'Club Villain' ticketed event coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in January 2016

I was initially outraged at the thought of this being a paid attraction, just as many others are, due to the fact that so much is being shuttered in DHS. However if this is looked at as a glorified Character Dining experience, and not an attraction, it is not that dissimilar from other restaurant options inside the parks. Cinderella's Royal table is over $60 a person (also outrageous) and this event is likely to be much more interactive. Personally, the price is absurd but if people are willing to pay that for Dinner and a Show it then why wouldn't Disney charge it.

Makamah

You mean like Star Wars and Toy Story Lands?
And when they open in 5 years you can charge more. But when you close half the park but raise the price not sure how that equates. They had record profits this year they don't need to raise rates 5 years in advance. Plus when is the last time Epcot got any love? Animal kingdom is getting avatar but that was announced how many years ago and still is 2 years away? How did US build Harry Potter without closing half he irk and raising prices but Disney can't do the same

dstrawn9889

And when they open in 5 years you can charge more. But when you close half the park but raise the price not sure how that equates. They had record profits this year they don't need to raise rates 5 years in advance. Plus when is the last time Epcot got any love? Animal kingdom is getting avatar but that was announced how many years ago and still is 2 years away? How did US build Harry Potter without closing half he irk and raising prices but Disney can't do the same
so point to half of the park closed...
orange open
blue closed
purple backstage

Attachments

• dhs open or closed.png
    dhs open or closed.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 132

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Because TPWMNBN is concentrating on creating a great experience, WDW is concentrating on mining cash from previous investments. I'm very afraid that it will be TPWMNBN which captures the nostalgia which brought people BACK as young adults to Disney.

My first experience at Disney was at 14 and I was AMAZED but it was a much different place then when being leading edge with service and attractions mattered to Disney, Now you can't get a kid over 8 into the place but they DO want to visit the OTHER park up I-4, Bad trend Disney.

Jon81uk

I was initially outraged at the thought of this being a paid attraction, just as many others are, due to the fact that so much is being shuttered in DHS. However if this is looked at as a glorified Character Dining experience, and not an attraction, it is not that dissimilar from other restaurant options inside the parks. Cinderella's Royal table is over $60 a person (also outrageous) and this event is likely to be much more interactive. Personally, the price is absurd but if people are willing to pay that for Dinner and a Show it then why wouldn't Disney charge it.

But Cinderella and Hoop-Dee-Doo are around $60-$70 for a full dinner and some form of entertainment. I'm not sure this party is worth $30 more

NearTheEars

But Cinderella and Hoop-Dee-Doo are around $60-$70 for a full dinner and some form of entertainment. I'm not sure this party is worth $30 more

I thought this includes food, drinks, a stage show and dancing. Seems like more offerings than dinner and a chat with a princess.

$99 worth? Not for me. But like I said earlier, if someone finds value, go and enjoy it!

Jon81uk

I thought this includes food, drinks, a stage show and dancing. Seems like more offerings than dinner and a chat with a princess.

$99 worth? Not for me. But like I said earlier, if someone finds value, go and enjoy it!

Hoop-Dee-Doo includes drinks and a full meal as well as a show. But no characters.

If Club Villian didn't need park admission then $99 would be OK. But on top of park admission, $69 would feel better.

Anyone is free to spend on what they want, but it seems like a lot to me.

NearTheEars

Hoop-Dee-Doo includes drinks and a full meal as well as a show. But no characters.

If Club Villian didn't need park admission then $99 would be OK. But on top of park admission, $69 would feel better.

Anyone is free to spend on what they want, but it seems like a lot to me.

I'm trying to avoid comparing this to Hoop Dee doo since it is outside of the park.

But agree totally that it's way too expensive for us.

prfctlyximprct

Don't know how I just stumbled on this, but this makes me sad. 99 bucks for an event that should be included in regular park admission. DHS already has nothing to hold the guests all day... why oh why are they charging extra for this? Why can't all guests be given the same chance to experience all the magic? Help a poor girl out Disney. Stop out pricing me. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Matt_Black

. DHS already has nothing to hold the guests all day...

Be honest- even with some stuff closed, there is plenty to do. Six live shows, five rides, Muppet Vision, Streetmosphere entertainment, and character meets. If you're complaining that DHS has nothing to do, you're ignoring all the stuff there is to do that you personally don't want to do, which is a bit disingenuous.

Sabrina D

Don't know how I just stumbled on this, but this makes me sad. 99 bucks for an event that should be included in regular park admission. DHS already has nothing to hold the guests all day... why oh why are they charging extra for this? Why can't all guests be given the same chance to experience all the magic? Help a poor girl out Disney. Stop out pricing me. :( :( :( :( :( :(
Why would you expect an event that includes a meal and adult beverages to be included in regular park admission?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom