Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

joshsprincess921

I loved Joe's version of a "Disney Proposal"! Your big smiles say it all!

Mele Kalikimaka...you've never seen National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase? If not, you must, it's a classic. I always think of that movie when I hear that song.

The Christmas parade looks awesome. One day I'll see it!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
She has set a date. It's 10/19/18, so we have awhile to go although I'm sure it'll fly by. The place they booked is amazing. It's at an Inn, but like the area she is getting married in reminds me so much of Beauty an the Beast. You walk in and there is this HUGE bookshelf with a fire place and a candelabra on the mantle. All the mirrors in the bathrooms and bridal suite is that fancy gold trim. I literally cried when we first saw it. We are in the midst of planning her engagement party for March. She wants to do a "Be Our Guest" theme, so we'll see how it turns out. She and the fiancee found a recipe for the "grey stuff" and they want to make it for the party. They did a trial run and it tasted really good, but its hard to remember if it tastes like it did at BOG. I think I need another taste of the original to compare! lol

You can definitely come in October! lol Like I said I may be doing it solo, but I feel like its a now or never kind of thing. My Dad wants my sister to go with me and she definitely wants to, but she's kind of wedding poor, so my Dad mentioned something about seeing if he could work something out. I'm not holding my breath though. Is it bad I kind of want to start a pre-trip report even though I've only got as far as checking out some rates and starting to crunch some numbers? Sort of a (pre) pre-trip report?

That's awesome! I am currently trying to find a venue and set a date and it's so hard! I am super jealous of your sister and her Beauty and the Beast luck! That sounds so romantic and beautiful!!! I would cry seeing that too! Beauty and the Beast is my second favorite Disney movie.... think I will go crazy for the live action film! The beast gets me every time! MMmm the grey stuff is delicious! But I agree, I don't remember the exact taste from oh so long ago! Think we must go back LOL

And go ahead and start your pre-pre trip report! I kind of did that last time to get information and feed back on resorts, and the Christmas party and food and wine... I think I changed my restaurants over 100 times! I will be looking forward to reading it! It will help me plan my coinciding solo trip LOL

Funny story, your Instagram feed randomly came up when I was looking for something else. I was like, hey she looks familiar! So, I followed! :oops::D:hilarious:

Haha! It was probably something Disney related! I am always liking Disney wedding photos, Disney home photos, Disney engagement photos.... I have issues LOL

OMG your engagement story was so sweet. So thoughtful!
I love you trip report, you are a great writer! You must be a teacher or something, you writing is so articulate and creative lol

I may or may not be your new Instagram stalker :cyclops:
Stalk away! LOL... I am trying to follow everyone back and place your IG name to your WDWmagic name!
I agree that my engagement was so sweet! I can't believe Joe actually though of this all on his own! It was the best! I am soooo happy!
I am sadly not a teacher, but I did win the creative writing award in the 8th grade... that counts right? LOL

LOVE all the photos of the Once Upon a Christmas parade! I must get to Disney for Christmas one year!
You have tooooo! My pictures do no do it justice. It's something you really have to experience!!! And I will come with you! :)

Really enjoyed your festive parade pictures!! That looked so colorful and cheerful--you were lucky to see it in person!
I agree! It's the best parade I have ever seen in my life! And it was so colorful and so full of childhood memories, I am still reeling over it! Glad you are enjoying the pictures because I literally did not stop taking them!

Let's not go there again - his my man - I had him first! :)
Haha! We will have to duel! :p

Congrats on the ears and I did some checking and it doesn't appear that there are any laws against wearing "Bride Ears" at a wedding so I say go for it.:inlove:
They are definitely making an appearance at my wedding! LOL... they are some sought after years, I need some beautiful photos in those baby's!

Very much enjoying your TR! Hoping you will keep going until my trip in May :p Oh and I'm following you on Instagram now too, I need more Disney friends on there!

Can I join you in May? LOL... I am trying to pump it out so I can start wedding planning.. how could I possibly plan with my report unfinished?! Ha! Glad you are reading, and May sounds like a perfect time to visit! It will be here before you know it! And I requested you back! I need all the Disney friends I can get!!!!!!!! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I loved Joe's version of a "Disney Proposal"! Your big smiles say it all!

Mele Kalikimaka...you've never seen National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase? If not, you must, it's a classic. I always think of that movie when I hear that song.

The Christmas parade looks awesome. One day I'll see it!

Thank you, I loved it too! Everything worked out in the end! :) :)
And I actually just watched that movie for the first time this holiday season! I was so excited because as the lady was undressing and they are playing this song, Joe and I kept trying to place where we had heard it! Come to realize, it was Disney! Music and smells bring back the happiest of times!
And you must see the parade in person, it's sooooooo beautiful!!!! :)

Heatherbell

Stalk away! LOL... I am trying to follow everyone back and place your IG name to your WDWmagic name!
I agree that my engagement was so sweet! I can't believe Joe actually though of this all on his own! It was the best! I am soooo happy!
I am sadly not a teacher, but I did win the creative writing award in the 8th grade... that counts right? LOL

Yes!!!! Yes it does!!! Hahaha
My Instagram name is hcolon22, but I rarely post Disney stuff.....just pictures of my kiddos and random selfies. I am headed to Disney in a few weeks though so I plan to flood my 'gram with compulsive Disney photos!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 10th

I promise this is my last parade post! I was in my own personal heaven! Here they come, here they come wooden soldiers on parade!

D1E6E7EA-D7C3-4ED1-9E86-FA197D7F00DF_zpszkxqwtod.jpg

A5F7678C-96F6-4943-8A82-1F5288D9B580_zpsuq5tcv5j.jpg

CDB4C13E-87D5-4D3D-913C-BEC025F1B900_zpsqkpbhbwn.jpg

7D515C05-507B-4A0E-A6FF-7331FA24FCA7_zpsklflhfdf.jpg

305229D8-7E8F-4CFD-A750-1ED9E04D781C_zpsumkrtpdi.jpg

F175D4D8-CD48-4F29-8CA8-89EB258DD166_zps3hp25tgy.jpg

Up next were the reindeer! You could hear everyone gasping because they knew who would be coming around next! Oooooh you know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen! Blitzen was the name of my German Shepherd dog growing up so he will always have a soft spot in my heart! I think I waved harder than anyone out there!

43C6D161-6A2B-49FD-BD39-28BD08715ADA_zpsj3cvsik7.jpg

6657E5AD-283F-4B43-AF67-7CA81D34B8EA_zpsmkaclqd7.jpg

Look at how cute! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

135A86E8-052B-43DF-9404-38C82BAD8E6C_zpsnjt7lzy3.jpg

59E7F2FA-8A8A-429D-AAA6-FCA4C166EA18_zpszvtjjtqg.jpg

P

And then came the man of the night! Santa!!! I KNOW HIM!!!!! :p

37343FD5-847A-4406-9EE1-CFE70920697C_zpsjnxfmob2.jpg

A8D85761-E9BD-4746-B206-D6B0AB3D3BAC_zpsywnskvzj.jpg

You need to always believe in magic, and in Santa Claus! There's nothing more precious than your imagination. For me, Disney and Christmas just go hand and hand. The memories of childhood innocence and immense wonder all start with the two. It was the perfect combination.

BBD7524C-25FA-41D3-A9DE-F0813ADE1342_zpsqmaxjxyr.jpg

The parade came to a close, and Joe and I sort of just stared off into the abyss. It was as if we were both dreaming, this could not be real life! The parade put us in a trance. We wandered through the shops, not wanting to leave. Why must all good things come to an end?

While we were making our way out, our Space Mountain photopass photo popped up in the app! We rode this earlier in the night, sometime between the Speedway and Buzz...

79C28E8B-95B2-4ECD-B419-4ABFCFC69294_zpstdrap2rd.jpg

I would recommend Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party to everyone and anybody. The blogs are always complaining about the prices increasing, and this and that, but truthfully, the time I had there was priceless. There is no monetary amount you could put on the amount of joy Joe and I shared. We both had such a great time, I don't think we stopped smiling all night. Some holiday seasons come and go, and you never once feel the magic. This holiday season was the best of my life. It's not what's under the tree that matters, it's who's around it. It's not the price of the trip that matters, it's who you share it with.

:)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 10th

Somewhere in the night, I met Ariel. I was so distraught, because the photos didn't show up on the app until the next morning and Joe didn't take any on my phone while I visited! Thank goodness they eventually came through, because I would have cried for the rest of my life if not!

5DE51455-BA2A-40FC-B115-D89A8AA4D45D_zpswq8wrz1w.jpg

3463CCE0-0D44-44C1-9707-C04259F6C65B_zpsqoeid83e.jpg

2D3B8413-DF06-415B-A1D2-9C883092841A_zpsnyn521ih.jpg

I am sitting abnormally close.... Ariel is probably saying back away! Get this girl away from me! LOL

E9ACEDB0-D7CA-4D6A-8ADB-F3F7DA2B05D7_zpsunvznver.jpg

If you've read my trip reports in the past, you'd know I had previously showed Ariel my nails that were painted just for her at her grotto. The very next day, I ate dinner in Norway and I swore it was the same Ariel because she made sure to grab my hands and check out my nails. And now fast forward to this November, and Ariel's looking at my nails again! Isn't it weird how certain things happen?!

B1C972C4-90D6-492F-91F7-B55D62102C9E_zpsv7zusaqx.jpg

I told Ariel that I had gotten these ears secretly because they reminded me of her fin and red hair... She loved it

0A3C172E-1247-4124-A3DC-8D4B5DFC1BC7_zps73n0orxz.jpg

She told me she had to go get a pair for herself! Christmas and little mermaid?! YES.

758669A4-5ABF-4581-B483-E1BB0A8A6EBF_zps2udcuvz8.jpg

And now the most awkward picture in the history of awkward pictures....

A2561972-A039-4771-B8D7-BC193116734C_zpspvocqja5.jpg

I love her so much!! So you think she realizes?!

These pictures also popped up the next morning....

743C101A-939B-4DE5-938D-BD63A47610A4_zpstkiwebql.jpg

0A1EBCED-AF92-4B16-A836-7148E66C1A4D_zpssygb4ysf.jpg

691E688D-3C4C-441E-9F5D-AC200A88905F_zpsx31korut.jpg

I really think they should have Photopass here at all times! They are they best! I love all my Photopass pictures so much, I don't know which to print out! Was thinking of making a Disney wall with 4 canvases, one of us in front of each park icon. Is the Tower of Terror or Chinese Theater Hollywood Studio's icon?? Should I do it in color or black and white? Should I print out every single photo and plaster them all over my house?! I AM DISNEY OBSESSED. I'm sure everyone is aware of this fact already, but should I have photographic proof to prove it?!

:p

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
You could try black and white and show some color (like just your ears and Joe's shirt for the Space Mountain pic). That would be if you go straight photos. OR you could print out one pic from each park and transfer them onto a block of wood. Check that out on Pinterest.

(Could make for interesting table settings for the wedding) ;)

coachwnh

Love the hug picture! Age is nothing at Disney. I remember a trip several years ago when a woman in her 50s was waiting with her husband to meet Cinderella. When it was her turn, she just bawled!!!!! Cinderella was so great with her. You could tell it was her dream to finally get to Disney and meet her favorite princess. It was awesome to see.

MegRuss626

Nov 10th

Somewhere in the night, I met Ariel. I was so distraught, because the photos didn't show up on the app until the next morning and Joe didn't take any on my phone while I visited! Thank goodness they eventually came through, because I would have cried for the rest of my life if not!

5DE51455-BA2A-40FC-B115-D89A8AA4D45D_zpswq8wrz1w.jpg

3463CCE0-0D44-44C1-9707-C04259F6C65B_zpsqoeid83e.jpg

2D3B8413-DF06-415B-A1D2-9C883092841A_zpsnyn521ih.jpg

I am sitting abnormally close.... Ariel is probably saying back away! Get this girl away from me! LOL

E9ACEDB0-D7CA-4D6A-8ADB-F3F7DA2B05D7_zpsunvznver.jpg

If you've read my trip reports in the past, you'd know I had previously showed Ariel my nails that were painted just for her at her grotto. The very next day, I ate dinner in Norway and I swore it was the same Ariel because she made sure to grab my hands and check out my nails. And now fast forward to this November, and Ariel's looking at my nails again! Isn't it weird how certain things happen?!

B1C972C4-90D6-492F-91F7-B55D62102C9E_zpsv7zusaqx.jpg

I told Ariel that I had gotten these ears secretly because they reminded me of her fin and red hair... She loved it

0A3C172E-1247-4124-A3DC-8D4B5DFC1BC7_zps73n0orxz.jpg

She told me she had to go get a pair for herself! Christmas and little mermaid?! YES.

758669A4-5ABF-4581-B483-E1BB0A8A6EBF_zps2udcuvz8.jpg

And now the most awkward picture in the history of awkward pictures....

A2561972-A039-4771-B8D7-BC193116734C_zpspvocqja5.jpg

I love her so much!! So you think she realizes?!

These pictures also popped up the next morning....

743C101A-939B-4DE5-938D-BD63A47610A4_zpstkiwebql.jpg

0A1EBCED-AF92-4B16-A836-7148E66C1A4D_zpssygb4ysf.jpg

691E688D-3C4C-441E-9F5D-AC200A88905F_zpsx31korut.jpg

I really think they should have Photopass here at all times! They are they best! I love all my Photopass pictures so much, I don't know which to print out! Was thinking of making a Disney wall with 4 canvases, one of us in front of each park icon. Is the Tower of Terror or Chinese Theater Hollywood Studio's icon?? Should I do it in color or black and white? Should I print out every single photo and plaster them all over my house?! I AM DISNEY OBSESSED. I'm sure everyone is aware of this fact already, but should I have photographic proof to prove it?!

:p

We are so meant to be friends, it's scary! lol Lover of the Little Mermaid since age 3....second fave is Beauty and the Beast...and I totally have a collage on my wall from our 2014 trip of my husband and I in front of the 4 park icons! (Can't help you with MGM though...the infamous hat was still up for mine!)

MerMom1981

OK. Finally finished!
I had to say congrats as soon as I saw the ring, but then I had to go back and read your engagement story--and the rest of your report.
I'm a little dizzy!

What a sweet proposal!
I experienced the same temporary deafness when my husband proposed! I knew he was speaking, but all I could hear was the blood rushing in my ears. I also had no idea if I said yes!
You'd think a girl would be better prepared for a moment she'd been dreaming of!

Congratulations again! To be newly engaged is such a special and joyful time! Enjoy it!

DonnaOnTheRocks

Can I join you in May? LOL... I am trying to pump it out so I can start wedding planning.. how could I possibly plan with my report unfinished?! Ha! Glad you are reading, and May sounds like a perfect time to visit! It will be here before you know it! And I requested you back! I need all the Disney friends I can get!!!!!!!! :)[/QUOTE]

YES, please join us! My mom won't mind lol! I'm trying to convince my husband to go again for Christmas (early December) fingers crossed! And I just planned my own wedding in September, so if you need any tips/advice/feedback, let me know! My biggest bit of advice is do NOT spend a crazy amount of money! Splurge on the photographer, DJ, and booze. The rest you won't remember lol!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Yes!!!! Yes it does!!! Hahaha
My Instagram name is hcolon22, but I rarely post Disney stuff.....just pictures of my kiddos and random selfies. I am headed to Disney in a few weeks though so I plan to flood my 'gram with compulsive Disney photos!
Ahh I better go make sure I follow you! I tried to keep my posts at one per day when I was in Disney! I tried to keep my phone on airplane mode but it was hard! Haha.. can't wait for you to go!!! Super soon!!! :) :) :)

You could try black and white and show some color (like just your ears and Joe's shirt for the Space Mountain pic). That would be if you go straight photos. OR you could print out one pic from each park and transfer them onto a block of wood. Check that out on Pinterest.

(Could make for interesting table settings for the wedding) ;)
Thank you for your ideas! I love it! I am obsessed with Pinterest at the moment so I am definitely going to check this out!

Love the hug picture! Age is nothing at Disney. I remember a trip several years ago when a woman in her 50s was waiting with her husband to meet Cinderella. When it was her turn, she just bawled!!!!! Cinderella was so great with her. You could tell it was her dream to finally get to Disney and meet her favorite princess. It was awesome to see.
I agree! Age is just a number! Everyone deserves to meet their favorite Disney character! I love watching the excitement in people's faces before they go up to hug them. Ahhhh! Such a great feeling. And such a awesome event for you to witness! I Iove that the characters treat you like you're the only one in the room with them despite your age. Ariel was wonderful! I had tears... :p

Yaaaay!
Congratulations girl!
I'm hoping the full engagement sorry is hidden in the next 10 pages...
Yes! I hope you can find it somewhere in this report! Thank you sooooooo much! I need to change my title but then it will give it all away LOL

Love the pic of you and Ariel hugging lol. Too cute:)
Thank you! I love it too... I look like a happy little kid LOL

Love the Mickey & Minnie shirt you had on in the last post.

& you can't have too many photos!
Thank you! I looked everywhere for a Christmas Mickey shirt and I stumbled upon this on eBay... I think it's from a couple years ago, buy I loved it! It matched my ears perfectly!! :)

Can I join you in May? LOL... I am trying to pump it out so I can start wedding planning.. how could I possibly plan with my report unfinished?! Ha! Glad you are reading, and May sounds like a perfect time to visit! It will be here before you know it! And I requested you back! I need all the Disney friends I can get!!!!!!!! :)

YES, please join us! My mom won't mind lol! I'm trying to convince my husband to go again for Christmas (early December) fingers crossed! And I just planned my own wedding in September, so if you need any tips/advice/feedback, let me know! My biggest bit of advice is do NOT spend a crazy amount of money! Splurge on the photographer, DJ, and booze. The rest you won't remember lol![/QUOTE]
Thank you for the advice and the offer to help! I have no idea where to start! Two of my friends got engaged earlier this year so they have been trying to give me pointers! I don't want to spend a lot of money but I do want it to be special because I keep telling Joe this will be my ONLY wedding. LOL he's stuck with this Disney freak for life! And good luck with your convincing! I think wherever we book a honeymoon I'm going to make sure I have a convenient long layover in Orlando. Muahahhah!!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 11th

Ahhh! November 11th already? Where has the time gone?! My second to last full Disney day was spent at none other than MGM. Oh wait, it's Hollywood Studios! Will I ever get used to this? Will they change the name before I do?!

It was super strange to wait until our 8th day to go to Hollywood Studios. I had originally planned it earlier in the trip but then Rock and Roll was going down for a short refurbishment and I decided to switch it until the end. That's the thing with Disney trips, each day is filled with a new and exciting game plan, that you are seriously overjoyed for every day. There's not one day I was excited for more than the other. They all had their distinguishing qualities.

33F7DD06-BE06-4BF3-8956-C3C659EAB4FF_zpsmv0r7kwm.jpg

We got to the park at rope drop, and it took about 10 minutes to get inside with bag check. Joe and I hadn't gotten a Rock and Roll fast pass due to the fast pass tiers, so we wanted to go there first.

Look at this blue sky! I felt like I was in a dome. Truman show what's up? It's truly a magical place and the sky looked too good to be true!!!

D6728287-1648-440B-9C0E-6FF1B3C0E2F7_zpsiqblmfba.jpg

We walk into the Rock and Roll area and the wait time is already 90 minutes. Ummmmm... where did all these people come from!? The park had been open for 15 minutes! Forget that I tell Joe, the wait time has to let up at some point later on in the day. We switched gears and headed back towards Tower of Terror. The wait time here was only 30 minutes. We did have a fastpass for this attraction in a little bit as well, so two TOT rides for one RnR ride I guess equals out?!

C8897EF8-9815-4561-B12E-72FDC0273144_zpsedqgrmvl.jpg

B85D8D00-39C1-45AD-A790-835E854432E9_zpsnm5by4fb.jpg

15900BA6-0652-4904-878B-F0C298419BBB_zps4srgxkzh.jpg

I love the Tower of Terror. LOVEEEEEEEE. I have the fondest memories of my first trip and riding this attraction. I feel like this attraction is so well known, that even people who've never been to Disney know exactly what it is. I remember I was sooo excited for this, because I had heard and read so much about it. (I had a book with Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen that featured them wearing T-shirts claiming "I survived the Tower of Terror.) For years I had dreamed about my own turn!

F058A767-A1C8-4213-8A94-647E35F920BF_zps8wlptxf4.jpg

On my very first trip, my best friend I rode late at night, about 5 minutes before park closing, and we were the only ones on the whole entire elevator. The CMs were messing with us so badly, and it was such a different experience to go on this all alone. It made it sooooooo creepy! But that memory has stuck with me until this day, and I cannot bear to think of ToT ever changing. I love it just how it is! I dare say it may even be my ALL TIME FAVORITE attraction. If they turn this into Guardians of the Galaxy like they are doing in California, I will cry my eyes out. I will bawl all the way to the twilight zone. DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY TOWER OF TERROR.

D31F9065-35C9-43FB-9692-621CDD1E6533_zpsbpe2smzf.jpg

06128692-7CE2-41B1-9227-6763C9733EC2_zpsl9jaex6u.jpg

Joe and I were ready for our wakeup call! The Hollywood Hotel knows just the way to wake a guest up! :p Forget wakeup call, how about a wakeup FALL!!!!!

D552F6C0-23AC-434A-A274-FE4929BAB41E_zpssfejjsae.jpg

FAACF1DE-85E0-4E4B-8757-5B0703CCCE31_zpshcuequau.jpg

The glitz and the glamour of Tinseltown in 1939... if this is what the twilight zone is like, can we stay?!

After our stomachs bounced around in an elevator shaft, it was time to reward them with food. It was maybe 9:30 when we ate this. Turkey sandwiches for breakfast? Don't mind if we do!

680D0576-00D7-41E9-AFDA-5F45C8642E25_zpsnbyzmvdh.jpg

3D88465D-95D7-44A4-AC9D-515819992090_zpsqp3z0mwt.jpg

The breakfast of champs. We got our protein, our carb, our Disney dessert....

Why do I look like I am driving a stick shift?

C9FDFDC0-3F8E-447D-AA20-17F30EB78572_zpscdteh6ys.jpg

We ate slowly, and discussed our strategy for the day. It was clear that this park was PACKED. I had never seen so many people here before! I tried not to let myself get anxious, we'd do all that we could. Thank goodness for prebooked fastpasses! :)

We headed off towards the Chinese Theater, I needed some updated Photopass pictures at this park! Everything from our 2011 trip had the hat in it. :( Although I do think it was the hat's time to go, I still sort of miss it. I feel like Hollywood Studios is having a bit of an identity crisis. Is the theater the park icon or the Tower of Terror? Will they keep the Golden Age of Hollywood themeing?
Maybe I'm just an old soul, but this was one of my favorite attributes of this park. It's like you are traveling back in time, to the creation of the American Cinema. When movies weren't constant computer effects, and Walt Disney showed everyone when he created a successful feature length animated film. Snow White, cheers to you! :)

1A03D57D-B9C7-447D-8038-5AF936323C57_zpsqohj0r2k.jpg

4669BD16-EF0B-41DA-BAF0-A4617C09ABD9_zpsjp8fzc3l.jpg

6BCB3105-EE7F-4B44-9921-0F2CFEBB9E7E_zpsaksxabdy.jpg

BEBACB96-34E7-4CEF-A055-D6994B418975_zpsmxbygfwy.jpg

The sun was sweltering, and the crowds didn't stop filing in, but that didn't matter. I was at my favorite place on earth, with my favorite person, and the day was only just beginning!

Here's looking at you, kid! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 11th

We finished our photoshoot, and headed over to our next fastpass. Toy Story Mania! Joe could not remember this ride for the life of him, and I keep telling him it was like Buzz, only better. We get in the queue and it all starts flooding back to him. He was soooo thrilled to be going on this!

F6F1DFF4-ACC3-4BE3-A519-11968CEEB4C1_zpssc7tvyql.jpg

EC519DB5-579A-4089-9EFC-B635D27D11CA_zpsvdb4szpm.jpg

I challenged him to a battle...

The CM working was funny because he told me my ears were for the wrong season. Those are the Halloween ears, he said! I told him I knew but they were simply purple and green I liked them for their colors! He laughed and said I was confusing him about which season it was... Trust me sir, I know my ears! LOL it was nice to meet a CM who can talk ears with ya! :p

D240A8AC-01FE-41E8-80B0-CB0CDE59870F_zpswzvknsc6.jpg

In the end, Joe kicked my behind! You'd think having more opportunities to ride would make me better?! Guess not! But we did get a nice forearm workout!

AFE7C0A5-2F7B-467D-91C3-78B5DC410B80_zpsen7lnrtl.jpg

After a riveting round of carnival games, I check the wait times for Rock and Roll. It was saying 40 minutes, so I told Joe we should head there next!

We get there, and the ride is down. :( No wonder the wait times were so low! At least we got these awesome pictures out of the deal!

61EA5A5F-3489-4656-931D-F8A8394F84BA_zpsd9vkn61i.jpg

The photographer told us to do the Rock and Roll hand symbol, and Joe did the hang loose one. The photographer was busting his chops so much, I am seriously cracking up about it as I type this. This pictures makes me laugh out loud. I love it so much! LOL

45F80230-161B-4497-9348-2AAACCDB4410_zpsgzdelpvs.jpg

FEA35DDA-5127-4C89-B11E-20E3D29EE17E_zpsj6cui0pp.jpg

0D37C5BB-2F98-41AD-AC73-E0E352A770EF_zpswcidsz5v.jpg

98ED6926-0CCE-473A-B667-9228B9495EA2_zpsyskhhurv.jpg

Since Rock and Roll was out, we headed off toward The Voyage of the Little Mermaid. This show is a must do for me!!!

5501E789-C196-4AE4-95E1-12EA9BF6DEE3_zpsmdjfouj6.jpg

816D02B4-4A8A-400B-ADAD-B26BAC06F4C5_zpscrnztsjm.jpg

24FAA210-022C-4685-8BAC-11F7A781389D_zpssevgawgo.jpg

Isn't she the most beautiful princess in all the land?!

C328F288-1781-4771-9297-A9A309D40B24_zps7rdlrgoz.jpg

DB30549B-23B5-41BC-9FF4-0952A4C66F3E_zpsdrascash.jpg

Flip that hair, Ariel! I have never been more jealous of someone's hair. Oh wait, now that I've seen Moana I think she might be ahead in hair envy! Hey Imagineers, hook a sista up! :)

6B6F53F9-585B-4A19-974F-E193083174CD_zpsi718nza7.jpg

After singing and clapping along with my idol, we headed BACK down Sunset Blvd. I didn't realize until writing this just how many times we walked up and down this street! Think I should have snacked more for all that walking I did :p

We had a few minutes to kill before our next ToT fastpass, so why not drink?!

C1306C27-B5E1-4294-8376-EAC60B258AA2_zpsk0zhb0v8.jpg

I got the Golden Margarita from Anaheim Produce and Joe got a Kona Longboard Island beer. Cheers!

D48F0FEF-67BB-40F9-B2EE-5E0FA5EE5DC1_zpssrqz8fax.jpg

Here's to a long life and a happy one, a quick death and an easy one. A pretty girl and an honest one, a cold beer (slash margarita!) and another one! :p

4314E725-A9CE-42D8-A5BE-EBB186A5E81E_zps9tsbhq4k.jpg

1F75DA84-B2EA-4FBF-8934-DA092C5D321B_zpsz0ms7chz.jpg

Eat a big meal before thrill rides, drink before thrill rides, I hope ya'll are taking notes on how to do Disney :p

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 11th

Our fastpass window had arrived, so off we went for our second visit to the twilight zone! One stormy night long ago, five people stepped into the door of an elevator and into a nightmare. This door is opening once again, and this time, it's opening for you!

F35DD72F-8E99-4DC9-8CE6-4E3195C257E2_zpsafitbvmk.jpg

We got front row this time! And I was able to get two arms in the air! Go me! I love the range of facial expressions in this shot, it goes from unamused to crazy screaming, to all emotions in between!

C20E457A-45CB-4805-BA15-84CDF6D2F4FB_zpska24zdxo.jpg

Rock and Roll still had over a 100 minute wait time, so we trekked back down Sunset Blvd. I was freaking out we wouldn't get to ride this trip, and Joe said we'd figure something out. It was time for the movies!

The Great Movie Ride had a 40 minute wait, but it seemed more reasonable than anything else at the moment. I don't know if because it was Friday and Veteran's day or just because it was election week in general, but the crowds this day were the heaviest we had encountered so far!

23CC544C-9593-4044-958A-9EC00C2762F3_zpsrq7ykzm1.jpg

03755620-4F2D-4BE7-87AF-20BB35D1FB0E_zpsajcvis4s.jpg

E78CC7EB-2AAD-417A-9EEE-0E7E32FFABE0_zpshnkcxxht.jpg

I may have said this in another trip report in the past, but I have a love hate relationship with the Wizard of Oz. I loved that movie, and grew up singing and dancing along with Dorothy and Toto, but I cannot help but wish Shirley Temple took the lead role as intended. I love Shirley Temple, have watched all her films growing up, and will always hold a soft spot in my heart for the curly haired- tap dancing child who made people smile during the Great Depression.

MGM originally wanted Shirley to play the role of Dorothy. Dorothy was supposed to be 12 years old; Shirley was 11 at the time. Judy Garland was older at 16 and had to hide her more adult figure with corsets while filming. I've read countless reports as to why they deal didn't go through and they all make me sad! Supposedly 20th Century Fox refused to loan out Shirley to MGM. There are talks of the studio trading her for Clark Gable and Jean Harlow, but the deal was nixed when Jean Harlow unexpectedly passed away. Whatever the case, Judy Garland was awarded the role and I should take advice from another notable film and Let It Go. :(

8B55AC4B-A6D7-4ECC-8F14-14F5DEBD03EC_zpsnbwgukx4.jpg

FF90228D-195B-43A0-BE2A-A7D907C38F71_zpsy3ldkmju.jpg

This munchkin had Joe and I giggling. We wanted to steal that lollipop!

24084652-8C62-41C2-A690-20FC830489A8_zpskprmvgc6.jpg

748C3C44-C52C-423C-810F-A826D2D4976A_zpsbztaotji.jpg

Despite my reservations about the Wizard of Oz movie, it is my favorite part of The Great Movie Ride. The set is just beautiful, it makes you feel like you are truly in the midst of the film. I can't imagine rolling through on the yellow brick road as a child, and seeing it all for the first time. It is so magical.

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high, there's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby. Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue. And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true.

Is Disney World over the rainbow?! :)

We exited and caught some Storm Troopers marching.

ED39810B-0094-4605-97A1-97874309C61E_zpsryh0mwhg.jpg

We couldn't watch for long, we had a lunch reservation to attend!

F2DF608A-54B7-43BE-B2F2-46E921D8ABFC_zpslzeni4jy.jpg

It took awhile to bob and weave through the crowds, especially with all the construction going on in this area. It was interesting to see all that's being done! I'm usually stalking construction sites from my computer, so it was awesome to see first hand! I can't wait to see MGM in a couple years. Ahhh, Hollywood Studios. Help me!!

8AAD5161-1804-44C8-991D-AB0EB59354E7_zps5tetfkxo.jpg

E69D7168-FEF5-46EF-86A2-16D8723B06EB_zpsbkya5lf4.jpg

Despite eating turkey sandwiches at 9:30 in the morning, Joe and I were starving. We kept joking that there's something in the Disney air that just makes you constantly hungry! Maybe it's just because there are so many wonderful options, and you dream about your ADR's for 180 days ahead of time. Or maybe that's just me :p

DFEC243B-64B1-46AA-A08A-B7BB20C8AA6E_zpspxc6ibld.jpg

First up was the bread, which we housed in about 1 minute flat. I am not proud.

8DEAFD0C-EC46-4198-8085-4B862155E182_zpsugfktreb.jpg

We both decided to order salads, even though I wasn't able to get the Fantasmic dinner package. Our waitress said instead of paying out of pocket for them, she was going to put us on this package. What?! YAYYYYYY!!! After months of trying to switch around my reservation, it didn't matter in the end! I thanked her immensely.

I had the mixed greens salad and Joe had the Ceasar.
1AE831C4-522B-48AF-AABF-2940B9BD3B41_zps1diyqx5o.jpg

F4DF31BD-15BD-4E92-8C2C-3395DC9183DA_zpsocekmeqg.jpg

We debated back on forth on what to order. Should we order two different meals and split them? Or should we just go with our guts?! They were the ones growling after all! :p

Thanks to @Doc Disney we both ordered the charred strip steak with five cheese macaroni. I told Joe I had seen photos of this before, and it looked amazing.

E4AB6489-AAE4-49E8-9332-52978E2FB311_zpsy502r6wq.jpg

A3E54385-968B-4938-BC81-9B54F7A3427B_zpsbhimfufd.jpg

F0433937-E153-4EEF-A1C9-FCE9C769ACE6_zpsufwhyxej.jpg

Not only did it look amazing, but it tasted amazing. MY MOUTH IS WATERING AS I TYPE. I think I have said this a lot this report, but this may have been the best meal of the trip. It was so freaking delicious. DELICOUS. I am so happy we both ended up ordering it, because I know I wouldn't have shared! It melted in your mouth, and tasted exceptional! The steak was amazing, the mac and cheese was amazing.... I thank you @Doc Disney for your wonderful trip reports, and for making me order this heavenly dish!

We stuffed ourselves silly, there was no way we could leave a bite behind! It was too good to be true! Maybe I should have titled this report "No Bite Gets Left Behind" with the amount of food we consumed. :p The buttons on my romper were about to pop open, but I couldn't stop shoving forkfuls into my face. I thought calories don't count in Disney? My clothes must have shrunk in the high altitude on the plane ;) ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom