Confessions of a DFTW Bride To Be

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Ugh, my debit card was stolen (I'm guessing from the Playstation Network Breach that happened recently) and there is some charge to an Indian marriage/dating site on my account plus an international service charge. Luckily, I have a good record with my bank so they reversed the transaction, cut the card off, and are sending me a replacement. But seriously this is NOT what I need right now while planning a wedding! I wouldn't care so much if it were my credit card, but my debit card?? :eek:

PartOfYourWorld

Thanks for your input, I really appreciate it! I think what I'll do is show all of the pictures to Patricia LeJeune and she can decide what's best for my hair type. I have very thick long hair but it does hold curl. I just need to make sure whatever she does stays all day!

Yes to us the fact that people have not booked yet is completely foreign. I put in my last newsletter in big bold letters "IT'S LESS THAN THREE MONTHS AWAY!!" I can only hope they get the hint. I'm still holding out hope that everyone will get back to me by Aug 1st so I don't have to hunt them down.

Of course! Glad to see everyone else that has commented liked the same ones :)

And I'll be crossing my fingers for you that everyone does!

Ugh, my debit card was stolen (I'm guessing from the Playstation Network Breach that happened recently) and there is some charge to an Indian marriage/dating site on my account plus an international service charge. Luckily, I have a good record with my bank so they reversed the transaction, cut the card off, and are sending me a replacement. But seriously this is NOT what I need right now while planning a wedding! I wouldn't care so much if it were my credit card, but my debit card?? :eek:

That's not fun at all. I'm glad though that the bank was able to reverse it!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
That's not fun at all. I'm glad though that the bank was able to reverse it!

Yes this is the first time I've had any identity theft issues. I guess I should pat myself on the back, a few years ago when I was unemployed no one wanted to be me :)

Relaxed Yet?

I just called and made my spa appointments for my French Manicure at GF and the Couples Aromatherapy Massage at SSR :) I was put on hold at SSR for awhile and the hold music was There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow. I could have sat on hold all friggin day and not cared! I wish my bank would have Disney music - or any call center for that matter. It's going to be a Great Big Beautiful Day!

Jason and I are also going to try to sell one of our cars later today to get some wedding money. It's actually a good time to sell it, it's paid off and getting a bit old. We want to sell it while it's still worth something! Wish us luck :) Depending on the outcome of this, I may be finalizing my BEO....tonight!!! LOL I'm crazy :hammer:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Finalizing the BEO!

The price we were offered for the car will allow us to have both characters and bridal portrait sessions! It was still a pretty low price though so we're going to see if we can find a private party to sell to first. I figure we have about a month for all of this to come together :) The crazy things people do for weddings...sheesh!

With this new information I can move forward with my hair appointments and dress steaming now that I know I will need both twice - once for the wedding day and once for the bridal portrait sessions. I'm wondering if I should get the dress cleaned or just steamed after the wedding for the bridal portrait sessions? What do people do for bridal portrait sessions?

I'm so excited!!! :ROFLOL:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
A Nice Surprise

Today I received a nice surprise in the mail - my travel agent from MouseFan Travel sent me the Disney Fairytale Weddings CD! She attached a lovely hand written note too, it made me all misty. I actually did not already have a copy of it and I'm so excited to give it a listen! My experience with MouseFan travel has been nothing but wonderful. They are the first travel agent I've worked with where I actually learned something about booking reservations with Disney. Anyway, if anyone needs a travel agent, I highly recommend them!

PartOfYourWorld

Finalizing the BEO!

The price we were offered for the car will allow us to have both characters and bridal portrait sessions! It was still a pretty low price though so we're going to see if we can find a private party to sell to first. I figure we have about a month for all of this to come together :) The crazy things people do for weddings...sheesh!

With this new information I can move forward with my hair appointments and dress steaming now that I know I will need both twice - once for the wedding day and once for the bridal portrait sessions. I'm wondering if I should get the dress cleaned or just steamed after the wedding for the bridal portrait sessions? What do people do for bridal portrait sessions?

I'm so excited!!! :ROFLOL:

yay!!! :sohappy: That's awesome you'll get to have both characters at your wedding now!!!!!

Ravenclaw87

Hi sweetie---

From what I've heard everyone else do, don't bother getting your wedding dress cleaned after the wedding. I don't think anyone does, and it shouldn't get THAT dirty! Also, I would even wonder if you really need to get it steamed again too--- I don't think it will wrinkle too much, and tulle isn't really a.... wrinkly fabric, you know? But, just my two cents. :)

I'm not even getting my hair and makeup done for my epcot photoshoot--- but that's mostly because I'm cheap! :ROFLOL: Some days I think I'd like to though... but then the cheapness sets in!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Fate stepped in to see us through...

Yeah I sold the car today to a very nice father buying a car for his teenage daughter. Exactly the type of person I wanted to sell to! Now the wedding is all paid for and I don't have to worry anymore! I'M HAVING A MAGICAL DAY :sohappy:

Next week is my dress fitting and I only have 4lbs to go to reach my goal weight. I probably won't reach it by then but I would only be maybe 2lbs off and that really wouldn't make much of a difference. Everything is coming together so nicely and I'm so glad because it took a heck of a lot of work! When I look back on this past year, I think...O.M.G.! It's been a hectic year, I'm looking forward to our stays at GF & SSR :)

Fashionista007

Original Poster
yay!!! :sohappy: That's awesome you'll get to have both characters at your wedding now!!!!!

I know we're SO excited!! I really didn't want just Mickey, he needs to bring a date! Plus I want to dance with Mickey and Jason can dance with Minnie. I'm so excited for the pictures :)

Hi sweetie---

From what I've heard everyone else do, don't bother getting your wedding dress cleaned after the wedding. I don't think anyone does, and it shouldn't get THAT dirty! Also, I would even wonder if you really need to get it steamed again too--- I don't think it will wrinkle too much, and tulle isn't really a.... wrinkly fabric, you know? But, just my two cents. :)

I'm not even getting my hair and makeup done for my epcot photoshoot--- but that's mostly because I'm cheap! :ROFLOL: Some days I think I'd like to though... but then the cheapness sets in!

Thank you so much for this info. I've been holding off on contacting Carolyn Allen's because I hadn't decided what to do about the portraits. I do think you are right, the tulle skirt shouldn't get wrinkled and now that I think about it any dirt will just be on the underside and not visible in any pictures. Do you know if the dress bustles? I forgot to ask my sales consultant when I picked it up but it didn't look like it had a bustle to me. Oh well minor details...I'm just excited to be able to have portrait sessions at all!

Ravenclaw87

Thank you so much for this info. I've been holding off on contacting Carolyn Allen's because I hadn't decided what to do about the portraits. I do think you are right, the tulle skirt shouldn't get wrinkled and now that I think about it any dirt will just be on the underside and not visible in any pictures. Do you know if the dress bustles? I forgot to ask my sales consultant when I picked it up but it didn't look like it had a bustle to me. Oh well minor details...I'm just excited to be able to have portrait sessions at all!

Yup, you can certainly get a bustle on the dress! I almost wish it didn't have a train at all, but what are you gonna do, right?!

PartOfYourWorld

I know we're SO excited!! I really didn't want just Mickey, he needs to bring a date! Plus I want to dance with Mickey and Jason can dance with Minnie. I'm so excited for the pictures :)

Those will make for some very nice pictures! They are going to be so cute! :sohappy: And of course you can't leave Mickey hanging!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Yup, you can certainly get a bustle on the dress! I almost wish it didn't have a train at all, but what are you gonna do, right?!

Excellent news! I'll talk to them about it when I go for my fitting next week!! I've taken to wearing my shoes and tiara around the house while I'm doing wedding planning :D

Those will make for some very nice pictures! They are going to be so cute! :sohappy: And of course you can't leave Mickey hanging!

I've seen one pose in particular I'm dying for - Mickey & Minnie touching noses & the couple touching noses behind the wedding cake with the Mickey & Minnie topper. I'm so glad I can get the archival CD with every single picture so I don't have to choose just 20. I also got the Bridal Portrait Session pictures added to it so it's a great value.

The UPS Man

So I've gotten acquainted with the friendly UPS man. He's been to our house every week since I got my new job. I've received either equipment from my job or wedding stuff. I think he'll be here every day this week because over the weekend I went ahead and ordered everything we needed! Disney shaped sweet tarts, flowers, unity candle set, bride and groom t-shirts, Jason's groom ears (my sisters bought mine for me!), etc. I can't wait to post pics of everything! I seriously cannot believe it's only 68 days away. Our marriage license info should be here soon from the Brevard Co Court House! SQUEE :sohappy:

PartOfYourWorld

I've seen one pose in particular I'm dying for - Mickey & Minnie touching noses & the couple touching noses behind the wedding cake with the Mickey & Minnie topper. I'm so glad I can get the archival CD with every single picture so I don't have to choose just 20. I also got the Bridal Portrait Session pictures added to it so it's a great value.

Awwwww that really seems like a cute picture :)
Thats awesome! And your bridal portrait session is that going to be on a different day are those the pictures in the Kingdom and EPCOT? I know you probably said previously somewhere, but my mind escapes me at the moment.

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Awwwww that really seems like a cute picture :)
Thats awesome! And your bridal portrait session is that going to be on a different day are those the pictures in the Kingdom and EPCOT? I know you probably said previously somewhere, but my mind escapes me at the moment.

I'm SO excited for the portrait sessions. We're having both MK & EPCOT on Fri 9/30, the wedding is on Tues 9/27. We decided to do it that way because trying to schedule the portraits and the wedding all in one day would have been a nightmare. For the portraits, we'll be picked up @6:15AM and Patricia LeJeune said she would be at the hotel at 4:30AM to do my hair and makeup. Then the portraits last from 6:30AM - 9:30AM. Seriously I don't know how people do it! I'm sure we'll be exhausted after the portraits alone, I can't imagine going through the ceremony and DP after that. Plus I really don't want Jason to see me in my wedding dress before those doors open at the Wedding Pavilion :)

diddy_mouse

Just caught up on your updates...I can feel your excitement through the internet! :D I'm sure you look forward to the mail everyday now.

Whew those are some early pictures! But they will have that beautiful "i''m gettin' married in the mornin'" look...sooooo pretty!

Next month is going to fly by for you and before you know it you'll be down at The World getting MARRIED!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Just caught up on your updates...I can feel your excitement through the internet! :D I'm sure you look forward to the mail everyday now.

Whew those are some early pictures! But they will have that beautiful "i''m gettin' married in the mornin'" look...sooooo pretty!

Next month is going to fly by for you and before you know it you'll be down at The World getting MARRIED!

I know it's getting SO close! The countdown is 67 today. In just one week it will be only TWO MONTHS!! I'll take pictures this weekend of all the wedding stuff I've had delivered this week. The rest of the flowers, favor jars, and personalized cake bags came so far and I'm still expecting a whole bunch of other stuff. Monday is my dress fitting at Alfred Angelo and I'm sure to have lots of pictures! My Mother, Grandmother, 2 Sisters, and 2 Nieces are coming with me :)

I'm glad to get all of this done now because in August I have 2 business trips - Philadelphia & Vancouver. Vancouver will be my first international travel experience. I had to get a passport rushed for the trip! Luckily my new boss rocks and he isn't scheduling any travel for me in September and October. So yeah, the time will fly because my schedule is packed!! :hammer:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
How A Princess Handles Stress

Last month I sent out a newsletter stating that I needed everyone's hotel info and transportation requests by Aug 1 which is next week. I still have not heard from the Father of the Groom & Co which is horrible because 3 of them are supposed to be Jason's Best Men. To make matters worse, we started trying to contact them this week and they've ignored us. We've called, emailed, and sent messages on Facebook. Yes, this is extremely stressful and it's pretty rude of them to ignore us like this. But what does a good Princess do? We hold our head high and be as classy as we can be. I have not worded anything in a mean or threatening manner. I have just said things like "We would very much like for you to come but if there is a problem and you cannot come, please let us know." The thing is, you cannot have any control over what people do so there's no point in being rude in return.

-- Princess Lessons By Shelley :hammer:

Ravenclaw87

GAHHH!!!!! I know how you feel. I've asked a BUNCH of people to think about where they're staying for the wedding... but they ignore me. When that happens, I just pretend I'm Elizabeth Bennet.

I hope they get back to you! And SOON!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
GAHHH!!!!! I know how you feel. I've asked a BUNCH of people to think about where they're staying for the wedding... but they ignore me. When that happens, I just pretend I'm Elizabeth Bennet.

I hope they get back to you! And SOON!

Aww thanks Jackie :) It feels so good to know I'm not alone! I kind of think that the issue is money. When people don't have enough money for things, they tend to make other excuses because they are embarrassed. It has to be either that or the school schedule for Jason's brothers. But, it's not like we didn't give them notice. They've had 8 months to save up and figure things out. I just wish they would communicate with us. Shutting people out is pretty rude IMO. Especially when we're trying to plan a wedding! I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst. :mad:

PartOfYourWorld

I'm SO excited for the portrait sessions. We're having both MK & EPCOT on Fri 9/30, the wedding is on Tues 9/27. We decided to do it that way because trying to schedule the portraits and the wedding all in one day would have been a nightmare. For the portraits, we'll be picked up @6:15AM and Patricia LeJeune said she would be at the hotel at 4:30AM to do my hair and makeup. Then the portraits last from 6:30AM - 9:30AM. Seriously I don't know how people do it! I'm sure we'll be exhausted after the portraits alone, I can't imagine going through the ceremony and DP after that. Plus I really don't want Jason to see me in my wedding dress before those doors open at the Wedding Pavilion :)

WOW that is early! :eek: but it will all be worth it! And of course understandable since it all has to be done before the park opens and since you don't want him to see you in that dress which I also think is very important.

And I hope that you hear from everyone SOON!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom