself actually having tears roll over someone else's wedding. I'm emotional but not like that. I never cry at weddings or anything. I didn't even have a big wedding so no clue what that stress is like. My heart was just broken for her because I already knew this was her dream. That's what it boiled down to for me: someone's dream. I don't have to know the person or have a clue about weddings to understand that.

I'm so glad things look better for you, but I have to say this - you have been MORE than gracious in dealing with Disney!!! They owe you quite a bit, and I hope they have worked things out to your satisfaction.

I'm absolutely sure that the graciousness and poise that Shelley displayed thru all that is worth it's weight in good karma for the days to come. What a cool-as-a-cucumber woman to keep her wits about her like that and handle the unthinkable. Definitely the stuff of a great woman. :animwink:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I know, right??? When I read the breaking news I had been having a bad afternoon already. I was kinda surprised at myself actually having tears roll over someone else's wedding. I'm emotional but not like that. I never cry at weddings or anything. I didn't even have a big wedding so no clue what that stress is like. My heart was just broken for her because I already knew this was her dream. That's what it boiled down to for me: someone's dream. I don't have to know the person or have a clue about weddings to understand that.

I'm absolutely sure that the graciousness and poise that Shelley displayed thru all that is worth it's weight in good karma for the days to come. What a cool-as-a-cucumber woman to keep her wits about her like that and handle the unthinkable. Definitely the stuff of a great woman. :animwink:

Aww Kelly this made me cry!! You are SO SWEET! I'm so overemotional right now anyway because I'm SO relieved and I'm sitting here watching iCarly thinking "Just leave it all to me...". You have to give it up to Jason too for not yelling at anyone during the calls. Plus when they brought up my viral forum thread, he jumped right in and told them I already had it deleted. They didn't bring it up in a nasty way, btw, just conversationally. But he swooped right in and defended me, it was really sweet. I'm SO happy my story has a happy ending :sohappy:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Sorry last post was out of order....

Yea! So relieved for you and your fiance!

We are too and I'm so unbelievably exhausted that I slept ALL DAY LOL :sohappy: We're looking forward to a weekend of doing absolutely nothing but relaxing!!

I've kind of lost track of following this thread after life has gotten in the way, but I took a peek yesterday and couldn't believe what I was reading! My heart was breaking for you as my wedding almost had to be cancelled less than 2 weeks out due to immigration issues with my husband (long story). I remember it being the worst 3 days of my entire life. Literally unable to cry anymore, not sleeping and not eating for 3 days. While I know it isn't a life or death situation, there is still no feeling to compare what cancelling a wedding mere weeks out feels like.

I'm elated to hear things have worked out and I wish you all the best in the upcoming days before the big day! :sohappy:

Oh my goodness I can't even imagine what dealing with immigration issues so close to the wedding was like. I hope it worked out for you (sounds like it did?) and that your wedding was everything you wanted!

We can't give details on everything we worked out with Disney Fairytale Wedding because there's a confidentiality agreement in our contract. That's actually why I had the other thread deleted and I did it before they asked me because I figured it probably broke some confidentiality agreement somewhere. I also went back through this thread and edited some of my comments. All of this without them asking which they appreciated during our final negotiation. So it was definitely the best decision, phew!

This is awful. but glad it ended well It shouldn't have come to this:(

I hope they go back and treat the others that were affected.

Well since you two survived this, the rest of your marriage will be easy :)

Thank you so much for your support :) Jason and I have survived much more than this over our 5 years together and it has definitely set the foundation for a rock solid marriage! I can't believe we're getting married in 3 weeks!!! SQUEE :sohappy:

Aww thank you for the compliment! I'm really glad everything was handled cordially, I was very stern with them but no one ever yelled and believe me that took restraint from all 3 of us on the call! But at the end of the day we got what we paid for and we are still going to have our Fairytale Ending :) I can't wait to post the TR and we're also going to put our wedding video on YouTube.

I compare this situation to having a big fight with a family member. Disney is such a huge part of our lives that we didn't want this to be ugly. We didn't want to hate Disney when this is said and done. What's important is that our concerns and complaints were heard and dealt with to our satisfaction. So we forgave them for everything and we will proceed with our magical wedding and honeymoon!

without any real knowledge of why, I will hazard a guess and say that Disney made a significant compromise that they don't want to get out to others who will be getting married there.

Now we can speculate what this is. From a complete stoppage of work during their ceremony. A SIGNIFICANT upgrade in location or a better day and time choice.

All we really need to know is that she is happy. She will post afterwards and let us know. We will be at WDW just after her original wedding date and really hope to run into them so we can congratulate them in person.

Tom, you are too smart :) You've also been through a Disney wedding before so you know the contracts you have to sign, etc. Each situation is different so they don't want people to think "well if she got that, I want this..." But rest assured if something goes wrong, they will step up and fix it. It may take some time but they will fix it :)

We would love to meet up with you and Leah, Tom! I generally tweet wherever I am daily and you can bet we'll be at EPCOT for Food & Wine. We've been looking at the menus and we're SO excited. We already picked some foods we can't share because we would fight over them :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom