News Club 33 coming to Walt Disney World this Fall

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That bar and the back wall with inlays look fabulous, but all of that furniture looks really uncomfortable.

What's that image from, a movie set?

Yeah, they need to add overstuffed cloth or genuine leather upholstery to everything to complete it.

EPCOTCenterLover

I love to laugh at the cheesy Darden Corporation and their microwaved slop chain restaurants as much as the next guy (which is dangerous when you're in Orlando), but you lost me at "chain restaurant".

I can't think of any chain restaurant that looks like Salon Nouveau at Disneyland's Club 33.

07d1fd49d6d5ae4c2ed8d0340154a7f0.jpg

Club%2033%202015%20Daveland%20Web%2036.jpg

And that's just the bar and waiting area to lounge in before your dinner reservation in the actual Club 33 Dining Room.

Passing by Mrs. Disney's antique harpsichord before you get to the dining room, naturally...

04ba6701392c6c480e0ce06759003257.jpg

club-33-new-look-disneyland-022-620x423.jpg

I just can't think of any "chain restaurant" that looks like any of that. Anywhere.
Is this Disneyland or Disneyland Paris?

TP2000

Is this Disneyland or Disneyland Paris?

Disneyland USA.

There is no Club 33 in Paris.

There is a Club 33 in Tokyo, which adheres most closely to the Anaheim model, with cocktails and a formal dining room and a years-long waiting list that requires background checks and tight interviews of prospective members.

There is also a Club 33 in Shanghai, but I’ve heard it’s a one-off model aimed at Communist Party bureaucrats and their favored friends. Walt would lose it over that inconvenient truth.

The Club 33 in WDW is something else entirely. It’s annual dues are dramatically cheaper than Anaheim at only $15,000, and they have padded the membership with folks who bought homes in Golden Oak. WDW only offers cocktails and tapas in small lounge areas and has absolutely no reciprocity witn the real Club 33 in Anaheim.

GiveMeTheMusic

Disneyland USA.

There is a Club 33 in Tokyo, which adheres most closely to the Anaheim model, with cocktails and a formal dining room and a years-long waiting list that requires background checks and tight interviews of prospective members.

There is also a Club 33 in Shanghai, but I’ve heard it’s a one-off model aimed at Communist Party bureaucrats and their favored friends. Walt would lose it over that inconvenient truth.

The Club 33 in WDW is something else entirely. It’s annual dues are dramatically cheaper than Anaheim at only $15,000, and they have padded the membership with folks who bought homes in Golden Oak. WDW only offers cocktails and tapas in small lounge areas and has absolutely no reciprocity witn the real Club 33 in Anaheim.

Getting into Club 33 in Shanghai is easy if you know a Cast Member there. It's so sparsely attended cast is able to take people into the club whenever.

The Anaheim dues are about $15K a year as well - it's the initiation fee that is upwards of $40K last I heard.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disneyland USA.

I presume in the interviews they ask such questions as: What side of a table setting should go the forks and what types of forks and in which order should they be placed?

Castle Cake Apologist

I love to laugh at the cheesy Darden Corporation and their microwaved slop chain restaurants as much as the next guy (which is dangerous when you're in Orlando), but you lost me at "chain restaurant".

I can't think of any chain restaurant that looks like Salon Nouveau at Disneyland's Club 33.

07d1fd49d6d5ae4c2ed8d0340154a7f0.jpg

Club%2033%202015%20Daveland%20Web%2036.jpg

And that's just the bar and waiting area to lounge in before your dinner reservation in the actual Club 33 Dining Room.

Passing by Mrs. Disney's antique harpsichord before you get to the dining room, naturally...

04ba6701392c6c480e0ce06759003257.jpg

club-33-new-look-disneyland-022-620x423.jpg

I just can't think of any "chain restaurant" that looks like any of that. Anywhere.

But was it worth wrecking NOS and sealing off The Court of Angels from guests?

Animaniac93-98

The worst thing that can be said about the new Club 33 at Disneyland is that it looks more like Disney Cruise Line than New Orleans Square. The whole appeal, to me at least, was that it was a somewhat hidden space that fit the scale and charm of WED's original design and was a product of that era. Now its huge and kind of ugly IMO and not terribly special. How it affected the rest of NOS is just insult to injury.

Old Mouseketeer

The worst thing that can be said about the new Club 33 at Disneyland is that it looks more like Disney Cruise Line than New Orleans Square. The whole appeal, to me at least, was that it was a somewhat hidden space that fit the scale and charm of WED's original design and was a product of that era. Now its huge and kind of ugly IMO and not terribly special. How it affected the rest of NOS is just insult to injury.

Everyone complains about the giant off-center window above Cafe Orleans. I don't really see the need for it from the inside architecturally, but it doesn't offend me that much on the outside. The windows on the bumpout above Crystal d'Orleans, however, are completely out of scale with that alley. I'm not thrilled about the loss of the Angels Court, but I'm even more critical of the loss of the original entrance and lobby.

Movielover

Because I know I'll never get into these locations I'm not getting myself worked up over how they look. The only way I could get jealous was if they went 200% out of their way to make awesome themed expirences. Like if the DHS location was a film buff's dream by having tons of historical props and related items I would legit be robbing a bank right now...

mason1965

A lot of focus from people seems to be about "the club" or "the lounges" physically with Club 33, and not enough focus on the other benefits (many of which are better than what is rumored online for the WDW Club 33). Sure, you want nice spaces to hang out in, but that $15k/year goes to a lot more than just lounge/club access. In fact, I would say, most of the value for the cost is actually in the other benefits of being member, and not necessarily the physical spaces. But I do realize something you can see/touch is enticing to people. I have been to both open clubs in WDW once each with a friend (Epcot and Hollywood Studios) and they are both fabulous. Much better than what the Epcot leaked picture shows for sure.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom