Changes at DTD

RSoxNo1

The combination of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and the addition of Sea World to the Universal line up, could ultimately give Disney some difficulties. Universal is just now putting together a package that can take families away from Disney World. It should soon be possible to base vacations around Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Sea World, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove.

Sea World adds family entertainment that Islands of Adventure did not add.

I hope they take market share, I'm getting more optimistic that they will. I'm rooting for theme park wars in Central Florida, and you all should be too.

SirGoofy

I hope they take market share, I'm getting more optimistic that they will. I'm rooting for theme park wars in Central Florida, and you all should be too.

I've been rooting for that for a long time. I hope Legoland does happen and is added into the Uni/Seaworld deal. That would really put pressure on the mouse.

jt04

I've been rooting for that for a long time. I hope Legoland does happen and is added into the Uni/Seaworld deal. That would really put pressure on the mouse.

Don't forget Busch Gardens, I believe they are part of the "family" too.

Figment1986

Really? Wow, Busch just seems too far away to be an effective partner.:shrug:

actually, they are not that far apart... They run several buses daily between Busch Gardens and Seaworld, and if you get a certain package you get both a SeaWorld ticket and a ticket good at Aquatica or Busch Gardens... not to mention they are part of the orlando flex ticket.. and currently working on sesame street safari of fun...

SirGoofy

actually, they are not that far apart... They run several buses daily between Busch Gardens and Seaworld, and if you get a certain package you get both a SeaWorld ticket and a ticket good at Aquatica or Busch Gardens... not to mention they are part of the orlando flex ticket.. and currently working on sesame street safari of fun...

Hmmm...I'm embarrassed to say I don't know the exact location of BGT. I know that Tampa is about an hour away from WDW, so I figured that was the time to get to BG.

Figment1986

Hmmm...I'm embarrassed to say I don't know the exact location of BGT. I know that Tampa is about an hour away from WDW, so I figured that was the time to get to BG.

well it is hard to get to if you use I-4 (too many back roads), but if you get onto I-75 or I-275 it's really easy. Nice park, and it is still improving itself... and even Lee says it's worth a trip.

jt04

Well said. Add Legoland to the mix and the region is perfect for those who want to see some of Florida with their Florida vacation.

Mouse Detective

Also, if Cypress Gardens didn't make it who says Legoland will be any different?

Cypress Gardens tried hard to make it but they didn't offer enough unique things to get tourists visiting Orlando to make the trek over to it. It's a hassle driving down US 27 with its dozen traffic lights by I-4 and down through Davenport and Haines City.

The advantage a Legoland brings to the table is the huge Lego-following of preteen children....and their parents who also have fond memories of Lego building blocks. Rides are rides (and they'll need a signature one) but one of the huge attractions of a Legoland park are the many many items featured that are made of Lego blocks. All of you have seen the tourists at the DTD Lego store stare in happy fascination at the things constructed there made of Lego blocks. Legoland has that stuff many times over. For families arriving with kids, Legoland can easily capture 1 day out of their 7-8 day visit. Harry Potter and Universal will capture 2 days as well. Mickey will be the one losing some cheese. Disney will need to go all out to keep tourists away from rental cars and the ability to get to Winter Haven.

JT3000

What is this about Universal and the Blackstone parks being a "family?" Blackstone only owns half of Universal. These parks are still competitors and treated as such. In fact, I've heard rumblings that Blackstone intends to sell their stake in Universal in the not-too-distant future. They might add a Legoland to the Flex Pass, but that's it. This is not a consolidated competitor to Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom