'Club Villain' ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in January 2016

YodaMan

Oh...I'm agreeing with you. I was trying to get across that a full dinner and show is less than this and park admission is not required...I apologize if that wasn't clear.

These extra ticket events don't necessarily phase me too much because we're passholders, so I'm not necessarily having to spend $200 for my wife and I to get in the park and another $200 for the dinner. As much as we go, it costs us less than $20 to get into the parks. IMO, this dinner show is priced too high at first glance. However, since no one has gone yet, we can only give our opinions based on speculation and what has been published. For all we know there are some extras included that aren't published.

It will definitely be interesting to see what the reviews look like once people start going.

^this. For Passholders and Cast Members, the only associated cost is the event itself (not admission). This kinda insures that the only people that will be seeing the show in this format are locals and diehards who don't care about cost. If there really was any truth to the rumors about this going into Theatre of the Stars, perhaps this is their way of doing a "test run" before it ends up in a more permanent venue where the more general public will see it.

Homerclaus

Plainly put, this show will sell out. It's just the nature of the Disney draw these days. People will pay almost anything for extra Disney. Disney knows it, we know it, North Korea knows it......

If it bothers you that they are upcharging an event in a wasteland of a park, don't go (I'm not planning on it either....or the park until after SWL is completed) or go. It's still going to sell out.....and the park will still be full. I don't know what that means for our society but I blame it on the video games, high fructose syrup, and gluten free wedding cake.

Nmoody1

Interestingly the video that was on YouTube is now private. On the video I did watch, the villains were all face characters (queen of hearts, evil queen, maleficent, Dr Facilier and Ursula. The characters each had a throne area and then came to the floor to perform a number. It looked amazing!

wannabeBelle

If you used Tables in Wonderland it is also a 20% discount on those figures for the late show but either way still less expensive than the VC and park admission is not required, making it the better value. I have been to the Hoop De Doo a few times and am going again as I have always enjoyed myself and the food is good there. The entertainment for VC sounds intriguing but I still think there should be more included for the pricing that it is. Marie

Unplugged

But you don't get a steak at that 5th gate :facepalm:
If you book your trip during "Free Dining" offers you do! ;) (Of course, you do pay for everything one way or another.)

^this. For Passholders..........the only associated cost is the event itself (not admission).

While I know what you mean, that's not true. As another poster indicated, the more you go and use your Annual Pass, the cheaper your days' admission averages out to. So you are paying for admission one way or another as a Passholder, it's just up to you how you account for your expenditures. :(

gsimpson

This sounds a lot like the various nighttime parties they have on the left side of the country at DCA, except those are included in park admission and you have to pay for any food you eat. My personal history suggests I will probably grumble about the cost, try it once, and enjoy it but won't go back for years at a time. I have no problem with Disney creating these little events so long as they don't shut down regular park activities to make them possible. Just because they offer to sell you something doesn't mean you have to buy it.

Theme park admission AND a separate ticket fee? The food better be good and the drinks free flowing then; $99 is pretty hefty for what is basically a buffet meet and greet.

Actually, is it buffet/"all you care to eat" dining? The description on the website isn't very clear on if it's a per person fixed course menu or family style or buffet.
My guess is its like Liberty tree. Family style buffet. The $99 includes tax and gratuity.

bhg469

This sounds a lot like the various nighttime parties they have on the left side of the country at DCA, except those are included in park admission and you have to pay for any food you eat. My personal history suggests I will probably grumble about the cost, try it once, and enjoy it but won't go back for years at a time. I have no problem with Disney creating these little events so long as they don't shut down regular park activities to make them possible. Just because they offer to sell you something doesn't mean you have to buy it.
I agree 100%. People don't need to go to these parties but the moment they close the parks to those who opt not to spend the money on them, it's a little shameful. Obviously the Halloween and Christmas parties at MK are an exception.

BuddyThomas

I can't figure out from the press release how long the party lasts or the hours, but it sounds like beer, wine, and cocktails are included with the food. If that is the case, I can justify the $99.00 price, assuming the party is at least 3 hours long. I can drink $99.00 in cocktails at Disney without even trying. Of course, that's only about 2 cocktails.
;)
But seriously, if it's an all you can eat and drink thing along with the entertainment, I'm in.

Plus it includes gratuity so all you non-tippers will be in hog heaven.

Sabrina D

I can't figure out from the press release how long the party lasts or the hours, but it sounds like beer, wine, and cocktails are included with the food. If that is the case, I can justify the $99.00 price, assuming the party is at least 3 hours long. I can drink $99.00 in cocktails at Disney without even trying. Of course, that's only about 2 cocktails.
;)
But seriously, if it's an all you can eat and drink thing along with the entertainment, I'm in.

Plus it includes gratuity so all you non-tippers will be in hog heaven.
Love this....

Another point...... posters keep saying how it's $100 to get into Hollywood Studios and then another $100 for the event. Seriously folks.....who pays $100 to get into Hollywood Studios? I've never heard of anyone paying full price for a one day admission just to HS, at least not since the place was brand new and a novelty. This is a park that people visit when they have multi day tickets which at a certain point only cost about $10 a day to add extra days too....or you go there on park hopper, or with an AP.

Sped2424

Interestingly the video that was on YouTube is now private. On the video I did watch, the villains were all face characters (queen of hearts, evil queen, maleficent, Dr Facilier and Ursula. The characters each had a throne area and then came to the floor to perform a number. It looked amazing!
it's private now? perhaps there has been backlash big enough for this one.

mikeh

You can still view it on their Facebook Page here

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom