'Club Villain' ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in January 2016

prfctlyximprct

Why would you expect an event that includes a meal and adult beverages to be included in regular park admission?

Didn't get the whole "meal" vibe from the description. If it were something everyone could equally book an ADR for then I'd understand. But dancing with villains for 99 bucks just seems absurd. Basically, what I took from this... Disney knows the average guest wants to see the villains, wants to meet them, take pictures, etc... They do not supply enough opportunities for this to happen, so they figure why not make a quick buck giving the people what they want. at a price Now, I get the whole supply and demand thing. But I used to believe Disney was a genuine company, that wanted to create magical, memorable experiences for each and every guest. Sometimes, I think Disney has lost that.

berlioz70

I know a lot of people are trying to compare this to other offerings, it should be compared to the 2014 Villain Soiree. There will be food, drinks, a show, & M&Gs. Unlike the Soiree, the space will be themed from top to bottom, with more villain elements (though less characters). This will not be set up like traditional character dining, meaning the characters will not come to you as you dine, but there will be photo opportunities (without it being a dance party).

I did not attend the Soiree due to cost, and have not decided if I'll attend this, but I'm seriously considering it.

The difference of course is the park admission. With this, you can spend all day in the park for $100 and top off your night at the Club. For the Soiree you could only get in at 4:00, then you spent a section of your precious party time at the event.

Just had to jump in - continue your debate.

NearTheEars

I know a lot of people are trying to compare this to other offerings, it should be compared to the 2014 Villain Soiree. There will be food, drinks, a show, & M&Gs. Unlike the Soiree, the space will be themed from top to bottom, with more villain elements (though less characters). This will not be set up like traditional character dining, meaning the characters will not come to you as you dine, but there will be photo opportunities (without it being a dance party).

I did not attend the Soiree due to cost, and have not decided if I'll attend this, but I'm seriously considering it.

The difference of course is the park admission. With this, you can spend all day in the park for $100 and top off your night at the Club. For the Soiree you could only get in at 4:00, then you spent a section of your precious party time at the event.

It would be $200. Park admission is extra, and required.

prfctlyximprct

You realize that it used to be you had to buy tickets for each and every ride in the Magic Kingdom, and those rides were priced differently? That's where we get the term "E-Ticket" from.

Yes I was aware of that fact but since I wasn't born yet during those days I can't really compare the two. I first experienced Disney World during "the year of a million dreams" and was handed free fast passes, free merchandise, etc. I was entranced by the sheer magic of it all, and how it seemed that Disney just wanted to give. Now, I unfortunately feel like all they want to do is take.

Figment2005

And when they open in 5 years you can charge more. But when you close half the park but raise the price not sure how that equates. They had record profits this year they don't need to raise rates 5 years in advance. Plus when is the last time Epcot got any love? Animal kingdom is getting avatar but that was announced how many years ago and still is 2 years away? How did US build Harry Potter without closing half he irk and raising prices but Disney can't do the same
Half the park is not closed. Stop exaggerating.

I don't believe that the majority of the people who will attend this event will be single-park, one day admission tickets. This event is going to be made up of people with multi day park hoppers or annual pass holders. Counting park admission against this event is silly, IMO. Now, I did think it was a bit much to have to pay for this event on top of paying for Mickey's Not So Scary, but that's another story.

Cletus

You realize that it used to be you had to buy tickets for each and every ride in the Magic Kingdom, and those rides were priced differently? That's where we get the term "E-Ticket" from.

I actually went to the the parks back then (1972). Admission was $3.50. A 7 ticket Adventure book cost $4.50 (.64 cents per ride). In today's numbers that equals $3.65 per ride. The book included 1 A, 1 B, 1 C, 2 D and 2 E tickets.

Cletus

are you sure you dont have the ticket numbers backward? -- i wouldnt think you got better value for the d and e tickets
It was actually 1971.

http://allears.net/tix/tixpix70.htm

MAIN STREET U.S.A
Walt Disney World Railroad - "D" ticket or $.75
Main Street Cinema - "B" ticker or $.25
Penny Arcade - free
Omnibus - "A" ticket or $.10
Horse Cars - "A" ticket or $.10
Jitney - "A" ticket or $.10
Fire Engine - "A" ticket or $.10
ADVENTURELAND
Jungle Cruise - "E" ticket or $.80 Junior/$.90 Adult
Safari Club - free
Swiss Family Island Treehouse - "B" ticket or $.25
Tropical Serenade - "E" ticket or $.80 Junior/$.90 Adult (Changed to an "D" ticket or $.75 in 1972 when attraction was renamed Enchanted Tiki Birds)
FRONTIERLAND
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - "C" ticket or $.50
Mike Fink Keel Boats - "B" ticket or $.25
Frontierland Shooting Gallery - "B" ticket or $.25
Country Bear Jamboree - "D" ticket or $.75 (Changed to an "E" ticket or $.80 Junior/$.90 Adult in 1972_
LIBERTY SQUARE
The Haunted Mansion - "E" ticket or $.80 Junior/$.90 Adult
The Hall of Presidents - "D" ticket or $.75 (Changed to an "E" ticket or $.80 Junior/$.90 Adult in 1972)
Admiral Joe Fowler - "D" ticket or $.75
The Diamond Horseshoe - free
FANTASYLAND
It's a Small World - "E" ticket or $.80 Junior/$.90 Adult
Skyway to Tomorrowland - "D" ticket or $.75
Dumbo, the Flying Elephant - "C" ticket or $.50
Peter Pan's Flight - "C" ticket or $.50
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - "E" ticket or $.80 Junior/$.90 Adult
Cinderella's Golden Carousel - "A" ticket or $.10
The Mickey Mouse Revue - "E" ticket or $.80 Junior/$.90 Adult (Changed to an "D" ticket or $.75 in 1972
Snow White's Adventures - "C" ticket or $.50
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride - "C" ticket or $.50
Mad Tea Party - "C" ticket or $.50
Cinderella Castle - free
Pinocchio Village - free
TOMORROWLAND
Grand Prix Raceway - "C" ticket or $.50
Skyway to Fantasyland - "D" ticket or $.75

dstrawn9889

no i meant the ticket books... shouldnt it have been 2 a, 2b 1c, 1d , 1e? that would make people use the lower tickets and have less people in the mansion, jamboree and tiki?

asianway

And its real food, not just desserts, plus adult beverages. Still $20-30 overpriced IMO, but if $20 is your deciding factor on a "night out" this probably isnt for you anyway.

Magenta Panther

And its real food, not just desserts, plus adult beverages. Still $20-30 overpriced IMO, but if $20 is your deciding factor on a "night out" this probably isnt for you anyway.

I think this event sounds interesting, and I'll definitely partake of it once it's available. Hope it's worth it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom