Changes at DTD

jt04

Since I highly expect the Lego store to leave, I'm thinking that space maybe perfectly suited for some Marvelousness.

Anyway, anyone thinking that DTD might not be heavily weighted to attracting families in the future might want to reconsider now that Legoland is going to Cypress Gardens. The alternatives to WDW are now reaching critical mass. Disney will respond to the news.

EPCOT Explorer

Since I highly expect the Lego store to leave, I'm thinking that space maybe perfectly suited for some Marvelousness.

Anyway, anyone thinking that DTD might not be heavily weighted to attracting families in the future might want to reconsider now that Legoland is going to Cypress Gardens. The alternatives to WDW are now reaching critical mass. Disney will respond to the news.

No, I don't think they can back out of a contract...I THINK (not sure.) that they have one. Besides, the whole CG buyout isn't as big as you'd make it out to be. did you read what Steve said?

jt04

No, I don't think they can back out of a contract...I THINK (not sure.) that they have one. Besides, the whole CG buyout isn't as big as you'd make it out to be. did you read what Steve said?

Yes. Did you read my response? Steve is from the UK. With all due respect, he don't know Florida like I know Florida.

By the way, I'm thinking Lego and Disney will agree to part on friendly terms. I mean I'm sure Lego will stay if Disney let's them. That way they could put up some nice signs directing people to Winter Haven. :lookaroun:lol:

AndrewRnR

I'm confused... what does Merlin buying Cypress Gardens have to do with the DTD Lego store? Did everyone forget DTD in CA has a Lego store and there is a Legoland a hour down the 5. The store and parks have very little connection.

And if it matters... Lego only owns a small share of the parks. Again I ask why does anyone think a potential park will affect the store?

Figment1986

Lego probably would not leave DTD for a long time... They have great foot traffic and not to mention it would take some time to rebuild cypress gardens if it is their intention to transform it into legoland fla.

jt04

Lego probably would not leave DTD for a long time... They have great foot traffic and not to mention it would take some time to rebuild cypress gardens if it is their intention to transform it into legoland fla.

I can't imagine they wouldn't it is so perfect for a Legoland. And many of the gardens and buildings are in place from a recent upgrade that didn't pan out. But I'm convinced a Legoland would work. By the way, it's only about 30 miles from WDW to Cypress Gardens.

Figment1986

Disney may be using the hitikers guide to the galaxy for PI's plans
"But Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months."

"Oh yes, well as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn't exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody or anything."

"But the plans were on display ..."

"On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them."

"That's the display department."

"With a flashlight."

"Ah, well the lights had probably gone."

"So had the stairs."

"But look, you found the notice didn't you?"

"Yes," said Arthur, "yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of the Leopard'."

jt04

I'm confused... what does Merlin buying Cypress Gardens have to do with the DTD Lego store? Did everyone forget DTD in CA has a Lego store and there is a Legoland a hour down the 5. The store and parks have very little connection.

And if it matters... Lego only owns a small share of the parks. Again I ask why does anyone think a potential park will affect the store?

Do you think Disney would let Universal or Sea World operate a store on Disney property where they could entice guests off Disney property? No way.

Imagine if the Lego store sold tickets to Legoland. :eek::lol:
The mouse would never, and I mean never, let that happen. I'd be suprised if they are even allowed to stay because the store will remind people of Legoland.

CaptainMichael

Do you think Disney would let Universal or Sea World operate a store on Disney property where they could entice guests off Disney property? No way.

The mouse would never, and I mean never, let that happen. I'd be suprised if they are even allowed to stay because the store will remind people of Legoland.

I've heard this argument before (cough*Marvel*cough) and it still doesn't hold water.

MousDad

The relationship between Lego and Disney is better now than it ever has been. There is no way the Lego store in DTD will close - it's a retail relationship, not a rights relationship.

Sorry, jt, but your deader-than-a-hammer wrong about this one.

jt04

The relationship between Lego and Disney is better now than it ever has been. There is no way the Lego store in DTD will close - it's a retail relationship, not a rights relationship.

Sorry, jt, but your deader-than-a-hammer wrong about this one.

Is that a hunch, educated guess, guarantee, promise, or wishful thinking?

Because in my opinion, there is no way on God's green earth that Disney allows a Lego store to remain on property which will remind people of a Legoland just 30 miles down the road. No way. Disney severs relationships all the time, retail and otherwise. I'm not claiming anything that hasn't happened many times already.

EPCOT Explorer

Yes. Did you read my response? Steve is from the UK. With all due respect, he don't know Florida like I know Florida.

By the way, I'm thinking Lego and Disney will agree to part on friendly terms. I mean I'm sure Lego will stay if Disney let's them. That way they could put up some nice signs directing people to Winter Haven. :lookaroun:lol:

And so do I. I think you are wrong, but what else is new? No reason for Lego and Disney to split.

jt04

And so do I. I think you are wrong, but what else is new? No reason for Lego and Disney to split.

I just said why I think it will happen. You may not agree but it is, and I think will be, a reason. I love how dismissive you are though.

So say bye to Mr. Sea Serpent. It would have clashed with the lighthouse anyway. :lol:

WDW Vacationer

The LAST thing Disney wants is more empty buildings down there.

LegoLand and Disney don't really compete on a high level. LegoLand is great,but not a Disney style park,more of a Six Flags park.

MousDad

Is that a hunch, educated guess, guarantee, promise, or wishful thinking?

Because in my opinion, there is no way on God's green earth that Disney allows a Lego store to remain on property which will remind people of a Legoland just 30 miles down the road. No way. Disney severs relationships all the time, retail and otherwise. I'm not claiming anything that hasn't happened many times already.

The money they would lose from closing the Lego store at DTD (which would snowball to other Lego stores on other Disney properties) combined with what would be the subsequent breaking of their burgeoning toy partnership with Lego would far, far outweigh any loss from the occasional WDW vacationer (who already has their MYW anyway) wanting to hop over to LegoLand for the day.

AndrewRnR

You mean never going to happen just like how it current is and has been for many years in CA where Lego has a big store at DTD and Legoland is one hour down the 5? The store won't sell tickets. It will sell Lego products like it does now.

You have to seperate the park from the brand... Lego the brand has a small minority involvement in the parks. Selling Legos does not entice people to go to a theme park... that is the job of Merlin's marketing dept not some store at DTD.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom