'Club Villain' ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in January 2016

wannabeBelle

Insane that this is not a ticketed event for that price. Disney has some b*lls! I could better see the $99 price if this included park admission and limited access to rides. :rolleyes:
That would be pretty awesome, maybe open up RNRC and TOT Only and do this as an after hours event so hence not charging you for a park day in addition to the $99 per person? Also is this only offered on Saturdays? I would think if it does tend to sell out, that they may increase the number of times a week it would be offered. Marie

wannabeBelle

So, this is still where the dance party is going during the day, correct?
This doesn't start until January so the dance party may be done during the day and then switch over for this event in the evening or the dance party possibly may not even last that long, depending on the popularity I would think. Marie

Ray B

You have that slightly wrong. They can pay $400 just to get into the park and then another $400 to go to the event. So, $800 to go to a park that is half closed

Besides Backlot Tour, what else is closed? I though Launch Bay was going in Animation. Didn't realize they closed so many other things. I just wish they would add like a Star Wars Land or like a Toy Story Land with like five new rides. We can only dream.

Part of it is my unhappiness with the closing of Animation. My wife loved the "Mushu show" and my daughter loved the activities. My daughter is now 13 and we have gone every year since she was 3. Each year we get a picture of her with Mr. Incredible. It was a tradition that, in a way, helped us watch her grow. I will miss that.

Last edited:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Except those things will take 3-5 years to open. Why can't they add a new show now. BatB and Mermaid have been showing since time began, its time for something new. Shows should change out more often.

Backlot tour and amimation are the main closures, but the park was stale before they closed anyway. Yes Launch bay replaces animation. But animation tour was already poor compared to what it was 15 years ago.

They should be beefing up their live entertainment options during this period of construction, not eliminating anything. It will keep their guests happy and give them something to do while they wait for the new stuff.

You know, like that park down I-4 has been doing.

DisneyFans4Life

This sums the whole thing up.

Considering Club Villain is a ticketed event inside the park, why is an event that doesn't need park admission cheaper!
Hoop Dee Doo Revue is over $60 a person now. I just booked it for November and paid $67 per person. Maybe it's because of the time of year?

wannabeBelle

Hoop Dee Doo Revue is over $60 a person now. I just booked it for November and paid $67 per person. Maybe it's because of the time of year?
The Merry & Bright Dessert party is already $69 per adult so I wouldn't think that a full dinner should be less than that.Keep in mind neither one of these includes park entrance. I wouldn't pay $69.00 for the Dessert party at all and the dinner party does depend on if I get the entertainment options I am looking for. If not, I wont be paying for that either. I just booked the Hoop De Doo last night for $67.99 for Category 1 and park admission is not required and it is a great show! I think that is much more in line with the correct pricing unless some other perks are added for CV ( Specialty pin, additional entertainment etc.) Marie

Flyersgirl17

I was all excited and then i read further and was sooooo completely bummed!!! That means I'd have to pay $400 for my family on top of what I'm already paying to get into the park. Like someone else said - i thought this was suppose to be a show they were adding to DHS to offset the other stuff closing. No thanks!!! I'll pass

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
This doesn't start until January so the dance party may be done during the day and then switch over for this event in the evening or the dance party possibly may not even last that long, depending on the popularity I would think. Marie
It is going to switch mode for the Saturday night.

Zipadeelady

Hopefully they will add a bit more because $99.00 for four villains and some food is too pricey for me. o_O Now if you give me all or the majority of the Villains I'd pay. Or Yzma!! Has she every been in the parks? I'd pay to see her!!

wannabeBelle

Disney already offer this as part of meetings and weddings. .. I'm guessing it will be similar?! They have a video and images here...

Can't post the link for some reason :/ but it's on disney meetings blog - club villain

www.disneymeetings.com/blog
Thanks for that link, looks like there is a set up for a band in those pictures, we are getting closer to what I would want to see!!! Marie

DisneyFans4Life

But still $67 for a full dinner and a show at Hoop-de-doo or $198 for theme park admission, dinner and a show at DHS Club Villain?
Oh...I'm agreeing with you. I was trying to get across that a full dinner and show is less than this and park admission is not required...I apologize if that wasn't clear.

These extra ticket events don't necessarily phase me too much because we're passholders, so I'm not necessarily having to spend $200 for my wife and I to get in the park and another $200 for the dinner. As much as we go, it costs us less than $20 to get into the parks. IMO, this dinner show is priced too high at first glance. However, since no one has gone yet, we can only give our opinions based on speculation and what has been published. For all we know there are some extras included that aren't published.

It will definitely be interesting to see what the reviews look like once people start going.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom