Confessions of a DFTW Bride To Be

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I'm glad you had a fabulous time! And if you move down there, can I come live with you too?!?!?! :)

LOL Jackie :) I'm hoping maybe once we move down there WDI will actually respond to my resume submission! I've applied to work for them so many times over the past few years...maybe a FL address will tip the scales in my favor! You're more than welcome to come visit :p

Ravenclaw87

LOL Jackie :) I'm hoping maybe once we move down there WDI will actually respond to my resume submission! I've applied to work for them so many times over the past few years...maybe a FL address will tip the scales in my favor! You're more than welcome to come visit :p

You know, I've actually heard that--- that Disney only takes people who actually live in Florida seriously! Anyway, you should totes do it. :)

Fashionista007

Original Poster
You know, I've actually heard that--- that Disney only takes people who actually live in Florida seriously! Anyway, you should totes do it. :)

We will eventually. I would totally move right now if it weren't for the wedding. Jason said he wants to wait until we're getting ready to start to have kids because by then his brothers and sister will all be in college. I'm hoping we start a trend and our families follow us down there :)

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Walt Disney World Wedding Trip Report Summary

For those of you who don’t have time/aren’t interested in trip reports, I’m posting a summary of the wedding goings-on from my recent trip to WDW last week. I’m also adding more detail about our meeting with our wedding planner at Franck’s. Enjoy!

Dessert Party Location – UK Lochside

I made an absolute beeline for UK Lochside which is where we are having our Illuminations Dessert Party the night of our wedding. I am SO happy we picked this location. It’s perfect for 20 people and I like that it’s off the beaten path a bit so it’s more private. We made good use of our GorillaPod here!

DSCN0529.jpg

DSCN0530.jpg

DSCN0531.jpg

DSCN0532.jpg

DSCN0533.jpg

DSCN0534.jpg

DSCN0535.jpg

DSCN0536.jpg

From across the bridge:

DSCN0537.jpg

I really like this location because it is off the beaten path and is pretty private. Privacy isn’t the biggest concern for me, I mean I AM going to walk around EPCOT in my wedding dress while it’s open so I’m expecting people to stare. It doesn’t bother me! But I think for my guests this location will suit our needs.

I shot a little video of the location, please to enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3jZWabx1e8

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Grand Floridian, Wedding Pavilion, Rev Kevin Knox – Officiant

We took some pictures around the Grand Floridian and Wedding Pavilion before our meeting with Rev Kevin Knox. I pretty much teared up all morning just thinking about how long I have dreampt of all of this and now it’s finally happening! We have some budget concerns to figure out but it’s happening!! SQUEE!

DSCN0615.jpg

DSCN0616.jpg

Practicing for post wedding pictures!

DSCN0617.jpg

We walked to the Wedding Pavilion and took some pictures.

DSCN0618.jpg

DSCN0619.jpg

DSCN0620.jpg

We’ll be back @ Franck’s on Monday to meet with our wedding planner!

DSCN0621.jpg

I cried when I envisioned our names on the marquee…

DSCN0622.jpg

DSCN0623.jpg

We couldn’t go in though because they were getting ready for a wedding. A wedding planner, Jessica took a picture of us on the bridge which was very nice of her.

DSCN0624.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
The King’s Speech

We made our way to the lobby a few minutes early and RevKev was already there waiting by the door. He was fantastic. I don’t think I have mentioned it on this site before but I have a stutter. The King’s Speech is one of my favorite movies and I thought it was a very accurate portrayal of what I go through on a daily basis and what I am capable of when I put my mind to it. I went to speech therapy for about 20 years and now I wear a SpeechEasy device so it’s barely noticeable and I’m pretty fluent. I’m writing about it here because it directly impacts my feelings about the wedding. I am petrified to have a problem during the ceremony. It’s a big reason we’re having an Escape wedding because I could never stand up there in front of hundreds of people and say vows. I knew I wanted it to be an intimate ceremony.

We talked about my issues with stuttering and RevKev suggested he pose the vows as a question so all I have to say is I do. He said the last thing I need is to be worried about it as I walk down the aisle and I should enjoy my special day. My Mom cried when I told her this story and I’m getting misty over it now myself. I feel completely at ease now and I can’t wait! He’s totally right, if I’m stressing over it enough to meet with him in person then we just customize it to fit our needs. We reviewed all of our options and he walked us through the day. Then he took a picture of us for his records and he suggested we go outside and take a picture next to the town car. He hugged me goodbye and shook Jason’s hand. I love him already!

DSCN0625.jpg

Wedding Pavilion Tour & Franck’s

Before our meeting with our wedding planner at Franck’s, we walked over to the WP and took some pictures. I cried! It’s so beautiful!

IMG_0341.jpg

DSCN0843.jpg

DSCN0844.jpg

DSCN0845.jpg

DSCN0846.jpg

DSCN0847.jpg

DSCN0848.jpg

DSCN0849.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
DSCN0850.jpg

DSCN0851.jpg

DSCN0852.jpg

Then we checked out the Groom’s Room:

DSCN0853.jpg

Why is there such a girly phone in here?

DSCN0854.jpg

Jason Indiana Jones

DSCN0855.jpg

One last peek!

DSCN0856.jpg

The Bride's Vestibule was locked but there was a maid there and she opened it for us. She was so sweet and was genuinely happy for us.

DSCN0857.jpg

DSCN0858.jpg

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Marina view!

DSCN0861.jpg

My wedding folder. I *think* I bought this in the mid 90’s.

DSCN0863.jpg

Sorry but this is the only shot I have of Franck’s. We only had a half hour in there and I had a ton of stuff to go over. I totally forgot to take pictures inside!

DSCN0864.jpg

We went into Franck's and met with Kathleen. I am SO glad we did this. She made wonderful suggestions for everything and worked with us to keep the cost down. We put every option that we could think of in our BEO and she will update the costs and send us a revised BEO. I had to hug her!

Our half hour session went quick and Kathleen even stayed a bit longer and it ended up being 45 minutes even though she specifically told me she would only have a half hour. She really wanted to make sure we understood everything. I had listened to an episode of Inside Disney Weddings about the meeting with your wedding planner so I knew going into it that we wanted to put in every option we might possibly want so that we could get prices and go back later and remove things. They do not have every price available for you at your meeting so what you have to do is wait for the revised BEO. We just got ours back on Friday and unfortunately we will have to cut a lot of stuff. I’m pretty sure at this point we will be cutting the Bridal Portrait sessions mainly because that is something we can do at a later date.

I created a spreadsheet where I listed our BEO costs and then the changes I would make to have this fit into our budget. I’m pleasantly surprised to see that we could actually come in UNDER budget for this event!! My original budget was $10k.

RevisedBEO05302011.jpg

Bridal Portraits

Removing the Bridal Portraits alone save us about $2k when you factor in the bouquet refresh, duplicate boutenniere, floral delivery service, dress steaming and pressing, and extra hair and makeup. We were going to have our pictures included in our photo archival disc. I’m not heartbroken over this, we can always do it in the future and we have already planned the WDW Radio Cruise on the Disney Dream in Nov 2012 so we could get Christmas MK and EPCOT shots. Plus it would give me a reason to keep the weight off!!

Florals & Unity Candle

Kathleen said we have the option to bring our own Unity candle set and I think that’s what I’m going to do. I just scoped out a really pretty set for only $59.95 that has the carriage as the unity candle: http://www.fairytaleweddingstore.com/rcProd1.asp?id=1913&c1=9

We’re also saving a bundle by doing our own silk flowers instead of fresh floral for our bridal party. Unfortunately we are not allowed to use silk flowers for the staged exit so we will either have to get fresh flowers from Disney for $2.50/person or we can bring our own bubbles. I think we may go the bubble route because it’s way cheaper and I’m not all about literally throwing away $50.

Dessert Party

Jason picked our Dessert Party Menu and he felt very important! Now he feels like he’s more a part of this whole planning process and I think that made him happy! He chose the Celebration Dessert Buffet $27/person. We added 1 hour to our dessert party and our planner automatically added additional food which made the cost $32/person but I am going to request that we stick with the $27/person pricing. This is another thing I learned from Inside Disney Weddings – they give you so much food at the DP that you do not need to extend it if you extend the venue rental time.

Here’s our menu:

Hand Dipped Vanilla Bean Ice Cream served with Root Beer & Coke
Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Assorted Homemade Cookies
Toppings: Bananas, Chocolate Sauce, Caramel Sauce, Strawberry Sauce, Oreo Crumbs, Candy Pieces, Whipped Cream, Cherries, Nuts, and Jimmies
Fresh Fruit Salad
Fruit Punch
Coffee, Decaf Coffee, Selection of Teas (hopefully Twinings since we’re @UK!)
Flavored Syrups, Sugars, Cream, and Honey

I know that you can mix and match menus but I really didn’t see anything else that we would need. Our families have pretty simple tastes so this menu of basic ice cream sundae fixins will be fantabulous!

Wrap Up

That’s it for now, I start my new job tomorrow so we’re going to wait until I get a few paychecks to figure everything out with our BEO. Plus, we have a few guests who STILL have not booked their hotels! Kathleen told me that I can add additional transportation up to 1 week before the wedding but I’m telling all my guests that I need to know where they are staying by August 1st. We’re getting down to the wire now and can you tell I’m excited?? 117 Days!!

Ravenclaw87

First off, I didn't tell you--- I listened to your podcast the other day and you are just adorable. :)

And--- YAY for coming in UNDER budget! That is FANTASTIC! And you can certainly do the bridal portraits another time; no big deal at all! (And perhaps you will get some wedding money to put towards them, right?) I am very excited for your wedding!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
First off, I didn't tell you--- I listened to your podcast the other day and you are just adorable. :)

And--- YAY for coming in UNDER budget! That is FANTASTIC! And you can certainly do the bridal portraits another time; no big deal at all! (And perhaps you will get some wedding money to put towards them, right?) I am very excited for your wedding!

Aww thanks Jackie! Funny I just got caught up on Inside Disney Weddings. Now that I work from home I can just queue up all my podcasts while I work. I listened to our episode again today :)

I'm really getting anxious about paying for the wedding. We have 3 more months until the final payment is due. We've stopped eating out and we're having frozen pizza instead of delivery...that's actually not so bad with Digorno! It's crunch time and I don't want to have to cut anything else (like characters....nooooooooooooo). I'd rather just live a simple life for the next few months than miss out on all the memories. We can do it!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
Life Happens

I am very sad to say that we had to put our beloved kitty, Duchess, to sleep on Monday :( She was 16 and she was the first pet I ever had. I got her when I was a sophmore in high school and she was with me through college (I lived at home and commuted), my first job, my 4 lay offs, and all the other hardship life threw at me in my 20's. She was definitely much more than a cat to me. RIP Duchess, we'll never forget you :cry:

iPhone115.jpg

Now that she's gone and I work from home, I'm alone all day long and it's awful. We were going to get a kitten and we found a really cute one but he has a sister and we don't want to split them up so we're trying to get them both. This means more expense which means some wedding budgeting needs to be done. Now I'm thinking we're not going to be able to have characters :( I would much rather have 2 little bundles of joy though because I can't stand being this alone all day. If we do get them, we're planning to name the boy Merlin and the girl Mad Madame Mimm :)

djpoore94

So sorry to hear about Duchess, Dave and I have been through that a couple of times and it's just awful. I still miss my Cooper and it's been three years :cry:

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I'm sorry I haven't responded in such a long time, it's been a tough few weeks. Losing my precious Duchess, starting a new job, and planning a wedding has taken its toll on me. I picked up my wedding dress last week and I was happy about it but not nearly as excited as I was last month in WDW. I need a vacation! Good thing we're doing the double digit dance now, it's just 95 days away :sohappy:

Awwww I'm sorry. <3 <3 And two little bundles are DEFINITELY more worth it than characters! You will have them for their lifetime :)

Thanks Jackie :) We did end up getting the kitties and they're totally better than characters. We may still be able to get at least Mickey. I'm trying to work it out.

So sorry to hear about Duchess, Dave and I have been through that a couple of times and it's just awful. I still miss my Cooper and it's been three years :cry:

This was the first pet loss for me and I'm still pretty depressed about it. The new kitties help but I miss my Duchess :( Unfortunately I have not been sticking to my diet, who can with all of this going on? I need to get back to jogging.

Sorry to hear about the kitty :( loosing a pet is never easy

But maybe you could dress your new bundles of joy as Mickey and Minnie at your wedding? :D

Haha, thank you this made me laugh!! I doubt the kitties would let us do that. They're pretty rambunctious!

Fashionista007

Original Poster
I'm glad I could bring out a laugh for you :)
What kind of kittens did you get??

I think they're classified as American Shorthair. Here's a picture of them asleep on top of my closet :) Mim is all black with a little patch of white on her chest and Merlin is black and white. They're adorable! I have no problem with a black cat, in the Japanese culture they're actually good luck!

cc43eb4d.jpg

I've been traveling for work this week, I'm actually in Miami bored in my hotel room right now. They've been keeping Jason company while I'm gone :)

Wedding Dress Info!

So I mentioned I picked up my wedding dress right? I really like Alfred Angelo because they didn't make me have a fitting the day I picked up my dress. They actually prefer to do fittings closer to the wedding so that you don't have to come back if your weight changes. I just scheduled my fitting for July 24! They said it takes about a month to alter the dress. I scheduled it a bit earlier because I am going to use Carolyn Allen's for shipment, cleaning, and delivery http://www.carolynallens.com/. I contacted them and I'm going to ship my dress down 2 weeks ahead of time. They'll steam it and deliver it to the Grand Floridian for me! WooHoo! After the wedding, I'll send it back to them and they'll ship it back to my house. I love making things easy on me. It's $175 for the steam and deliver and then I have to pay shipping both ways. I think it's totally worth every penny. I've heard of brides who bought extra airplane tickets for their dress and I'm not really interested in lugging it on the plane because the skirt is HUGE! Jason asked me if I'm going to look like Charlotte from The Princess and the Frog :)

Compromises Work!

Jason and I really wanted to spend our entire vacation at GF but even with the PIN code it would have been too much because our PIN code was only good through Sept 30th and we're staying through Oct 2nd. I had the foresight to book 2 trips under the PIN code before it expired in April so what we decided to do is stay at GF Sept 24 - 28 and SSR Sept 28 - Oct 2. I can't friggin wait!!! I'm totally excited to stand in the DME line for GF :) What's best about this deal is we paid 2 deposits for the full week up front so our payment in September for our room only packages will end up being less. This will help us *hopefully* be able to have Mickey at the Cake & Champagne celebration! :sohappy:

Okay I'm totally excited now and I can't believe my dream wedding is only 3 months away!! :cry:

djpoore94

I think they're classified as American Shorthair. Here's a picture of them asleep on top of my closet :) Mim is all black with a little patch of white on her chest and Merlin is black and white. They're adorable! I have no problem with a black cat, in the Japanese culture they're actually good luck!

cc43eb4d.jpg

I've been traveling for work this week, I'm actually in Miami bored in my hotel room right now. They've been keeping Jason company while I'm gone :)

Wedding Dress Info!

So I mentioned I picked up my wedding dress right? I really like Alfred Angelo because they didn't make me have a fitting the day I picked up my dress. They actually prefer to do fittings closer to the wedding so that you don't have to come back if your weight changes. I just scheduled my fitting for July 24! They said it takes about a month to alter the dress. I scheduled it a bit earlier because I am going to use Carolyn Allen's for shipment, cleaning, and delivery http://www.carolynallens.com/. I contacted them and I'm going to ship my dress down 2 weeks ahead of time. They'll steam it and deliver it to the Grand Floridian for me! WooHoo! After the wedding, I'll send it back to them and they'll ship it back to my house. I love making things easy on me. It's $175 for the steam and deliver and then I have to pay shipping both ways. I think it's totally worth every penny. I've heard of brides who bought extra airplane tickets for their dress and I'm not really interested in lugging it on the plane because the skirt is HUGE! Jason asked me if I'm going to look like Charlotte from The Princess and the Frog :)

Compromises Work!

Jason and I really wanted to spend our entire vacation at GF but even with the PIN code it would have been too much because our PIN code was only good through Sept 30th and we're staying through Oct 2nd. I had the foresight to book 2 trips under the PIN code before it expired in April so what we decided to do is stay at GF Sept 24 - 28 and SSR Sept 28 - Oct 2. I can't friggin wait!!! I'm totally excited to stand in the DME line for GF :) What's best about this deal is we paid 2 deposits for the full week up front so our payment in September for our room only packages will end up being less. This will help us *hopefully* be able to have Mickey at the Cake & Champagne celebration! :sohappy:

Okay I'm totally excited now and I can't believe my dream wedding is only 3 months away!! :cry:

The babies are adorable. I love black cats, we had a long haired black cat and my mom currently has a little short hair. I would totally love another black cat!

I hear you about standing in the DME line for GF. When we got to stay at AKL it was great to walk up that line!

The whole thing is so exciting, I can't imagine what you must be feeling :sohappy:

PartOfYourWorld

Those kitties are so adorable!!! I think black cats are beautiful so I agree with you!

And thats pretty awesome that you can get your dress sent down there! I was wondering how all of that was going to work out getting the dress down there if you were flying.

And it must be so exciting that your wedding is coming up!!! :) And that also means my trip is coming up too! Woo! :)

Ravenclaw87

Your kittens are SO cute! I think that was definitely the best decision. :D But I DO hope you get to have Mickey there too. <3

Good decision with the dress, I'm doing the same--- it's SO puffy!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom