'Club Villain' ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in January 2016

RSoxNo1

"Alright everyone, we have 5 rides in this park and we're a few years away from it not sucking. What's the absolute least we can do to maintain attendance during construction?"
"Um... people seem to like the villains, what if we set up a bunch of temporary meet and greets so the day guests could have something to see."
"Also... DJ Dance party."
"That sounds great... can we charge for it?"
"Well we're already charging $99 a day to get into the park..."
"Great... we'll charge $99 for it over and above the admission price."
"Um... that's not what I mea..."
"Meeting adjourned. Now who has a $100 bill I can use to light my cigar."

Kman101

So they can give regular guests a DJ kiddie dance party but you have to pony up $200 if you are one person and without an annual/seasonal pass to attend that? LMAO. Are they for real? I mean, I begrudge no one who wants to pay that. Have a great time, not judging but wooo. This is clearly a 'because we can charge whatever we want' thing. So much for our villain stage show. How disappointing. Let's keep running dated shows that have faded sets and costumes and barely working effects. Kudos Disney!

NearTheEars

Way too pricey for us, as most of these upcharge events are.
I could live with getting to eat, drink, mingle for photos and watch the stage show for $50 ($100 for a couple) and using our annual pass to get into the parks, but not $200 for a night out.

But, hey, if anyone finds vale in it, then go and enjoy. Not going to judge.
Events like this live and die by attendance.
Remember EPCOT after hours?

Fox&Hound

I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot, but just to clarify: this theater will be open during the day as the Disney Dance party thing but at night it turns into a hard ticket event???? Will the dance party run all year? Is any of this temporary to see demand or is this their plan for this flex space? I really can't follow this....

YodaMan

I'm sorry if I sound like an idiot, but just to clarify: this theater will be open during the day as the Disney Dance party thing but at night it turns into a hard ticket event???? Will the dance party run all year? Is any of this temporary to see demand or is this their plan for this flex space? I really can't follow this....

Meh, it's all kinda temporary. The dance party is mostly something to help eat up crowds since the theater is practically done and the villain show isn't ready yet. The villain show is only on Saturdays as mostly a test run. Expect more things to pop up in this space (probably on days when there isn't a villain show [or in the mornings when the show is in the evenings]).

bhg469

Love this....

Another point...... posters keep saying how it's $100 to get into Hollywood Studios and then another $100 for the event. Seriously folks.....who pays $100 to get into Hollywood Studios? I've never heard of anyone paying full price for a one day admission just to HS, at least not since the place was brand new and a novelty. This is a park that people visit when they have multi day tickets which at a certain point only cost about $10 a day to add extra days too....or you go there on park hopper, or with an AP.
Maybe not that park but one day passes are extremely popular.

dizda

I am sure that marketing knows what it is doing with pricing, but I have to agree with those who find this event a bit pricey.

Matt_Black

Love this....

Another point...... posters keep saying how it's $100 to get into Hollywood Studios and then another $100 for the event. Seriously folks.....who pays $100 to get into Hollywood Studios? I've never heard of anyone paying full price for a one day admission just to HS, at least not since the place was brand new and a novelty. This is a park that people visit when they have multi day tickets which at a certain point only cost about $10 a day to add extra days too....or you go there on park hopper, or with an AP.

Shh! There's moral outrage to be had! A company is trying to make money by catering to a certain demographic! Clearly it's the work of the devil!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Georgie K and his upcharge events strike again, It would not be so bad IF these events included limited park admission (as in say 1 hour before start of event to closing) It's the admission+upcharge which I find disgusting.

Kman101

I agree with you Ford. I think park admission should be included. It's like if they charged 80 for the Halloween or Christmas parties and still made you buy park admission on top of that. Admission plus a ridiculously high price makes them look bad but they know people will pay it and they are. And that's fine if you want to. I think the defenders need to stop for a second and recognize greed at its finest.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I agree with you Ford. I think park admission should be included. It's like if they charged 80 for the Halloween or Christmas parties and still made you buy park admission on top of that. Admission plus a ridiculously high price makes them look bad but they know people will pay it and they are. And that's fine if you want to. I think the defenders need to stop for a second and recognize greed at its finest.

The problem here is the current management has cheapened the experience and people come back with less than magical memories, All they remember is glitchy, expensive, crowded and being nickle and dimed. Would any of us long time Disney fans BE long time fans if our FIRST experience with WDW was "Today's WDW" ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom