News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

yensidtlaw1969

Because I know I'll never get into these locations I'm not getting myself worked up over how they look. The only way I could get jealous was if they went 200% out of their way to make awesome themed expirences. Like if the DHS location was a film buff's dream by having tons of historical props and related items I would legit be robbing a bank right now...
Sounds like what a WDW Club 33 absolutely SHOULD be.

It still astounds me the way they trampled over history with the recent Club 33 renovations at Disneyland, as that had to be at least half the appeal of the Club in the first place. All the worse that a genuine, full-feeling sophisticated design was replaced by one that is very acutely and accurately described above as Cruise Line. Faux-phisticated.

If WDW is to have one or several clubs, being that they are without history to sell on they should completely be tremendous experiences. The way Disneyland's Club offered for years an experience on par with the finery of an upscale New Orleans experience, these locations should be utterly dripping with the richest splendor of their respective areas. You could do something monumental with an affluent-type lounge in the Hollywood Brown Derby, and I can't think why The American Adventure offers any less of such an opportunity.

I think you hit the nail on the head. In order for these new Clubs to be special the way the original was they should really, really be earning it.

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

I was given more information on the current WDW 33 locations as well as the future lounges, and I have to say, I recant my previous criticisms. They're really doing an incredible job with these spaces, but the photography rules are so strict I'm not sure when, if ever, us peasants will get a good look at them. If a photo is posted online and traced back to a member (even if their guest took the photo), the membership can be revoked. Needless to say, no one wants to test that policy.

While the lounges aren't exactly what I would have predicted or expected, they are, IMO, spectacular in their own right. Find some rich Disney fans and make friends so you can take a peek inside.

TP2000

I was given more information on the current WDW 33 locations as well as the future lounges, and I have to say, I recant my previous criticisms. They're really doing an incredible job with these spaces, but the photography rules are so strict I'm not sure when, if ever, us peasants will get a good look at them. If a photo is posted online and traced back to a member (even if their guest took the photo), the membership can be revoked. Needless to say, no one wants to test that policy.

While the lounges aren't exactly what I would have predicted or expected, they are, IMO, spectacular in their own right. Find some rich Disney fans and make friends so you can take a peek inside.

Any idea when they'll get a real restaurant with a proper dining room in one of the WDW locations?

doctornick

So between Pandora and FoLK

Interesting choice. If it's just the Club 33 building then it tends to violate the "hidden in plain sight" type of vibe they have had where they are integrated into other structures and difficult to recognize they are there. So, I wonder if anything will be build along with it that will be actual ordinary guest use -- perhaps a new restaurant on the ground floor and Club 33 above?

Plenty of space there for a full restaurant and not just a lounge if they want to go that route...

pdude81

Was there any indication of when the Magic Kingdom location will open? I assume they will send out a bunch more invitations as there is more capacity

GiveMeTheMusic

Was there any indication of when the Magic Kingdom location will open? I assume they will send out a bunch more invitations as there is more capacity

The MK lounge is due to open by the end of the year. No date released yet that I know of.

Opening the MK/DAK lounges won’t result in more invitations going out. Current membership levels and allowances are based on all four lounges being open, but membership is a slow process. It’s not like on day one 10,000 people paid their money and got their member cards.

They may find once all four are open that they can comfortably take more members. They’re taking it slow and one step at a time, which is a good thing.

mason1965

The DHS Club 33 does have some movie props and photos in it. That's all I can say about that.

Also, a restaurant is not needed in my opinion, and would allow too many non-member guests to come in more often. It's one of the major complaints about the Disneyland Club 33 that the WDW Club 33 is trying to avoid, from what I understand.

MK opens in September most likely, could be October if there are delays.

doctornick

Also, a restaurant is not needed in my opinion, and would allow too many non-member guests to come in more often. It's one of the major complaints about the Disneyland Club 33 that the WDW Club 33 is trying to avoid, from what I understand.

I thought a major selling point of Club 33 was the ability to bring in guests and "wine and dine" them, especially for businesses. Granted the potential clientele is probably somewhat different in central Florida versus the LA area. It sounds like this meant to be more like a private "members only" country club.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom