Changes at DTD

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I've been wondering what stores like Best Buy will look like 5-10 years from now when most music and movies will be downloaded.
Don't know about Best Buy, but here's a glimpse of a future Costco.
costco.jpg

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Ahem :lookaroun

Proof?
cmon, haven't you guys learned by now that I wouldn't post something like that without knowing it first hand. In fact I jumped all over someone in another thread for saying Motion is gutted, when in fact it is not(yet).

I'm the one who told the save PI blog, who went and took pictures and posted a late night update.

Rumors are rumors, but when it comes to the actual destruction of PI, I don't screw around.

jt04

cmon, haven't you guys learned by now that I wouldn't post something like that without knowing it first hand. In fact I jumped all over someone in another thread for saying Motion is gutted, when in fact it is not(yet).

I'm the one who told the save PI blog, who went and took pictures and posted a late night update.

Rumors are rumors, but when it comes to the actual destruction of PI, I don't screw around.

I wasn't asking you for proof. I was refering to EE to see if your post finally constituted "proof" for what I have been saying for at least a year. Namely that PI is going because Disney has plans for that space. He keeps demanding proof even though this is a rumors forum not a law school seminar on the rules of evidence.

:lol:

PS- For what it's worth, I have always found you to be very credible. You post facts despite being on the "save PI" side. That is refreshing.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I wasn't asking you for proof. I was refering to EE to see if your post finally constituted "proof" for what I have been saying for at least a year. Namely that PI is going because Disney has plans for that space. He keeps demanding proof even though this is a rumors forum not a law school seminar on the rules of evidence.

:lol:

PS- For what it's worth, I have always found you to be very credible. You post facts despite being on the "save PI" side. That is refreshing.

ok good...I pride myself on accurate info on stuff like this. Don't get me wrong, I'll post rumors when I hear them, but when they start tearing things down, it hurts, and I don't screw around. Anyway, glad that's cleared up.

As I've said before, at this point I would rather they just get on with it. Surprising that their annual report said changes won't be complete till 2012 yet they have started destruction on stuff and finally removed that RRBC sign. It seems to me they have something signed for the mannequins building, which makes me sad, but at the same time happy that it won't just be sitting there. Will I ever eat at whatever replaces the clubs? absolutely not! But at least I won't have to walk past empty buildings with a reminder of fun times in the past. Right now it's just depressing for anyone who loved PI to walk through the island.

jt04

ok good...I pride myself on accurate info on stuff like this. Don't get me wrong, I'll post rumors when I hear them, but when they start tearing things down, it hurts, and I don't screw around. Anyway, glad that's cleared up.

As I've said before, at this point I would rather they just get on with it. Surprising that their annual report said changes won't be complete till 2012 yet they have started destruction on stuff and finally removed that RRBC sign. It seems to me they have something signed for the mannequins building, which makes me sad, but at the same time happy that it won't just be sitting there. Will I ever eat at whatever replaces the clubs? absolutely not! But at least I won't have to walk past empty buildings with a reminder of fun times in the past. Right now it's just depressing for anyone who loved PI to walk through the island.

That is why it is even more impressive that you are willing to keep us informed here with accurate information.

And although the AC at DTD will never return, I have a hunch something amazing will grow from the ashes. At least if Disney has any sense. Because the potential for TWDC to create it's own home grown franchise is truly unlimited with the S.E.A. concept. :cool:

jrriddle

So I went to see The Princess and The Frog tonight (great movie btw), at any rate I could not help but notice that (to me anyway) Tiana's Place (the restaurant in the movie) sure did look a bit like the Mannequins building at Pleasure Island. Or at least close enough with some rethemeing.
Now I also remember reading a rumor sometime ago that a Princess and the Frog themed restaurant was being looked at. Anyone else remeber this? I believe a jazz playing aligator AA was going to be a part of it.

jt04

So I went to see The Princess and The Frog tonight (great movie btw), at any rate I could not help but notice that (to me anyway) Tiana's Place (the restaurant in the movie) sure did look a bit like the Mannequins building at Pleasure Island. Or at least close enough with some rethemeing.
Now I also remember reading a rumor sometime ago that a Princess and the Frog themed restaurant was being looked at. Anyone else remeber this? I believe a jazz playing aligator AA was going to be a part of it.

See, this is what makes the news and rumors section of WDWMagic so compelling. Makes sense to me and it'd be a fine addition. Thanks.

TimNRA757

That'd be good,,, Disney could use a nice Cajun restaurant. Boatwrights is really nice (just ate there last weekend for the 1st time) but just not Cajun enough or something...

RSoxNo1

That would be fantastic. I would love something with similar fair to the Blue Bayou.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom