• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

Animaniac93-98

The worst thing that can be said about the new Club 33 at Disneyland is that it looks more like Disney Cruise Line than New Orleans Square. The whole appeal, to me at least, was that it was a somewhat hidden space that fit the scale and charm of WED's original design and was a product of that era. Now its huge and kind of ugly IMO and not terribly special. How it affected the rest of NOS is just insult to injury.

Old Mouseketeer

Premium Member
The worst thing that can be said about the new Club 33 at Disneyland is that it looks more like Disney Cruise Line than New Orleans Square. The whole appeal, to me at least, was that it was a somewhat hidden space that fit the scale and charm of WED's original design and was a product of that era. Now its huge and kind of ugly IMO and not terribly special. How it affected the rest of NOS is just insult to injury.
Everyone complains about the giant off-center window above Cafe Orleans. I don't really see the need for it from the inside architecturally, but it doesn't offend me that much on the outside. The windows on the bumpout above Crystal d'Orleans, however, are completely out of scale with that alley. I'm not thrilled about the loss of the Angels Court, but I'm even more critical of the loss of the original entrance and lobby.

Movielover

Because I know I'll never get into these locations I'm not getting myself worked up over how they look. The only way I could get jealous was if they went 200% out of their way to make awesome themed expirences. Like if the DHS location was a film buff's dream by having tons of historical props and related items I would legit be robbing a bank right now...

mason1965

A lot of focus from people seems to be about "the club" or "the lounges" physically with Club 33, and not enough focus on the other benefits (many of which are better than what is rumored online for the WDW Club 33). Sure, you want nice spaces to hang out in, but that $15k/year goes to a lot more than just lounge/club access. In fact, I would say, most of the value for the cost is actually in the other benefits of being member, and not necessarily the physical spaces. But I do realize something you can see/touch is enticing to people. I have been to both open clubs in WDW once each with a friend (Epcot and Hollywood Studios) and they are both fabulous. Much better than what the Epcot leaked picture shows for sure.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

Because I know I'll never get into these locations I'm not getting myself worked up over how they look. The only way I could get jealous was if they went 200% out of their way to make awesome themed expirences. Like if the DHS location was a film buff's dream by having tons of historical props and related items I would legit be robbing a bank right now...
Sounds like what a WDW Club 33 absolutely SHOULD be.

It still astounds me the way they trampled over history with the recent Club 33 renovations at Disneyland, as that had to be at least half the appeal of the Club in the first place. All the worse that a genuine, full-feeling sophisticated design was replaced by one that is very acutely and accurately described above as Cruise Line. Faux-phisticated.

If WDW is to have one or several clubs, being that they are without history to sell on they should completely be tremendous experiences. The way Disneyland's Club offered for years an experience on par with the finery of an upscale New Orleans experience, these locations should be utterly dripping with the richest splendor of their respective areas. You could do something monumental with an affluent-type lounge in the Hollywood Brown Derby, and I can't think why The American Adventure offers any less of such an opportunity.

I think you hit the nail on the head. In order for these new Clubs to be special the way the original was they should really, really be earning it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom