• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

Timothy_Q

Advertisement
Might be time to change the name of the company if said company doesn't wish to stick to the original ideals that made the company beloved in the first place, don't you think?
Recreating a Disneyland-original concept at WDW is not "sticking to the original ideals"? lol ok

Don't mind every other restaurant, ride and land built at WDW that were originally from Disneyland.

Last edited:

trojanjustin

The picture of the space looks more appropriate for DHS, as that look would certainly fit alongside the Brown Derby. I wonder how certain they are of the location?
The new lounge they added at Disneyland's Club 33 looks like a chain restaurant, so WDI hasn't been on their best form lately.

castlecake2.0

first thought: I dont like it at all.

second thought: looking and thinking about it closer... the World Showcase pavilions are supposed to reflect a certain time period in the host nation's history that highlights the country in its coming of age so to speak. Originally the colonial motif along with the cast member costumes set the American Adventure's time period around Independence. In 2012 the costumes were changed to more tour guide looking than colonial, which made the pavilion more fluid in time period options. Now looking at this 40's style design of the club, it could be argued the pavilions time period is now more set in a WW2 era, which is also an important time period of that country.

Surfin' Tuna

It is indeed the Epcot location, but the DHS is not all that much more inspired. There are some features that will make the Epcot lounge a lot "cooler," but they are not shown in his picture. Of the two, Epcot is definitely nicer. IIRC it is a nautical or cruising theme in Epcot.

Old Mouseketeer

Premium Member
It is indeed the Epcot location, but the DHS is not all that much more inspired. There are some features that will make the Epcot lounge a lot "cooler," but they are not shown in his picture. Of the two, Epcot is definitely nicer. IIRC it is a nautical or cruising theme in Epcot.
I still haven't found it. < sigh >

RobotWolf

The wood furniture looks great. But the columns and walls look artificial. The Walt photo is outstanding.

Surfin' Tuna

The Walt photos are supposed to be the best part from what I hear. Lots of personal photos of him traveling and on cruises just being Walt. At least they are still letting Walt in one part of the parks.

GiveMeTheMusic

Walt Disney Imagineers spent years researching the type of cigarette Walt smoked so that, for an extra upcharge, you can have the scent piped into the room for that extra layer of authenticity. Gotta love the Disney detail!
Discerning Disneyphiles will want to order a signature cocktail from the bar, "The Walt": a glass of neat whiskey garnished with two used cigarette butts

TP2000

The new lounge they added at Disneyland's Club 33 looks like a chain restaurant, so WDI hasn't been on their best form lately.
I love to laugh at the cheesy Darden Corporation and their microwaved slop chain restaurants as much as the next guy (which is dangerous when you're in Orlando), but you lost me at "chain restaurant".

I can't think of any chain restaurant that looks like Salon Nouveau at Disneyland's Club 33.

And that's just the bar and waiting area to lounge in before your dinner reservation in the actual Club 33 Dining Room.

Passing by Mrs. Disney's antique harpsichord before you get to the dining room, naturally...

I just can't think of any "chain restaurant" that looks like any of that. Anywhere.

Last edited:
Top Bottom