Christmas Parade Taping

njroots

Parade taping

Does anyone have Info on the link ... I am not sure what link people are
talking about. If anyone does have it could you send it.

Thank you.
Caryn

Figment1986

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to let you all know that the parade filming is extremely small this year. I actually perform in the parade for all the christmas parties and our unit isn't being filmed on the 6th.

It happens... I know one year (a few years ago when it was still used) the showboat wasn't taped but they used the previous years footage with a new voice over... they may want to speed up taping and do that some some of the units this year...

Todd L

Thank you Pat. Does anyone here think that maybe this is an economic issue? I am no Disney expert but I would imagine plans for these events are usally set months in advance.

mickeyandminnie

And as for whoever states they've received a link from lightship/harborlight, that is misinformation, as it has not even been given to the one person who gets it before its released to the contacts on the persons distribution list.:xmas:
Just someone trying to stir things up and see if they can get everyone worked up. :fork:
Thank you for the time and thought you have put into this. :) You could have easily said "why bother" and moved on. :xmas:

RSoxNo1

We would like to avoid the taping if possible, but the Kingdom is open until midnight that Saturday. Does anyone know what time the taping usually stops?

suziq143

A Huge Thank you!

I just wanted to give you a huge thank you for staying up on everything for us Pat.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Suz

Figment1986

if I am not mistaken the daily parade is around 5pm that day, so I am assuming that taping will end around 3 or 4pm. Not exactly sure though.:xmas:

Usually though it's not the Daily parade, but the Once Upon A Christmastime Parade shown to day guests in its whole that day... unless of course they changed their decision from past years... and would rather show the normal 3 o'clock parade in the evening instead.

BellaBoo

Thanks Patrick!!

I agree! Thanks so much Patrick for sticking with us all! It's been a confusing year with all the changes and rumors and I'm so glad you have a trusted contact!! Thank you! Thank you!! :wave:

CentralFLgirl

I just saw this on another website... does that mean paid guest in the park already or any one who shows up that day? Or is this bologna?!

Christmas Parade taping to be open to all
Nov 20, 2008

It is being reported that the Disney Christmas Day parade taping at the Magic Kingdom will be open to all visitors. Scheduled for December 5 and 6, this event will allow all guests, space permitting, to take part in the filming.

In the past, tickets for reserved sections of Main Street and in front of the castle were given to Disney World annual passholders, with the remaining tickets distributed by Lightship Entertainment. These passes included free admission that day. This procedure will not take place this year.

The parade taping involves long waits. The floats are frequently stopped and restarted and performers often repeat their routines while proper camera placement is being worked out.

Disney has yet to announce which celebrities will be appearing in this year's production.

Just found this on the Orlando Sentinel website...

Tickets for the annual Walt Disney World Christmas Day parade taping will not be distributed to passholders, or the general public, a Disney rep told me. Instead, anyone visiting the Magic Kingdom with a valid ticket can view the taping if space permits. In the past, a passholder giveaway distributed tickets for reserved areas in front of the castle and along Main Street. Then, Lightship Entertainment handed out the remaining tickets, which included free admission to the park, to the general public.

jiddng

I just saw this on another website... does that mean paid guest in the park already or any one who shows up that day? Or is this bologna?!

Christmas Parade taping to be open to all
Nov 20, 2008

It is being reported that the Disney Christmas Day parade taping at the Magic Kingdom will be open to all visitors. Scheduled for December 5 and 6, this event will allow all guests, space permitting, to take part in the filming.

In the past, tickets for reserved sections of Main Street and in front of the castle were given to Disney World annual passholders, with the remaining tickets distributed by Lightship Entertainment. These passes included free admission that day. This procedure will not take place this year.

The parade taping involves long waits. The floats are frequently stopped and restarted and performers often repeat their routines while proper camera placement is being worked out.

Disney has yet to announce which celebrities will be appearing in this year's production.

Just found this on the Orlando Sentinel website...

Tickets for the annual Walt Disney World Christmas Day parade taping will not be distributed to passholders, or the general public, a Disney rep told me. Instead, anyone visiting the Magic Kingdom with a valid ticket can view the taping if space permits. In the past, a passholder giveaway distributed tickets for reserved areas in front of the castle and along Main Street. Then, Lightship Entertainment handed out the remaining tickets, which included free admission to the park, to the general public.

I found this article in the Orlando Sentinel, too. It was in their "blog" section, posted by Kristin Ford. Not sure if this constitutes an official Disney announcement.

markc

As of this morning, 11/25/08. Disney IT still has not released the link. This information I just got from my contact @ 1449. I know this keeps getting put off but it will eventually be released. Sorry to keep people on their toes. I'll update as I hear more.

Thanks,
Patrick

Patrick, by no means am I calling you a liar, but I think at this point, your contact is pulling your chain. All the sources I've heard from (the production company, and Guest Relations) have stated that no signups will be done this year. IF there was a link, it'd be out by now.

markc

Markc,

I am dealing with the production company and the individual that has done the audience participation in the past working with the production company.

Thanks,
Patrick

Who is telling you this at the production company? A good friend of mine with the production company (without revealing their title, pretty much is one of the head people in charge of producing it) has told me the opposite of what you are stating. And Disney just stated officially to the Orlando Sentinel what I had said - there is no list and no link. :shrug: It's a first come first serve for paying guests.

tiggerinbama

hello everyone

ok, before this gets ugly, I have a couple of things that I would like to say.

First of all, Everyone that is a passholder, are also paying guests, especially if you live out of the state of Flordia!

All paying guest have always be able to view the taping. The only benefit the audience gets are roped off spots for the veiwing, and as the audience leaves (which they do), the regular guest get to go in their spots.

I am a DVC member and a passholder! I pay alot of money to go to disney (more than the regular one trip person). I like the idea that they give us special things to do and be a part of the magic. That's one of the perks.

The whole reason behind giving out free tickets to the taping, was so people would stay for the whole taping(as audience members), which most didn't do.
Audience members in most productions are cast as extras and usually paid to do it(Disney doesn't pay them to do this!) The production people offer the free tickets for payment for thier services rendered, so they get to enjoy the rest of the park after the taping is over. There are two different entities here. They are trying something different this year.

As you stand there and a star is on stage people can be and are rude, you get pushed, and shoved and kids are sleeping or lying down on the ground and people having to step over them and you are having to stand the whole time of the taping, which usually last for 7 to 8 hours if not longer. maybe this was causing a problem, because it's not suppose to be this way.

Disney was going to tape on Nov. 29th and Dec 6th, at first and they couldn't, or disney decided not too. This information was out later than usual, and wasn't decided on until sometime in early NOV. Just the last two or thee weeks, has it returned to the Dec 5th and 6th. This is how fast things are planned, and with everyone's schedules it might of needed changing. Who knows? however, It's tradtion for it to be the first weekend in Dec.
here are the inks
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/2008/11/2008-walt-disne.html

here is the other one http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/features_orlando/2008/11/changes-to-walt.html

I do know they same thing happened in Disneyland this year and it wasn't announced early either.The announcement was a few days before the taping, because the jonas brothers were going to be there and I believe they are doing this for crowd control. If you've ever been to a jonas brothers concert you will know what I mean. the crowd can become very unrulely very quickly.

As information from a friend The cast are also not allowed in either this year, unless they pay. This is also different!

Their might be an annoucement I have no clue.

I have also recieved an email from lightship as well. It's very strange this year, in late September I email them about the tickets and I was told to keep checking the site. I did, and then the site said for taping of the wdw christmas parade check back soon. Then it had just an email addy in it spot. What's up with that?
Yes, it is very strange and different this year, we just have to wait and see, and if Patrick has information and is willing to share it I think it's great. I'm a grown adult and I can decide to at least give him the benefit of a doubt. If it turns out he doesn't have any information it's no big deal.

Here is the lastest information http://realitytvwebsite.com/Reality...gis-Philbin-Kelly-Ripa-And-Ryan-Seacrest.html

suziq143

I'm with tiggerinbama!

If it happens, it happens. It would be wonderful to go and see the Magic of Disney at is best again this year, although I personally have to take xanax that day because of the crowds..... My children love it and are old enough to know when and where mom will be (usually circling around on Tom Sawyers River Boat!) HAHA

If Pat has any information, whether it's good, bad, or other, it's all appreciated!

Blessings to all and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

Suzi

Figment1986

Things are different this year, in regard to the taping of the parade!! I will not directly be signing people up. Rather, you will need to go to a web-site. (link below)

When you get to the web-site, PLEASE READ EVERYTHING VERY CAREFULLY!! It may be tedious but, the information is important for you to know. Keep in mind that the link will require you to fill out information, as if you are purchasing tickets. However in the end, there is no charge. You just have to go through the steps...including printing out your own "tickets."

AS I PROMISED!!!

HERE IS THE INFORMATION AND THE LINK FOR DECEMBER 6th. I AM SORRY, I AM OUT OF TOWN AND DON'T HAVE THE MEANS TO PM EVERYONE. BUT HERE IT IS!!! ENJOY AND HAVE A MAGICAL HOLIDAY WEEKEND!!! :xmas:

Besides sending out this link, I will have nothing to do with the signing up process. You will be getting all of your information, from the official web-site link below.

If you are able to participate, don't forget to dress in your favorite holiday colors!! Make this the best taping ever!!

Best wishes for a safe and beautiful holiday season!!

12/6 Event
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/offerDetail?id=1206CDPOfferPage

What about for the Castle Stage show recording on 12/5

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom