Comcast CEO: "Universal will compete aggressively with Disney"

mahnamahna101

Hmmm, logic says Goofy's Barnstormer was made for small children and to them it would be considered a superior attraction.

Dragon Challenge, while completely regurgitated from a superior ride, appeals to a different audience, there for, this analogy, is logically flawed.

Jimmy Thick- But I reason some will try to argue this simple, yet logical fact.

But... but! You called Hippogriff a value engineered ride when it's vastly better themed than Great Goofini

Jimmy Thick - his thickness is filled with mush

lazyboy97o

Jimmy Thick - He's right an embarrassing amount of times. (Even if he too is wrong about FJ vs. TSMM).
About pure numbers, and if carried through to his conclusions it means that the cultural degradation of Walt Disney World that you so often lament, often times with the very sort of harsh language you criticize, is not only the proper course of action for Walt Disney World, but the best course of action for Walt Disney World.

Jimmy Thick

I've never understood the Olive Garden promo that your like family when you eat at Olive Garden. I don't get a bill when I go over to my sisters house for dinner.....

True, but they have good breadsticks.

But after the first round of breadsticks, why if you ask for more they only give you two?

Jimmy Thick- Must be doing something related to Disney budget cutting...

Jimmy Thick

Yes, they are basing it on what we already know about the land, you aren't even doing that.

Until the place opens, basically, no one knows anything. So people are just basing things on conjecture, which if others can do for Potter, others can do for NFL. You cannot have it both ways.

I have already experienced most of NFL and contrary to popular belief, its a fantastic addition.

Jimmy Thick- Its truth, its actual.

ParentsOf4

I keep forgetting to mention something NBCUniversal CEO Steve Burke said at the last earnings call:

"We obviously have grown increasingly bullish about the Theme Park business. When we closed the deal, the Theme Parks were generating about $400 million in OCF [operating cash flow], and this year they’ll be about $1 billion. So in three years, those businesses have grown dramatically."

That is pretty dramatic growth, especially for a theme park business.

All because they built a $265M WWOHP and, to a lesser extent, a $100M Transformers.

It puts the New Fantasyland's $450M budget and MyMagic's $2B+ budget to shame.

And, of course, it takes Universal less time to finish these than it takes Disney to break ground on a certain "Blue Aliens" project. ;)

Tony Perkis

Until the place opens, basically, no one knows anything. So people are just basing things on conjecture, which if others can do for Potter, others can do for NFL. You cannot have it both ways.

I have already experienced most of NFL and contrary to popular belief, its a fantastic addition.

The premiere attraction of NFL is an under budgeted Little Mermaid clone from California, thus far. Fantastic is not the correct adjective.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Thank you, I just wanted you to admit that that is what you are doing.

Tony Perkis

Under budget? The thing was ridiculously expensive.
Which I don't understand. Disney spends exuberant amounts of cash on making the exterior of the ride look fantastic, but skimps out on actually building a great attraction. The ride was a bit landlocked at DCA, and instead of fixing whatever issues the ride had there (and there are a lot), they cloned it. Instead of building a more impressive "Under the Sea" room, WDW get the uninspired version from Cali.

PhotoDave219

Which I don't understand. Disney spends exuberant amounts of cash on making the exterior of the ride look fantastic, but skimps out on actually building a great attraction. The ride was a bit landlocked at DCA, and instead of fixing whatever issues the ride had there (and there are a lot), they cloned it. Instead of building a more impressive "Under the Sea" room, WDW get the uninspired version from Cali.

Someone else has done a better job of explaining how & why WDI charges WDW a premium for design.

Long and the short? WDI charges a bit of money.

Tony Perkis

Someone else has done a better job of explaining how & why WDI charges WDW a premium for design.

Long and the short? WDI charges a bit of money.
Efficient spending is a foreign term at Disney. Given the knowledge of how Disney uses allotted budgets, I do believe Mermaid was under budgeted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom