Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Now don’t get me wrong, the rides were fun, the Harry Potter sections are AMAZING, the employees are friendly, and the food is delicious (BUTTERBEER I’M LOOKING AT YOU), but Universal is clearly not Disney. I don’t know how to accurately portray in words the differences I felt, but there is something distinct that reminds you, Universal cannot be compared to Disney.

I cannot relate to those who argue that Uni is superior. Yes, they are pumping out attractions like crazy, and yes, I love that this is driving competition and construction from both companies, but Universal and Disney are separate, distinct and unique, and I feel they cannot be compared.

I think it draws a parallel to say... DHS vs EPCOT. Some will love just wandering EPCOT soaking up the visuals or sounds.. or even find a hint of inspiration in the messages... while others may feel short given the attraction lineup. Conversely, DHS can feel completely Disney.. while others can pick on the 'lame soundstage' setup. Some things just stick out more to some in their expectation or what resonates for them.

I mean, Universal Studios feels very little like a Disney Park.. and is not really shy about it. The saddest part are where it tries to follow Disney.. like the parades and FW/lagoon stuff. That.. feels like cheap imitations. But where Uni is itself... it shines. IOA is a different beast where both the attractions and setting/staging feel like a Disney park. It's on caliber with Disney efforts, and attractions themselves are marvels.

But I think what you mentioned about the 'connection' is what Disney has nurtured and Uni has not been able to. People will be passionate and have connections/memories/history with the characters, etc.. they'll be a kid even when its long past for them. UNI hasn't been able to replicate that type of connection with the exception of Harry Potter I think. That kind of connection lets people feel 'at home' at Disney.. where other places don't feel the same. Part of that is just generational.. and the repetition that people get with the Disney product. You 'grew up with it'.

Congrats on your engagement :)

wdwfamilynh

Nov 10th

We came back to the room, showered, and got ourselves ready for Christmas! I love the Christmas season, but I am always the person who is adamant about not decorating until the day after Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is my ultimate favorite holiday and I feel sad when it gets pushed to the side! However, when in Disney with the MVMCP, you sometimes have to bend your rules a little bit! Let's celebrate the holidays!

B82670CC-131A-44BA-BA53-FF05929C3603_zpsv56fafsp.jpg

I was so happy to FINALLY have there ears. If you followed along in my pre-trip report, you will know I woke up everyday to check the app to see if they were for sale yet! Last Christmas my best friend was in Disney and these ears sold out everywhere! I was on a mission this year to get them for us both! And I had success... about 10 days before my trip they popped up on the Disney Parks app. YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!! Next to the bride ears, these were my most coveted ears! (I am obsessed and psycho and all of the above I already know :p)

A97BE5FD-8193-4775-B79D-C44E84A2495A_zpsykswjelz.jpg

We were ready quickly and arrived at the Magic Kingdom in no time! First up on our agenda was The Hall of Presidents! Joe couldn't remember if he had seen this last time, and with it being election week, we were both feeling the need for it!
6C9A528A-0B75-4502-A3C2-6BA2A866C776_zpsjgcn9psm.jpg

Everything looks so pretty dressed up for the holidays! I was in happy tears most of the night. :)
However, this is also where the saddest part of my trip occurred. Wait for it.......

We had about 15 minutes to spare before the next showing of HoP. Joe ran to get a Mickey pretzel with cheese and I told him I'd just jump in the Sleepy Hollow line for an ice cream cookie sandwich. The line was moving SO SLOWLY that I was about to jump out of my skin. And then when you got up to order, you had to move over to the second window and wait for you item, and even that window had a huge backup. I was watching the minutes tick by, and then I was next. The man in front of me of course didn't know what he wanted, and it took him about 5 minutes to figure out he was ordering 3 coffees. PEOPLE. DON'T YOU READ THE MENUS ONLINE LIKE ME?! (Sorry LOL) But as he's doing this, another lady comes up to the window asking for her money back because she doesn't want to wait any longer for her funnel cake. I had about 5 minutes to spare before the show so I figured it was a lost cause at this point. I couldn't successfully shove down a cookie sandwich in a minute. I jumped out of line and promised myself I'd be back later. I was heartbroken. That cookie sandwich is my favorite snack in all the world! Sometimes you have to weigh your options, and at this moment seeing animatronic presidents won out. :p

D9F22F89-33ED-4A6E-9E16-A2B718D7B68B_zpskeyauho7.jpg

In my reading about the secrets of Liberty Square, I came across an article that said all the shutters are hung at an angle. I had never noticed until this trip! This is due to America not receiving any metal from England during the Revolutionary War. England thought the colonials would use all the metal they shipped for bullets! Americans would strip the shutters of their metal and hang them with leather. Who knew?! After time, the leather would become stretched out and the shutters would start leaning. Isn't this fact so freaking cool? Maybe I am a history freak and little details like this excite me to the core, but you have to agree with me! The Imagineers are my heroes. Little details like these are what make Disney World so special. :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

5561B980-9CA1-44E1-BF10-72CA4CB87150_zpsghcqqlwy.jpg

I always cry in this show. I am such a sap! Do you think I'll cry when Donald Trump is speaking? I actually watched him in Home Alone 2 last night. :p How crazy to think he'll soon be in this! No debating, just crazy to think of!

We exited just as the parade was coming around the corner, perfect timing! The parade was pushed to 5 a lot this trip because of filming for the Christmas special. I didn't mind!
63C68FC0-46B4-46AD-B507-5735EEB1EBCB_zpsrlxxbwgt.jpg

C5FC1CF0-D558-4A50-8241-105D2FE2E93C_zpsalradrh6.jpg

They melt my heart with their cuteness! Even though I often dream of stealing Mickey away and running away into the sunset with him....

I love these lanterns! 13 lanterns, one for each of the original colonies. The details, I am turning into a puddle on my floor. I read in that same article about the shutters, that this oak tree was moved from somewhere else on Disney property in order to be placed in Liberty Square. It was, at the time, the largest tree they had ever moved. It looks so beautiful in it's home! See, Disney does care about trees! :p:p:p

F08B1A0D-78BB-4940-A53E-83F3AB1B0E92_zpswlp8lkp4.jpg

After the parade, we made our way to the Tiki Room. It was SOOOOOOO CROWDED. I had never maneuvered though so many people in my life! We thought Epcot was bad, MK after a parade is worse! I think I can run with the bulls now...

After our serenade with birds, we had a fastpass for Jungle Cruise!
The wait time was 60 minutes, so thank heavens for Fastpass!

AA70B417-8C77-4893-B813-C05462423185_zpsa1ygsuk5.jpg

5775B4B7-D93E-4858-AD8D-BA174A19EBA9_zpsesebxaxa.jpg

I didn't take any pictures, who am I? I think the crowds threw me off my game and I just needed to relax with the Tiki birds and our Jungle Cruise skipper. Ah, it was the Jingle Cruise! The jokes were just as corny as I remembered, and they were all themed to Christmas!

The one joke that had me busting out laughing was when our Skipper said the decorations were on the skimpy side this years thanks to Shanghai. She made our crew collectively proclaim "Thanks Shanghai!" I was dying! It reminded me so much of WDWmagic!

What to do after we cruised to the jungle? Why not eat in the jungle with our new skipper friends? Let the corny jokes continue! Skipper Canteen time!! :) :)

BC9AD751-6282-48C0-A450-9DA234C2E4EE_zpsrpxpffp4.jpg

As I was taking this picture, the Cast Member screamed out, get my good side! She's the one with her arm up in the air! The CM's here were so wonderful, I was in my element joking back and forth with them!

We were seated in less than 5 minutes, and got to behold this glorious menu. I had made this ADR, then cancelled it, then made it again, then cancelled, until finally deciding to just go for it!
586EE3A5-3889-47A9-9CC5-640234F0E429_zpsq3odsw67.jpg

FAFCEFA1-FB68-4145-BE61-6AEBED43FB87_zps80kjd0hi.jpg

AD46EE6F-6A58-4ADF-8A28-140EBEDDDAE5_zpsg3f5nsmk.jpg

3067B0B7-2252-4F30-B1B6-BD3A759D864C_zpslffhbhi7.jpg

First up was the bread, it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Is that enough "o's" to express how delish it was? I hope so! LOL :hungry::hungry::hungry:

553B8E9D-E4BF-41AF-B4CE-68914DBC8C75_zpsky6zrav4.jpg

Joe had the Char Siu Pork and I ordered the "Tastes like chicken" because it is!

23218D2E-7A26-482E-9A02-0419A804C064_zps0771bkmj.jpg

17787C82-33B5-4EEE-949C-5E40CAB909E4_zps8tslp69t.jpg

I cannot think of the correct adjectives to describe how amazing this way. It was one of my favorite meals of the entire wee. SOOOOO GOOD. If you are debating going to Skipper Canteenn- debate no more! GOOOOO!!! I think I may have even like this meal more than Be Our Guest... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

And now that they serve alcohol..... YES PLEASE. TAKE ME BACK. I AM DROOLING. DRIP DROP ALL OVER MY KEYBOARD.

For dessert, Joe had the Kungaloosh! and I had the Coconut bar with pineapple-basil compote and vanilla cream.

B146BFC9-2B00-454A-AA8E-4568BB5436DD_zpsgijl9225.jpg

8337B6CD-79A0-4EA2-9936-1BA351421CDB_zpsst7vnpvm.jpg

I liked Joe's better and kept stealing bites. He actually loved this dessert too and was trying to block my fork every time I tried to get some! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: How rude! Get the Kungaloosh! To die for!!

Our waiter was the nicest guy and I wish I caught his name. He took about 10 minutes to stand with us and tell us tips for the Christmas Party. He recommended we wait for the second parade, and ride the rides in the meantime because the first parade is usually more crowded. He told us which spots had which snacks, from eggnog to cider to hot chocolate. He pointed all over our map and really gave us helpful hints! I appreciated all his help so much! Cast members that spend time like he did are the nicest people! He was probably finishing his shift and about to leave, and instead he offered all he could. I am still so appreciative! Thank you kind sir!

We left Skipper Canteen full and happy, and ready to take on this night. Christmas time was here! Time to party!! :inlove:
First, love the holiday ears! Must get them for our next trip

Second, congrats on your engagement. Isn't it the best when you totally don't see coming?

Third, I wish we could fit in a trip to Universal just for Harry Potter Sticks when you are the only adventurous one in the family.

Last (at least for now), those food photos are making me curse my diet and pray that I reach my goal before our next trip. I'm dreaming of a Dole Whip as I look at snow outside my window. ❄️☀️

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
No, happiness is an empty box of pizza --devoured!!! :hungry:
Yes- I have to agree! Pizza in your belly is the ultimate happiness :)

Same to you!

Still loving the report
Thank you! Glad everyone is still following along! I am trying my hardest to get this finished! :)

I learned something new!! I never knew about Shirley Temple and the Wizard of Oz!! And, Momma Melrose is now on my list of must do's. That steak looked delish! :hungry:
The steak is a definite must do meal for me from now on! LOL!! :) : )And glad you learned about Shirley :) I have a collection of Shirley dolls and have always been slightly obsessed... guess all aspects of my life I love just a little too hard.. :)

Loving all the photos I always think I just about have every picture possible at Disney but I still see some from different angles that I don't have. Loved all the Christmas parade photos. I have never seen that figure in TOT before! I don't want your report to end now as I have relived our trip again by reading yours. Happy 2017 to you too, here's hoping you get another trip and a wedding fitted into it :)
The parade was beautiful, I knew you'd appreciate them with your love for parades!! :) :) And the figure can be seen if you walk by the bathrooms, I don't know if he's there during the day but at night it was really freaky! I don't want my report to end either, so now I am procrastinating..I like reliving the memories and will be super post Disney depressed when it all comes to an end! Thankfully I am so behind on reading other reports, so I can catch up with everyone else! And wedding planning seems a lot more stressful than Disney planning, wish me luck! LOL

I think I gained weight just reading this! :hilarious::hilarious:

The Old Guys at Muppet Vision are Statler and Waldorf. Watch episodes of the original Muppet Show. They're even better. ;):):cool:
I probably gained 100 pounds in Disney! I honestly don't know how we ate all that we did! And I will definitely have to check out the original muppet show, the old guys are a hoot!!! :)

Oh hooray I'm glad you liked it :) I always get nervous when I rave about things that people are going to hate them :D. I wish I could have some of that steak and mac and cheese right now!!!
It was SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD. Thank you so much for posting about it!!! Joe and I both raved about it, and still are! And now he knows who I am talking about when I tell him my Disney friend recommended it! LOL :)

haha...I do too...that pool scene goes through my mind every time!:hilarious:
Just watched it this Christmas and will never hear the song in the same way again LOL

I do this too! Love your TR! I'm a little behind but catching up.
Glad you are catching up! Can't believe I am almost done! :(

I have dreams about that Steak! Best steak I've ever eaten in my life! Only 77 days until I can eat it again!
I think I may have to agree! You have any room in your luggage? I need that steak in my life again. You think it would make it in overnight mail?! :) :)

OMG the strip steak at Mama Melrose Was my favorite meal during my last trip :hungry:! You are torturing me with the photos right now!
I am sorry! I am torturing myself writing about all this food. I want to be eating it right now, not reviewing! I am better at eating! :)

Joe loved it enough for another trip soon!? How about June SOON? :rolleyes: It's a totally reasonable request. He'll be all for it.
That Kristoff was gorgeous.. I would have been staring too. Though I do love me some Beast. :inlove: I'm not judging you. We are the same.
The Christmas party.. I just don't even have the words. I WILL GET THERE.
I am DYING at you sitting so close to Ariel.. I get so weird and awkward sometimes too and leave the meet and greet praying that I didn't freak them out too much. :hilarious:
I might steal that report title for my next one.. Sounds about right for my trips, too. ;)
If you don't eat constantly at Disney, you're not doing it right. I salute you.
I think June is a totally reasonable request, I will get on him this instant! LOL!! And I was staring a little much, I can't help that Disney characters have romantic backstories to go with their beautiful faces... And the Beast is so well loved by us WDWmagic girls, I think we may have to have a battle!!! :p
I think Ariel may have gotten a restraining order on me....
And I really think we are the same person inside.. a Disney trip together would be the ultimate Disney fanatics experience!

Loved hearing all about your DHS day and I have to say I learned a lot on this day of your TR. Lot's of interesting facts about Shirley Temple, the backstory behind Mama Melrose's, and Gertie the Dinosaur, so thanks for sharing!

Now I'm regretting that I did not have the steak at Mama Melrose's now. It'll be on my radar for the next time I go there. Something interesting that I learned about the Fantasmic Dining Package Fp's on our last trip is that they are good for I think 5 days after you receive them. So if you wind up missing Fantasmic on the night you receive them, you can attend another viewing of it within the next few nights. We got held up on TSMM and missed our entrance window, so we wound up returning the next night. I don't know if this would've done much to help you though because I know you were towards the end of your trip by this time, but good to know for the future!

My Dad can't do the rock star sign either. We took a picture in front of Rock n Roller Coaster and he wound up looking like Spiderman about to shoot webs out of his arms lol.

A little off the topic, but I know you mentioned that you aren't sure where to start with your wedding planning. I may not be married or engaged, but I'm pretty much a professional bridesmaid by now, so I guess I've learned a thing or two about wedding planning. What has worked well for my friends and family members is to start by attending some bridal expos or showcases. Not sure if they have them a lot near you, but they seem to have them every few weeks around here. It can give you an idea of what is out there and give you an opportunity to meet with several different vendors at once. I would just create a separate email account to sign up with because afterwards you will probably get a ton of emails from different vendors trying to attract your business. Anyway thats my suggestion. Hope it helps!
Glad I can share what I know / found out! So many interesting Disney facts and trivia, I get excited when I watch vlogs or read reports and learn something I had never known before! I feel like the information out there is endless! I need to get one of those trivia books...
Thank you for that Fantasmic tip! I will definitely remember that for next time! It's nice that they do this! Next time you will have the steak, I will see Fantasmic, it will be perfect :)
And man, here I thought Joe was special, guess more people don't know the rockstar symbol than I thought! I like to bust his chops about it, I won't mention to him about your dad ;)
Thank you for your wedding planning tips! I am so lost! Going to tour some venues soon, and hopefully from there I will know what to do next! I will definitely look up some expos in my area!! Thank you for the help :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I think it draws a parallel to say... DHS vs EPCOT. Some will love just wandering EPCOT soaking up the visuals or sounds.. or even find a hint of inspiration in the messages... while others may feel short given the attraction lineup. Conversely, DHS can feel completely Disney.. while others can pick on the 'lame soundstage' setup. Some things just stick out more to some in their expectation or what resonates for them.

I mean, Universal Studios feels very little like a Disney Park.. and is not really shy about it. The saddest part are where it tries to follow Disney.. like the parades and FW/lagoon stuff. That.. feels like cheap imitations. But where Uni is itself... it shines. IOA is a different beast where both the attractions and setting/staging feel like a Disney park. It's on caliber with Disney efforts, and attractions themselves are marvels.

But I think what you mentioned about the 'connection' is what Disney has nurtured and Uni has not been able to. People will be passionate and have connections/memories/history with the characters, etc.. they'll be a kid even when its long past for them. UNI hasn't been able to replicate that type of connection with the exception of Harry Potter I think. That kind of connection lets people feel 'at home' at Disney.. where other places don't feel the same. Part of that is just generational.. and the repetition that people get with the Disney product. You 'grew up with it'.

Congrats on your engagement :)

Thank you so much! And I'm glad you understand where I am trying to come from with Disney vs. Universal. I couldn't agree with your statements more! The Harry Potter areas are more than I could ever imagined. I think Universal hit it out of the park, you honestly feel like you've walked into your TV screen. I am glad I finally experienced Uni first hand. The recent additions they are pumping out is keep Disney on their toes. Orlando is going to be a fun place to visit in the coming decade.
And thank you again :)

First, love the holiday ears! Must get them for our next trip
Second, congrats on your engagement. Isn't it the best when you totally don't see coming?
Third, I wish we could fit in a trip to Universal just for Harry Potter Sticks when you are the only adventurous one in the family.
Last (at least for now), those food photos are making me curse my diet and pray that I reach my goal before our next trip. I'm dreaming of a Dole Whip as I look at snow outside my window. ❄️☀️
I waited a long time for those holiday ears to go on sale! You must get them! They are so cute and festive! :)
Thank you so much, I was completely caught of guard! I usually am not one for surprises but this one was different! :p
The Harry Potter area is amazing, I think you could spend a day in the Wizarding World alone. If you are recruiting for your family, I'm available :p
And I pray you reach your goal too because Dole whips are calling your name! Calories don't count in Disney don't forget ;)

Catching up! Love the proposal. That was such a perfect story!!! Hope your wedding planning is going well so far :)
Thank you again!! And about that wedding planning... guess I better start :eek::eek::eek:

I shot a wedding once where the bride rode up to the aisle in a carriage! It didn't have a top like that, but it was still so pretty. I loved it! You can totally make it happen!
I am definitely stalking your Instagram for some wedding inspo! That sounds beautiful! Dreams can come true!!!

sheriffwoody

I am definitely stalking your Instagram for some wedding inspo! That sounds beautiful! Dreams can come true!!!
Haha, I'm going to have to get better about posting work on there now! I post all my weddings on my blog (woodyandpearl.blogspot.com) if you really want to see some of my weddings. I've seen some really cute ideas, especially in the past couple of years! You might find some good inspiration! Southern weddings are probably quite a bit different that what you're used to though.

Here's the one with the carriage: http://woodyandpearl.blogspot.com/2016/09/laura-jacobs-twin-oaks-stylish-summer.html

blreinsel

I think June is a totally reasonable request, I will get on him this instant! LOL!! And I was staring a little much, I can't help that Disney characters have romantic backstories to go with their beautiful faces... And the Beast is so well loved by us WDWmagic girls, I think we may have to have a battle!!! :p
I think Ariel may have gotten a restraining order on me....
And I really think we are the same person inside.. a Disney trip together would be the ultimate Disney fanatics experience!

That's a totally good explanation for why we love the princes so much! Our guys just have to accept it. :p I can ask Ariel to lift the restraining order when I see her.. I wouldn't want you to be forever separated from your favorite mermaid. :rolleyes:

Okay so Dylan and I are moving to Florida in July (tentatively).. the plan is to settle in Lake County which puts us between 30 and 50 minutes from Disney. So whenever you convince Joe to go back, I will be there!!! This is going to make for the ultimate WDWmagic meet up!!! :D

Longers

That's a totally good explanation for why we love the princes so much! Our guys just have to accept it. :p I can ask Ariel to lift the restraining order when I see her.. I wouldn't want you to be forever separated from your favorite mermaid. :rolleyes:

Okay so Dylan and I are moving to Florida in July (tentatively).. the plan is to settle in Lake County which puts us between 30 and 50 minutes from Disney. So whenever you convince Joe to go back, I will be there!!! This is going to make for the ultimate WDWmagic meet up!!! :D
Wow so close to Disney I can only dream!

DisneyPrincess5

On this rainy and cold January Connecticut day, I have been reading your report over again because well, you're just too freakin' funny!, but also I am SO pathetically Disney/Uni/vacation/warm weather depressed that your report actually makes me feel like I am there and I went too. Thank you for the smiles!

I along with @LadyBelle I have gained weight off your food photos. Amazing choices you two made! I love how I do as little as make eye contact with a Mickey pretzel there and gain weight despite walking like 15 miles a day...

Also I never noticed the little creepy shadow man in the TOT window. Every trip offers new fun findings huh. Love the details!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Nov 10th

Somewhere in the night, I met Ariel. I was so distraught, because the photos didn't show up on the app until the next morning and Joe didn't take any on my phone while I visited! Thank goodness they eventually came through, because I would have cried for the rest of my life if not!

5DE51455-BA2A-40FC-B115-D89A8AA4D45D_zpswq8wrz1w.jpg

3463CCE0-0D44-44C1-9707-C04259F6C65B_zpsqoeid83e.jpg

2D3B8413-DF06-415B-A1D2-9C883092841A_zpsnyn521ih.jpg

I am sitting abnormally close.... Ariel is probably saying back away! Get this girl away from me! LOL

E9ACEDB0-D7CA-4D6A-8ADB-F3F7DA2B05D7_zpsunvznver.jpg

If you've read my trip reports in the past, you'd know I had previously showed Ariel my nails that were painted just for her at her grotto. The very next day, I ate dinner in Norway and I swore it was the same Ariel because she made sure to grab my hands and check out my nails. And now fast forward to this November, and Ariel's looking at my nails again! Isn't it weird how certain things happen?!

B1C972C4-90D6-492F-91F7-B55D62102C9E_zpsv7zusaqx.jpg

I told Ariel that I had gotten these ears secretly because they reminded me of her fin and red hair... She loved it

0A3C172E-1247-4124-A3DC-8D4B5DFC1BC7_zps73n0orxz.jpg

She told me she had to go get a pair for herself! Christmas and little mermaid?! YES.

758669A4-5ABF-4581-B483-E1BB0A8A6EBF_zps2udcuvz8.jpg

And now the most awkward picture in the history of awkward pictures....

A2561972-A039-4771-B8D7-BC193116734C_zpspvocqja5.jpg

I love her so much!! So you think she realizes?!

These pictures also popped up the next morning....

743C101A-939B-4DE5-938D-BD63A47610A4_zpstkiwebql.jpg

0A1EBCED-AF92-4B16-A836-7148E66C1A4D_zpssygb4ysf.jpg

691E688D-3C4C-441E-9F5D-AC200A88905F_zpsx31korut.jpg

I really think they should have Photopass here at all times! They are they best! I love all my Photopass pictures so much, I don't know which to print out! Was thinking of making a Disney wall with 4 canvases, one of us in front of each park icon. Is the Tower of Terror or Chinese Theater Hollywood Studio's icon?? Should I do it in color or black and white? Should I print out every single photo and plaster them all over my house?! I AM DISNEY OBSESSED. I'm sure everyone is aware of this fact already, but should I have photographic proof to prove it?!

:p

Haha, I have an equally awkward Ariel hug photo of my 13-yo mermaid-loving niece from our August 2014 trip! And a really cool shot the Photopass photographer caught of her taking a "shell-fie" with Ariel! It was a great interaction.

The bottom ring of the Space Mountain sign kind of looks like a halo over Joe's head!! And after that proposal, I guess he deserves it!

Hope you had a great New Year's.

blreinsel

One day maybe I will find a way to move to the US - I swear I was born in the wrong country and should have been American all along!
You have to follow your dreams so i will keep everything crossed for you :(

Well you know that you have somewhere to stay (close to Disney!) while you're house shopping when you make the move. ;) Thank you for the positive vibes! It's so overwhelming but will be sooooo worth it in the end!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 12th

And with a heavy heart, I begin my last full Disney day :( How can it be here already?! How is my trip report over already?! And my trip for that matter!! Why do all good things come to an end? Why does time continue ticking away, even when we wish that it would not? These are questions I ask myself every morning.

Flash back to November 12th, when I was a much happier camper...

52A11F8C-0A54-4C14-9DE0-4692D7016AEC_zpsjm7ycbwb.jpg

We were headed to Epcot.. and it was Dapper Day. I must live under a rock because I had no idea this existed. I felt bad for Joe because a bunch kept asking why he wasn't dressed up when I was... this was just a regular old outfit! Guess this Disney addict still has some things to learn. :(

We got to Epcot right at opening and ran to Test Track. Luckily, the line was only 20 minutes by the time we got there! Boo to you Rock and Roll, why couldn't you cooperate yesterday?!

3F05065D-7390-42DA-B34D-A88AC0C237A0_zps8josdfev.jpg

C56CF6C1-B8B5-450E-A786-BD11C1F2E842_zpshftbzqqr.jpg

Joe started creating our masterful ride, before I took over and "ruined" it. LOL... he has no faith in me! :p

0F4A6EEF-C685-4313-816D-3D45C5044F5C_zpswundzhms.jpg

F9E20DEA-EC9A-4ABA-B13E-39190AFA9503_zpsgrxtjnmi.jpg

Our final product... What the heck are these things on the front?! Do these actually exist in the real world?
0E68C56F-4CB5-4A9C-A560-6AB84D418FFF_zpspnupwxrx.jpg

In the end, we came in second place! Not too shabby if I do say so myself! I think it's more entertaining to make the most ridiculous looking car and to see how it stacks up. When else would you ever get to drive something looking like crab claw mobile?! Only in Disney!!!

F53D9C01-FCF9-4934-8F40-F7820D476FB5_zpspho4vzi6.jpg

Joe took these totally embarrassing photos. Me take embarrassing photos?! You know who's trip report this is. Haha! :) He couldn't tell with the sun if they were taking, and of course they were.

9C0ACB0E-7CBF-4697-A661-592CEB753353_zps8jubpszn.jpg

FAD45C05-7222-45C0-9CC0-67ADB38B210B_zpsbtilaf2a.jpg

We had a fastpass for Spaceship Earth, and thank goodness because the wait times had been unreal all week! 40 minutes for Spaceship Earth?! You knew it was busy!

BAB0AA0A-49E0-4E0D-8470-BE5B085BF27B_zpsy9wggltw.jpg

My favorite lady...

E9A57B24-954B-43EF-A3F3-4E79520B4D9C_zpsyyfbtcq1.jpg

Dame Judi Dench just gives me the feels! Spaceship Earth just screams "Classic Epcot" to me. If you visit any other section of the forums besides trip reports, you'll find debate after debate about the demise of Epcot. The transition to IP-cot. And while I do not know an Epcot without Nemo and princesses, I can imagine it due to Spaceship Earth. Spaceship Earth still holds on to that 1982 awe of technology. The magic of communication and all that the human race has accomplished. I think in the 80s and 90s, and even early 2000s, technological advances in communication were always met with welcoming open arms. I think nowadays, we've lost the actual ability to communicate without technology (hello millennials on your cell phones) and Spaceship Earth doesn't get the appreciation it truly deserves. To think, this common platform of WDWmagic brings us all together. It had me meet two wonderful people from different parts of the globe in Disney World!

"So here's to the next 30,000 years on Spaceship Earth. While no one knows for sure what we'll see or do, I do know it will be quite an adventure, an adventure that we'll take and make together. See you in the future!"

AB83687F-9CDD-4DF1-A8E0-E41D40A3F493_zps9h4mkbak.jpg

DC5AE54E-D20A-4C6B-A433-A4A70C166E82_zpsnsooegmp.jpg

2DC77459-E769-4FC6-9361-1216FCFAE424_zpseebtmdbl.jpg

4F2D39D7-E351-4D58-B642-C497921514ED_zpsvkyol8ws.jpg

Like a grand and miraculous spaceship... ugh I love you Spaceship Earth. Pulling right at your heartstrings.

After getting a glimpse into our crystal ball future, it was time for Soarin' round 2! And the second time still did not win me over. I miss the original! :( When did I become such an attraction snob?! But that part when you're going over the Eiffel Tower, it just gets all distorted and strange looking, and it made me yearn for my Soarin' of the past....

We had lunch reservations in two hours, but that didn't stop us from stuffing our faces. Hang-gliding made us hungry! :p

We each got the breakfast platter....
DB468361-D66F-4DCF-95BC-87227C893617_zpseewcgtbz.jpg

And check out the CHRISTMAS CUP!!!!!!!

227B5D81-D629-4963-85BC-1A93B6CBCEA6_zpsgjs7zfbg.jpg

696CA4B1-D129-4BFD-807A-C0FDB2BD0DEC_zpselrirjsm.jpg

The platter included eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and some sort of cinnamon French toast thing! It was truly delicious, but I still question my sanity on to why we ordered this when we had a lunch reservation in 2 hours... some questions have logical answers. :p

We rolled out of The Land pavilion and headed over to The Seas. Nemo had a 20 minute line, a perfect way to digest! I must have been in a food coma, because I took not one picture! Into the Big Blue World we descended!

Joe was super excited that our journey ended in an aquarium. He forgot this existed! What a Disney newbie :p

7F79872F-FFD0-4403-BD67-3DDF16F3BAA7_zpslxx8dhik.jpg

21F72CE6-8E16-424B-BE23-5425C0B3342D_zpsogol2jzp.jpg

Who said all Disney rides dump off into a gift shop?! Some attractions drop you under the sea, in an aquarium!!! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Haha, I'm going to have to get better about posting work on there now! I post all my weddings on my blog (woodyandpearl.blogspot.com) if you really want to see some of my weddings. I've seen some really cute ideas, especially in the past couple of years! You might find some good inspiration! Southern weddings are probably quite a bit different that what you're used to though.

Here's the one with the carriage: http://woodyandpearl.blogspot.com/2016/09/laura-jacobs-twin-oaks-stylish-summer.html
Thank you! I am going to be looking at your blog so much!! I want to get married in the Poconos, which is like the "woods and mountains" of Pennsylvania. As well as liking Disney, I had a soft spot for the Twilight wedding.. okay I am running away in shame now :p

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats girl! That is soooooooo exciting! Please tell him he is going to have some unexpected house guest dropping by :p

And thank you for putting in a good word with Ariel-- I'm not that crazy. (Don't tell her the truth :p)

Wow so close to Disney I can only dream!
Me too!!!!! :(

I'm so excited! It still seems like a dream, but we started looking at houses/apartments last night and it made it more realistic! :)
I am so jealous, make sure you find one with a guest room ;)

On this rainy and cold January Connecticut day, I have been reading your report over again because well, you're just too freakin' funny!, but also I am SO pathetically Disney/Uni/vacation/warm weather depressed that your report actually makes me feel like I am there and I went too. Thank you for the smiles!
I along with @LadyBelle I have gained weight off your food photos. Amazing choices you two made! I love how I do as little as make eye contact with a Mickey pretzel there and gain weight despite walking like 15 miles a day...
Also I never noticed the little creepy shadow man in the TOT window. Every trip offers new fun findings huh. Love the details!!

It is cold and rainy in Philly today too, it's making me wish I had booked my trip for January instead! I want to get away :( Thank you soooo much for your compliment, glad someone thinks I'm funny LOL!
And I swear I do not eat like this regularly, but Disney is my happy place and I just let loose! I definitely felt in my work pants when I had to return to the real world. Psh- just more proof I should have never returned! :p

Haha, I have an equally awkward Ariel hug photo of my 13-yo mermaid-loving niece from our August 2014 trip! And a really cool shot the Photopass photographer caught of her taking a "shell-fie" with Ariel! It was a great interaction.

The bottom ring of the Space Mountain sign kind of looks like a halo over Joe's head!! And after that proposal, I guess he deserves it!

Hope you had a great New Year's.
Thank you- I will have to tell Joe he is now an angel, I swear that wasn't there before the proposal, just kiddddddddding! :p
And you just have to hug Ariel with all your might, it's just the Disney way!!! Happy New Year to you too!!! :) :)

One day maybe I will find a way to move to the US - I swear I was born in the wrong country and should have been American all along!
You have to follow your dreams so i will keep everything crossed for you :(
I am crossing everywhere too so we have a place to crash LOL

Well you know that you have somewhere to stay (close to Disney!) while you're house shopping when you make the move. ;) Thank you for the positive vibes! It's so overwhelming but will be sooooo worth it in the end!
I moved from NJ to PA and while it's definitely different, it's totally exciting to kind of start anew! I send so many positive vibes your way! Do it! We are young and have so much life to live! Disney lives! LOL

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nov 12th

If you thought I took a lot of photos of the Christmas parade, you should see me under the sea! I think I really am a mermaid! I think my legs are transitioning into fins as I type...

20F361BE-02DB-4DBF-B37D-18F3D76F4B40_zpsgj07y11s.jpg

3499734C-174B-448A-8F99-5C2348163B4F_zpsntv24dlp.jpg

2C3572BC-F7D3-4601-A472-EAB298EE5E50_zps2pnpnz8v.jpg

The sea turtle was so beautiful, Joe and I stared for quite a while. He loved Finding Dory, and I know he loves being dragged to all these Disney movies with me, so he was in heaven. I don't know if it's the lighting, the massive tanks, or the natural wonder of our undersea friends, but we both walked around gasping and pointing. There was so much to see!

691BB2DB-7FB9-4BD2-AD9C-F1102E804A89_zpsjr666l9r.jpg

772F6EE4-31F9-422B-BF90-94FA4CD1B6E2_zpsgrvrdk2i.jpg

FB3F805E-37E9-42A4-84A2-B750AF1731D3_zpsfwrswxrw.jpg

A shark! They look so nice swimming in a Disney tank.. at the Jersey shore not so much! I will admire you from afar dear Sir!

31CD296F-EF44-4821-8060-6D027DDE2BFE_zps7sxxiamo.jpg

Joe is a junior, so a lot of his aunts and uncles still refer to him as Little Joe. And look what we had here! A Lil' Joe manatee!

269DD966-1E8D-4AFB-B6A7-0B16F18F3A07_zpsottqbfsz.jpg

C151D8DC-AFE7-4211-8670-FF10DD483AF3_zps0ew1zvng.jpg

DBC5D88B-BD28-4163-87BE-C84C85B5416C_zpsnn2iwz65.jpg

It must have been their lunch time, they kept eating the lettuce floating in their tank. It was interesting to watch the come up and chomp away on a whole head at a time! Man, if only I ate my greens this way! Joe and I joked that after this trip he'd weigh more than the manatee...

971D91F7-9DF3-4BBE-9A40-0267C317EE0A_zps52m9mgra.jpg

We continued on in amazement, we didn't want to skip a single exhibit!

5BCFDB83-3971-4E0E-8B16-E891CE8BCE3D_zpsoyqg2ns8.jpg

And of course we found Nemo!!! Now where oh where is Dory?!

7653494E-A03C-429D-B242-BFCF7808944A_zps0inhzrju.jpg

90CEE88E-9556-4004-A6FF-291751CC8010_zpse4xgocsg.jpg

Joe became obsessed with this Lionfish- and I kept telling him I swore it was on the menu last night at Skipper Canteen! Fish are friends! Still crossing my fingers for you little buddy!! :)

4F808FEB-03DA-4C5C-80A4-27AD247B2A22_zpstnkasn11.jpg

992508F4-ACC1-4C79-81B7-B0EDB342EE81_zpsz7amu7vm.jpg

60869CE2-D98F-44B2-A243-9775CFB6D8FC_zpswjyy8lnh.jpg

5FF970C4-01D1-471F-A468-381E4A885074_zpsardh2yl8.jpg

F2D0D486-7F18-49D6-83A7-099425099CC9_zpsjt2m9vqx.jpg

When the Living Seas opened in 1986, it was the biggest salt water aquarium in the US. Now it is second to the Georgia aquarium, but it's still pretty amazing that the main tank holds 5.7 million gallons of water. :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

I think they have room for mermaids. Ariel and I swimming together forever at Epcot? Sorry Joe... the seas they are a callin'!

lostpro9het

When the Living Seas opened in 1986, it was the biggest salt water aquarium in the US. Now it is second to the Georgia aquarium, but it's still pretty amazing that the main tank holds 5.7 million gallons of water. :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

When we did the Epcot Aqua Seas Tour we learned that the Living Seas is the largest aquarium but the Georgia Aquarium it technically considered larger because it has more plumbing that holds more water. If you really enjoy the Living Seas then I strongly suggest the tour.

Last edited:

AliceJaina

Just catching up on your report. A huge congratulations on your proposal!!!!! I may have squealed a little when I saw your picture. Then teared up a little when reading the story.

I also got stung by a bee while in Disney in December. It stung me on my head above my ear on the monorail on the way to Epcot. I can not believe how bad it hurt and hurt all day. Not debilitating or anything but bothered me way longer than I would have thought.

We were in HS on Friday Dec. 9th and it was awful, so crowded. It was our last day and I wish we just did another morning in MK.

Loving your report and can't believe it's almost over. Thanks for sharing your Disney loving spirit with us!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom