Changes at DTD

jt04

Yes, they'll be backing out of the popular Toy Line, instantly, seeing that that line has already been in production and highly anticipated for quite a few years.

Jump on any Lego Board. :lol: I used to spend a good amount of my time over on a few.

What are you talking about? :rolleyes::lol: I have never mentioned the toy line, just the location of the Lego store at DTD. Try to keep up EE.

Meanwhile, "Hedwig's Theme" plays outside of the GMR, and Harry Potter merch IS sold at the UK Pavillion.

And only at the UK pavilion in very limited ammounts. The proverbial "exception to every rule". That is why you can buy Tower of Terror t-shirts at the Spidermad ride shop. Oh wait....

In the post where you said "I think Disney wants stores at DTD that sell Disney products." I stopped reading after that because I figured it was written by someone who has no idea what they're talking about. DTD isn't supposed to be a Disney-only shopping mall. It's supposed to be an exciting place to shop.

I don't see more Disney merchandise as "Bold and New" as someone always likes to parrot over and over.

That doesn't mean that isn't what Disney will do though. Unless there was a coup overnight and you run the place now. Your personal opinion is probably not going to be the deciding factor otherwise. Ego much?

Big difference. PIXAR movies are benefited from a mutual relationship with Disney as a family brand. "Disney's Marvel" would scare people away and for good reason.

No, no more that Spiderman did that. Marvel is solidly intended for the teen and above demographic. The mouse didn't pay billions for something that will turn off the fan base. They will do a great job with it IMO.

SirGoofy

That doesn't mean that isn't what Disney will do though. Unless there was a coup overnight and you run the place now. Your personal opinion is probably not going to be the deciding factor otherwise. Ego much?

Nope, I just know making DTD "Disney only" would be a mistake.

Bold and New!:king:

EPCOT Explorer

What are you talking about? :rolleyes::lol: I have never mentioned the toy line, just the location of the Lego store at DTD. Try to keep up EE.

YOU keep up. You obviously have no idea about the Disney/Toy Story/Lego deal. There are obvious implications with the DTDISNEY location and the Lego partnership. :wave:

jt04

YOU keep up. You obviously have no idea about the Disney/Toy Story/Lego deal. There are obvious implications with the DTDISNEY location and the Lego partnership. :wave:

Possibly in the long term yes. But it would take a long time for it to reach that point. Now where do you think a Lego store would most likely be found in a few years? DTD or Citywalk?

EPCOT Explorer

Possibly in the long term yes. But it would take a long time for it to reach that point. Now where do you think a Lego store would most likely be found in a few years? DTD or Citywalk?

:rolleyes:

Disney, seeing that they've had a VERY good relationship with them there.

Besides, Lego has other lines that relate to Disney AND Uni. Don't see your point.

jt04

:rolleyes:

Disney, seeing that they've had a VERY good relationship with them there.

Besides, Lego has other lines that relate to Disney AND Uni. Don't see your point.

It could become rather competitive, that is all. Where different media giants have their own lines of merchandise that compete rather vigorously. This certainly seems to be the trend. It's possible Disney was trying to build a bridge and court Lego, or the other way around. But these things can sour quickly and the bridge may have been burned yesterday.

But that conjecture does not change my original point. Disney and Lego's are probably not a long term pertnership for DTD.

EPCOT Explorer

It could become rather competitive, that is all. Where different media giants have their own lines of merchandise that compete rather vigorously. This certainly seems to be the trend. It's possible Disney was trying to build a bridge and court Lego, or the other way around. But these things can sour quickly and the bridge may have been burned yesterday.

But that conjecture does not change my original point. Disney and Lego's are probably not a long term pertnership for DTD.

:lol:

Doubt it. Disney and Lego have been in DTD for a while now. At least 15 years.

MousDad

Sorry, jt, but your deader-than-a-hammer wrong about this one.

I have to confess that the above post I made has been weighing heavily on my mind all day. Rarely am I regretful over words I put on the screen, and what possible adverse effect they may have on people - real, honest, hard working people who just happen to post on message boards.

So in the best interest of all, and in the hopes of maintaining good will and not hurting anyone's feelings. I am prepared to correct the error of my statement given above.

It is therefore with much contrition that I offer the following [suck it up MousDad, you can do it] heartfelt apology:

[siiigghhhh]

For those innocent readers who, because of the last 3 words in my post above, have mistakenly been given the impression that jt has ever been right about anything, I deeply and sincerely apologize.

jt04

I have to confess that the above post I made has been weighing heavily on my mind all day. Rarely am I regretful over words I put on the screen, and what possible adverse effect they may have on people - real, honest, hard working people who just happen to post on message boards.

So in the best interest of all, and in the hopes of maintaining good will and not hurting anyone's feelings. I am prepared to correct the error of my statement given above.

It is therefore with much contrition that I offer the following [suck it up MousDad, you can do it] heartfelt apology:

[siiigghhhh]

For those innocent readers who, because of the last 3 words in my post above, have mistakenly been given the impression that jt has ever been right about anything, I deeply and sincerely apologize.

Mousedad is always right. :lookaroun

Mouse Detective

It's not been any secret that the Legoland folks were searching the area for a possible theme park site. The Orlando Sentinel had something about it a few months ago. And surely, even without the press, the big boys all know what their competitors are up to. So though this announcement might be a surprise to the general public, I doubt it was a surprise to Disney or Universal. And while Legoland offers competition to some extent, anything that draws more tourists to Orlando is a good thing for everyone else.

As long as the Lego store isn't selling theme park tickets to Legoland (which isn't going to happen), I really doubt that they're going to be asked to leave DTD. The store is just too much of a draw.

jt04

It's not been any secret that the Legoland folks were searching the area for a possible theme park site. The Orlando Sentinel had something about it a few months ago. And surely, even without the press, the big boys all know what their competitors are up to. So though this announcement might be a surprise to the general public, I doubt it was a surprise to Disney or Universal. And while Legoland offers competition to some extent, anything that draws more tourists to Orlando is a good thing for everyone else.

As long as the Lego store isn't selling theme park tickets to Legoland (which isn't going to happen), I really doubt that they're going to be asked to leave DTD. The store is just too much of a draw.

I'm just thinking the relationship with Merlin and Blackstone will end up making Lego almost a subsidiary. I wouldn't be suprised if they bought Lego. Especially if you see Universal/Sea World/Legoland create a flexpass. I think Lego would pull out of DTD and relocate to Citywalk. In any case, it sure will be fun to watch all this get worked out. The layers of competing interests and undercurrents are the stuff of great drama. I see books being written about it all someday. Too bad others can't see it because it sure is entertaining.

I love how everyone thinks nothing is going to change. :lol:

WDW1974

I'm just thinking the relationship with Merlin and Blackstone will end up making Lego almost a subsidiary. I wouldn't be suprised if they bought Lego. Especially if you see Universal/Sea World/Legoland create a flexpass. I think Lego would pull out of DTD and relocate to Citywalk. In any case, it sure will be fun to watch all this get worked out. The layers of competing interests and undercurrents are the stuff of great drama. I see books being written about it all someday. Too bad others can't see it because it sure is entertaining.

Well, this just proves even JT can be right every once in a milennium.

Oh, not about Lego leaving DD. Not happening anymore than Spidey and Hulk leaving IOA.

But things are going to change and in a big way because Disney has been complacent for the last decade and it finally has competition -- and competition that is willing to spend money and invest in its products.

So ... just sit back and look at all:rolleyes: that:rolleyes: Disney:rolleyes: is doing in 2010 ... and right on into 2011 and beyond and realize it's about to bite them on the collective .

And all the constuction walls with Walt quotes and new planters and urinals won't help them any ... and neither will the pixies arriving in 2013 or beyond.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Thats because unlike you they are not visionaries.

jt04

Thats because unlike you they are not visionaries.

"mousedetective" obviously is. And now wdw74 has finally seen the light. It was tough dragging him to the truth but it appears he's finally there. He's gotta work on his logic though. Because if the big theme park battle of central Florida is indeed underway, then the Lego store and Marvel at IoA will not remain uninvolved in it.

Way to go Blackstone! :sohappy:

May the best visionaries win. :king:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
"mousedetective" obviously is. And now wdw74 has finally seen the light. It was tough dragging him to the truth but it appears he's finally there. He's gotta work on his logic though. Because if the big theme park battle of central Florida is indeed underway, then the Lego store and Marvel at IoA will not remain uninvolved in it.

Way to go Blackstone! :sohappy:

May the best visionaries win. :king:

At the risk of pandering to your inner (or should that be outer) attention nature, what youve just posted is the polar opposite to what 74 posted, so dont see how it any way agrees with your latest speculative ramblings.

However having experienced various Legoland over the years its my experience that their target audience is the same as those currently focussed on by the Disney Marketing Junta. Best get those fairy meet n greets up and running quick then if you are a visionary, however given the comments by the venture capatalists it appears that you may again just be bumping your gums based on the voices in your head rather than any genuine attributable comments by those directly involved.
And no where can I find anyone talking about Marvel, well apart from the Disney Purist Gestapo (Death to Universal or Glory Divison)

As for visionary, the only thing you are capable of seeing is your reflection as you stare lovingly in the mirror.

WDW Vacationer

Disney will not shut down the Lego store. They do not compete directly!

Besides,most people who visit DtD are already into their WDW vacation. Also,there is a LegoLand in CA and a Lego store in DL.

jt04

At the risk of pandering to your inner (or should that be outer) attention nature, what youve just posted is the polar opposite to what 74 posted, so dont see how it any way agrees with your latest speculative ramblings.

However having experienced various Legoland over the years its my experience that their target audience is the same as those currently focussed on by the Disney Marketing Junta. Best get those fairy meet n greets up and running quick then if you are a visionary, however given the comments by the venture capatalists it appears that you may again just be bumping your gums based on the voices in your head rather than any genuine attributable comments by those directly involved.
And no where can I find anyone talking about Marvel, well apart from the Disney Purist Gestapo (Death to Universal or Glory Divison)

As for visionary, the only thing you are capable of seeing is your reflection as you stare lovingly in the mirror.

Yes, Legoland (Blackstone) is going after Disney's market audience. I couldn't have been clearer in making this point. 74 agreed with me.

I realize many in Europe are no longer schooled in the art of capitilism but surely it can't be this bad.

Let competition commence! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom