'Club Villain' ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in January 2016

hpyhnt 1000

Theme park admission AND a separate ticket fee? The food better be good and the drinks free flowing then; $99 is pretty hefty for what is basically a buffet meet and greet.

Actually, is it buffet/"all you care to eat" dining? The description on the website isn't very clear on if it's a per person fixed course menu or family style or buffet.

Bolt

Theme park admission AND a separate ticket fee? The food better be good and the drinks free flowing then; $99 is pretty hefty for what is basically a buffet meet and greet.

Actually, is it buffet/"all you care to eat" dining? The description on the website isn't very clear on if it's a per person fixed course menu or family style or buffet.
Sounds similar to Party for the Senses.

Fox&Hound

Ewwwww. DHS has nothing to do and they are making this a hard ticket event? That makes ZERO sense besides trying to squeeze more money out of guests. This better be a trial of some sorts. I find it hard to believe they would build a new theater that many guests will never see the inside of. Boo to You-Disney!

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
I guess they need this ticketed event that certain people will do to help offset the loss of those not even bothering with DHS until the new "stuff" opens years from now
Personally, I still feel they should offer free park hopping to DHS. Meaning if you park hop to DHS from any other park if you are staying _____ number of days. It would be a way to get people over to DHS later in the year when the park might be missing a lot more things.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Personally, I still feel they should offer free park hopping to DHS. Meaning if you park hop to DHS from any other park if you are staying _____ number of days. It would be a way to get people over to DHS later in the year when the park might be missing a lot more things.

interesting idea.. but I think that would take a lot of behind the scenes work (and may cause confusion for some guests too) on how to make DHS a free park hopping park but not the others

they just need to have some special things from time to time in there... just not all pay-extra-to-view events

DHS isn't "bad" in it's current form...and the construction will probably be somewhat hidden (keep in mind a lot of AK has been under construction for the past year or so too)

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
interesting idea.. but I think that would take a lot of behind the scenes work (and may cause confusion for some guests too) on how to make DHS a free park hopping park but not the others

they just need to have some special things from time to time in there... just not all pay-extra-to-view events

I think they could do it as long as people are using Magic Bands. Just a bit of code that allows people to enter DHS if they were at another park. But most likely, they'll just add a few hard ticket events haha. Oh and cupcakes!

Jon81uk

Besides Backlot Tour, what else is closed? I though Launch Bay was going in Animation. Didn't realize they closed so many other things. I just wish they would add like a Star Wars Land or like a Toy Story Land with like five new rides. We can only dream.

Except those things will take 3-5 years to open. Why can't they add a new show now. BatB and Mermaid have been showing since time began, its time for something new. Shows should change out more often.

Backlot tour and amimation are the main closures, but the park was stale before they closed anyway. Yes Launch bay replaces animation. But animation tour was already poor compared to what it was 15 years ago.

wannabeBelle

I am waiting to get a more complete listing of what is offered. If a certain item is added, I may have to try this out next year. Otherwise I tend to agree, way too much money for a dinner even with the Villians. I certainly don't drink enough to make it worth it but the one item would change my mind on that. For a hint of what I am waiting for, look at Marni's Unleash The Villians video at around the 24 minute mark. Marie

fngoofy

Here we go again. Armchair marketers thinking Disney doesn't know what they are doing.
I am going to trust that Disney has enough marketing experience to know what is desired and at what price point to offer it.
Believe me, if they miss the mark they will adapt.

This doesn't impact those not going to it, it is in the most out of the way location and no one is holding a gun to your head saying you have to go. I just wish people would quit complaining and chalk it up to "not my cup of tea, don't think I'll attend" rather than opining that Disney is stupid to do it and that it is a "cash grab."

I guess this example just pushed my over the edge on the complaining front.
- I read people's complaints about the hub for 18 months, we go there and I see that it is beautiful and I didn't even notice the dreaded light poles.
- I read people complain about FP+ and Magic Bands and having experienced them twice I found them to be fantastic and open lots of conveniences and value adds

I guess it just boils down to people thinking that Disney is a Non Profit that should operate like it is 1972 and those people's need to constantly post negative comments.

Justsayinzall

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
Here we go again. Armchair marketers thinking Disney doesn't know what they are doing.
I am going to trust that Disney has enough marketing experience to know what is desired and at what price point to offer it.

This doesn't impact those not going to it, it is in the most out of the way location and no one is holding a gun to your head saying you have to go. I just wish people would quit complaining and chalk it up to "not my cup of tea, don't think I'll attend" rather than opining that Disney is stupid to do it and that it is a "cash grab."

- I read people's complaints about the hub for 18 months, we go there and I see that it is beautiful and I didn't even notice the dreaded light poles.
- I read people complain about FP+ and Magic Bands and having experienced them twice I found them to be fantastic and open lots of conveniences and value adds

I guess it just boils down to people thinking that Disney is a Non Profit that should operate like it is 1972 and those people's need to constantly post negative comments.

Justsayinzall

Let's not be ridiculous and lump all complaints together. Disney is far from non-profit. I know you are being hyperbolic but nobody is saying they shouldn't make a profit. Comparing prices, it's high. Hoop De Doo Review is a great show and you can do that for $50ish a person. If you want to pay for a ticketed event go for it. I give their marketing team enough credit to know they are going to make money on this and it won't affect the crowds much. However...it's still a bit much.

ToTBellHop

Justsayinzall
The (very valid) complaint here is that, in a park with very little to offer in the near-term, Disney is choosing to add an upcharge event rather than entertainment for all guests. It's one thing to do that in the MK, which has a lot for everyone else to do, but here, it feels like a slap in the face. "We are finally adding something new here for the first time in forever (!) but it's not included in your $100 ticket."

Fox&Hound

The (very valid) complaint here is that, in a park with very little to offer in the near-term, Disney is choosing to add an upcharge event rather than entertainment for all guests. It's one thing to do that in the MK, which has a lot for everyone else to do, but here, it feels like a slap in the face. "We are finally adding something new here for the first time in forever (!) but it's not included in your $100 ticket."

Yes, great word choice, it does feel like a slap in the face!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom