Comcast CEO: "Universal will compete aggressively with Disney"

Jimmy Thick

You want to talk about "second class" hotels. Try WDW's third class motel "Value" Resorts.

Go ahead and book one for $133.00/night this summer.

I can get a better offsite room for $29.95/night.

Or go for an AOA "Value" suite for $365.00/night. That's 565 square feet for 2 motel rooms.

I can get a 945 square foot suite at Disney's Waldorf Astoria (located next to Caribbean Beach) for $349/night and a $100/night resort credit.

Disney's "Value" Resorts are damn motels with really expensive rack rates, really expensive food, really expensive drinks, and really expensive merchandise.

For what they are, Disney's "Value" Resorts are the biggest rip-off in all of Orlando.

And Disney will fill their Value resorts all year long.

Plus Value resort guests will have the same perks as Deluxe guests, not be segregated to a second class feeling that will no doubt happen to the uninformed Universal guest.

I can just hear the upset guests being told because they didn't spend enough money that can't get front of the line access, its like the Titanic all over again.

Jimmy Thick- Breaks my heart Universal would choose to do business this way...

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I took Jimmy off "Ignore". I lasted maybe an hour before I had to mute him again.
A difference of opinion is grand, but I honestly can't tell if Jimmy even believes the drivel he's spewing. When confronted with solid facts and figures he "* Chuckles *" and moves on to his next jab without addressing that which proves him wrong.
He's weakening this forum, and causing it legitimate harm. Even if he's not directly breaking the letter of the law, we are all well aware that he's intentionally antagonistic. This forum would be much better without him.

Last edited:

Jimmy Thick

If you only care about the experience, and that is what you judge a ride by, then how can you criticize something that hasn't even opened yet? You have said NFL is going to be better the Diagon, what criteria are you using to make this judgement?

And others have stated Diagon will be better even though it has not opened? Or even finished?

Apples and oranges.

Jimmy Thick- Lets hope there is nothing being regurgitated attraction wise, that would spoil the whole shebang.

Jimmy Thick

By this logic, Goofy's Barnstormer is a superior attraction to Dragon's Challenge.

Then again, you don't use logic or reason to back your points.

Hmmm, logic says Goofy's Barnstormer was made for small children and to them it would be considered a superior attraction.

Dragon Challenge, while completely regurgitated from a superior ride, appeals to a different audience, there for, this analogy, is logically flawed.

Jimmy Thick- But I reason some will try to argue this simple, yet logical fact.

Tony Perkis

Hmmm, logic says Goofy's Barnstormer was made for small children and to them it would be considered a superior attraction.

Dragon Challenge, while completely regurgitated from a superior ride, appeals to a different audience, there for, this analogy, is logically flawed.

Jimmy Thick- But I reason some will try to argue this simple, yet logical fact.
It is a logically flawed argument, which I am surprised you didn't eat up, given history.

The Empress Lilly

One -as mentioned earlier-is a continuously loading ride with fantastic throughput. One is not and has its capacity completely trashed by having Fastpass forced upon it when it wasn't designed for it.

You're not always able to twist the answers in your favour.
B...but that is incorrect. Fastpass reduces nor increases capacity.

Jimmy Thick - He's right an embarrassing amount of times. (Even if he too is wrong about FJ vs. TSMM).

The Empress Lilly

Hippo, Dragon Challenge, are nothing more than cheap, value engineered rides that are nothing more than the same thing they originally were with a Potter coat of paint on them. Maybe Universal's thought was since no one experienced those rides in the first place they wouldn't notice some serious penny pinching going on
Awesome! What wit! :D

Jimmy Thick - Most entertaining poster on this forum.

The Empress Lilly

Does anyone else think this guy sounds more like Jimmy jones drinking a bunch of koolaid aid than Jimmy thick? Just keep chanting this stuff Jimmy keep chanting it like the disney execs and see where everything stands in Florida in 10 years
Did you just compare a fellow poster to a mass murderer? For harbouring a different opinion about which amusement park is better?
(Or that comedian of old?)

The flaming anti-Jimmy mob is a complete embarrassement to this forum.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
And others have stated Diagon will be better even though it has not opened? Or even finished?

Apples and oranges.

Jimmy Thick- Lets hope there is nothing being regurgitated attraction wise, that would spoil the whole shebang.

Yes, they are basing it on what we already know about the land, you aren't even doing that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom