Confessions of a DFTW Bride To Be

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Now We Can Laugh About It

Yesterday I traveled all day from Vancouver to Chicago and Chicago to Baltimore. I was so overtired that I couldn't even cry when I saw Jason standing there waiting for me right outside of security.

We stopped at Wendy's on our way home because I was starving and had a hankering for a homestyle chicken sandwich. So we paid and drove on through. At the pick up window, the girl apologized and said they didn't have anymore homestyle chicken but asked if I wanted spicy or grilled instead? I like spicy too so I opted for that. Then the manager came over and said that because we didn't get what we paid for, she was going to give us a large frosty for free. HAHA! The irony was more than we could bear and we got a really good laugh out of it on the way home :hammer:

TomHendricks

We would love to meet up with you and Leah, Tom! I generally tweet wherever I am daily and you can bet we'll be at EPCOT for Food & Wine. We've been looking at the menus and we're SO excited. We already picked some foods we can't share because we would fight over them :)

I will keep an eye out on Twitter as to which park you are out. You will be wearing your wedding ears the entire time right?

harveyt0206

Hi Shelley, I haven't been on the boards as much lately but I just heard about your unfortunate situation today and just wanted you to know that you and your fiancé are in my thoughts and prayers. I am happy that Disney offered you an option to still accommodate your travel dates. I will be following you on Twitter to vicariously enjoy your special day. I sincerely hope that your wedding is as beautiful and magical as you have dreamed and I commend you for keeping a positive attitude and not allowing this circumstance ruin your love of Disney. Blessings to you both.

Tracy

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I will keep an eye out on Twitter as to which park you are out. You will be wearing your wedding ears the entire time right?

Oh yeah, we'll be wearing them!! I can't wait for Food & Wine, we're looking forward to eating our way around WS :)

Hi Shelley, I haven't been on the boards as much lately but I just heard about your unfortunate situation today and just wanted you to know that you and your fiancé are in my thoughts and prayers. I am happy that Disney offered you an option to still accommodate your travel dates. I will be following you on Twitter to vicariously enjoy your special day. I sincerely hope that your wedding is as beautiful and magical as you have dreamed and I commend you for keeping a positive attitude and not allowing this circumstance ruin your love of Disney. Blessings to you both.

Tracy

Thank you so much, Tracy :) It was difficult for us to forgive Disney but in the end it takes much more effort to frown than it does to smile. What they have done for us has gone above our expectations and we're happy with the result. We cannot wait for our magical wedding, we leave in just 18 DAYS :sohappy:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
FairytaleWeddingSham...er...Store.com

I finally got the products from FairytaleWeddingStore.com today. That only took 10 weeks. Ridiculous. I was hopeful that they would be good quality but of course they're not.

We are not planning to use the altar candle set. It looks like they bought a candle set at the dollar store and slapped Mickey onto it. In the picture on the website the candles have both Mickey and Minnie. They have a no refund or exchanges policy so I knew what I was getting into. I wouldn't even want to regift them at Christmas, that's how cheap they look and feel. The candles don't even sit straight, I had to bend them to get them this good:

9c861ae5.jpg

97881b6a.jpg

I was going to post the two altar candle sets and let you guys choose which one we used but once I opened my backup I knew it was the one. It's less than half the price of the above Mickey set and it's made of very nice heavy resin. The paint looks nice and I really like the glitter. Plus they are straight :hammer:

6fcd0964.jpg

8122cbd7.jpg

04b81029.jpg

I also ordered 2 Mickey shaped flower girl baskets for $49.99 each. Basically they are cheap baskets that you can get at Claire's with 2 cardboard Mickeys attached and some glitter. Not sure what my sisters are going to do with them after since you have to prop them up for them to sit straight. I think we'll still use them but only because of the no refund thing.

002e2a56.jpg

We did also order Disney Sweet Tarts from them which were fine. We finished our wedding favors today and I'm getting stuff together because I have to ship everything to the Grand Floridian on Monday!!! I'm also shipping some dresses and suits to Carolyn Allen's for steaming :sohappy: This week is basically finishing up odds and ends and after everything is shipped, we play the waiting game :hammer:

PartOfYourWorld

The carriage and horses set is beautiful!!!! And it goes perfectly well with the Wedding Pavillion!!! It's getting so much closer!!!! I bet you are getting very anxious! And I saw on your twitter this morning you weren't feeling well so I hope you feel better sooon!!!! :D

Fashionista007

Original Poster
The carriage and horses set is beautiful!!!! And it goes perfectly well with the Wedding Pavillion!!! It's getting so much closer!!!! I bet you are getting very anxious! And I saw on your twitter this morning you weren't feeling well so I hope you feel better sooon!!!! :D

Thanks Jess :) I don't really think that people will remember the altar candle set from my wedding but it's important enough to me to just use the backup set I bought. The horse and carriage set is SO much prettier. The other set as I said before does not sit straight so I was worried about wax drippage all over the altar. Yay Amazon.com!

Last night we had our last "family night" before the wedding. Everything is in order and I put together the box to send to the Grand Floridian containing the favors, bubbles, flowers, etc. I'm not too sure where to get a box for my dress to send to Carolyn Allen's? Imma have to get a BIG BOX! LOL :) Shipping day is Monday! :sohappy:

Ugh I have a horrible sinus infection and thank you for hoping I feel better :) I'm pretty sure this has happened every single time I've flown somewhere on a plane, even Orlando. It always happens when I come home (which is a good thing). My immune system stinks! Luckily I usually get over it quickly so I'm sure I'll be fine in a few days but for now...back to bed :)

TomHendricks

Do not ship your dress! You should take it on the plane with you. What are you going to do if it is lost? Now my wife is extreme and bought a seat for her dress on the way to Orlando, you don't need to do that much. What you do is talk with the gate people and tell them you have your wedding dress with you. Also talk with the Flight Attendant, you can get a whole overhead bin to yourself.

I'm not too sure where to get a box for my dress to send to Carolyn Allen's? Imma have to get a BIG BOX! LOL :) Shipping day is Monday! :sohappy:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Do not ship your dress! You should take it on the plane with you. What are you going to do if it is lost? Now my wife is extreme and bought a seat for her dress on the way to Orlando, you don't need to do that much. What you do is talk with the gate people and tell them you have your wedding dress with you. Also talk with the Flight Attendant, you can get a whole overhead bin to yourself.

Actually most brides do ship their dresses for destination weddings. Carolyn Allen's has a service where you ship your dress to them then they steam it and deliver it to your hotel the day of the wedding. As long as you get a tracking number and delivery confirmation, it's fine. Carolyn Allen's even sends you a confirmation email when the dress is received. I'm just the kind of girl that likes having things done for me :)

PartOfYourWorld

Thanks Jess :) I don't really think that people will remember the altar candle set from my wedding but it's important enough to me to just use the backup set I bought. The horse and carriage set is SO much prettier. The other set as I said before does not sit straight so I was worried about wax drippage all over the altar. Yay Amazon.com!

Last night we had our last "family night" before the wedding. Everything is in order and I put together the box to send to the Grand Floridian containing the favors, bubbles, flowers, etc. I'm not too sure where to get a box for my dress to send to Carolyn Allen's? Imma have to get a BIG BOX! LOL :) Shipping day is Monday! :sohappy:

Ugh I have a horrible sinus infection and thank you for hoping I feel better :) I'm pretty sure this has happened every single time I've flown somewhere on a plane, even Orlando. It always happens when I come home (which is a good thing). My immune system stinks! Luckily I usually get over it quickly so I'm sure I'll be fine in a few days but for now...back to bed :)

At least if no one else notices it you'll know that you had the set you wanted there :) And I agree: yay Amazon.com! That website is one of my best friends.

I bet everyone from your families are getting excited as well!!! Hmmm good luck with finding a big box. You have to let me know how that goes, because I'm trying to think of where you could find a huge box to ship down and I'm at a loss. And I think that's really good that you can ship your dress down. I think I'd rather have it sent than trying to lug it on an airplane.

Ugh, those are the worst :( Hope this one blows over quick like you said! Lots of Vitamin C, water, and rest!

startours

enjoyed reading about your entire planning quest

My finance and I were almost doing a Disney wedding, but opted for a wedding in her home down also this September this 17th specifically, but we are doing a Disney honeymoon and eastern caribbean cruise package, I am very excited for you that Disney pulled through and things are working out!!!
Cheers and good luck

Fashionista007

Original Poster
At least if no one else notices it you'll know that you had the set you wanted there :) And I agree: yay Amazon.com! That website is one of my best friends.

I bet everyone from your families are getting excited as well!!! Hmmm good luck with finding a big box. You have to let me know how that goes, because I'm trying to think of where you could find a huge box to ship down and I'm at a loss. And I think that's really good that you can ship your dress down. I think I'd rather have it sent than trying to lug it on an airplane.

Ugh, those are the worst :( Hope this one blows over quick like you said! Lots of Vitamin C, water, and rest!

Thanks, Jess :) We are all very excited right now! My Mom is absolutely giddy. She loves WDW just as much as I do and she has not been since our trip back in 2009. I cannot wait until everything is shipped, then everything is finished and I can finally relax!!! WooHoo :sohappy:

My finance and I were almost doing a Disney wedding, but opted for a wedding in her home down also this September this 17th specifically, but we are doing a Disney honeymoon and eastern caribbean cruise package, I am very excited for you that Disney pulled through and things are working out!!!
Cheers and good luck

Thank you so much! I LOVE seeing new members join and post comments on my wedding planning journal. Welcome to WDWMagic! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding, I hope it is everything you want it to be :) Have fun on your cruise! I've actually never been on a cruise before but we are booked on the Disney Dream in November 2012 :sohappy:

PartOfYourWorld

Thanks, Jess :) We are all very excited right now! My Mom is absolutely giddy. She loves WDW just as much as I do and she has not been since our trip back in 2009. I cannot wait until everything is shipped, then everything is finished and I can finally relax!!! WooHoo :sohappy:

Relaxation will be here before you know it! :sohappy:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Relaxation will be here before you know it! :sohappy:

Sister, I need it!! I have a project that is due at work the week before we leave. The pressure is on to deliver :hammer: I'm working on a Saturday (and probably tomorrow too) just to meet deadlines. But there is always a silver lining and I know that when I work hard, I play even harder and more importantly I appreciate vacation time that much more :hammer:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
More Drama with FairyTaleWeddingStore.com

I decided to email FairyTaleWeddingStore.com just to see if they would be willing to refund my money if I ship the products back and pay for shipping. I thought that was a completely reasonable request. What I got in return was shocking. They sent me a very rude email and did not own up to any fault on their part. It was the rudeness that shocked me. They also stated that their website says that it takes 1 - 2 weeks for processing and 2 weeks for shipping. Um, that doesn't explain why my order took 10 weeks! I went ahead and submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. Just another one to add to their pile I guess. They have 8 other unresolved complaints. I'm not sure if this will do anything but I can't just sit back and let them take people's money.

The moral of the story is...always check out websites on the Better Business Bureau before you order. Especially online. A hard lesson learned :fork:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Pictures From Vancouver

I finally got around to uploading my pictures from Vancouver! I can't believe I never went to see the Olympic Torch. I was literally around the corner from it. Oh well, next time!

I highly suggest everyone visit Vancouver at least once. The people there were...wait for it...nicer than Disney people!!!! I mean it, it was like being on another planet. Complete strangers in my hotel would say good morning in the elevator. Pedestrians stopped to let cars have the right of way. Smiling faces everywhere in a bustling metropolis. I felt like I was in a movie!

At the airport I got to go through this thing called customs. It was my first time so when they saw my clean passport, I got right through!

024.jpg

Some of the spectacular views from my hotel room on the 26th floor!

027.jpg

028.jpg

MMM I love me some room service :) (I ordered room service 4 times on this trip hehe)

038.jpg

Some night views from my hotel

041.jpg

042.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
And now we come to the main event, the day I visited Whistler Olympic Park! It was a 2 hour drive from Vancouver and it was the most perfect day ever. I'll let the pictures tell the story!

I had to take a picture of this at a stop light, the Princess Market! :D

001-1.jpg

This one is for you couture fans, a real Louis Vuitton store!

002.jpg

And now the ride of my life! I was totally listening to the Canada song from EPCOT :) I should preface this by saying I didn't take my eyes off the road. I just had one hand free to snap these random pictures. I wish I had Jason with me so one of us could have taken real pictures, but these are good enough!

005.jpg

008.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

022-1.jpg

020.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I stopped over in a quiet little tucked away town and this was across the street from the gas station:

021-1.jpg

Then I walked around Whistler for 2 hours! I could almost hear the cow bells and crowds cheering. Ah, good times. That was a good olympics!

025-1.jpg

026-1.jpg

027-1.jpg

028-1.jpg

029-1.jpg

030-1.jpg

031-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

036-1.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
The last night I was there I went to Canada Place and had dinner with some colleagues. It was completely awesome!

067.jpg

068.jpg

066.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

072.jpg

And that wraps up one of the greatest trips of my life (well besides the wedding debacle part). Everybody sing with me! Canada, Canadaaaaaaaaaa, my Canada, you're a lifetime of wonder on this planet earth!

I can't wait to go to EPCOT in 2 weeks so I can go watch the movie in the Canada Pavilion. We also have ADRs at Le Cellier and neither of us has eaten there before! 14 days people!!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom