Changes at DTD

WDW1974

Nothing at all is happening on TSFKaPI.

And while the Marketplace has been packed, it all dies once you get much past Fulton's (still serves the best burger on Disney property, btw).

I wonder how that Paradiso 37 is doing since it's empty even on weekends.

Oh, and some old PI signs are now up for auction at Property Control and I hear some props from CW and AC are too (didn't see any), although some items from AC are HKDL-bound (as I stated over a year ago).

I thought of a great family freindly thing to add! A type of Bounce U, Pump it UP, whatever it's called in your area. An indoor playzone for the kids where parents can drop them off for an hour or two, for a charge of course, and go on their merry way to shop and drink without the kids in tow. Without the kids I think parents would tend to have a drink or two while shopping, at least I would. Liquor is the biggest money maker(highest profit margin) in any restaurant.

The bounce zone could have two levels and kids would be grouped together, say 20 or 30 to a group. Have maybe 6 zones and every ten minutes the kids are moved to the next zone. After one hour they are back at the receiving area for the parents to pick them up. Of course this would be Disney style, not your average bounce place.

A place where parents can leave the kids for an hour, go spend money hopefully on drinks at the fancy tequila bars and what not, come get the kids and Disney made money there also. Could be areas for private parties just like all of them do now. Low overhead, those places can take over old warehouses so I'm sure something in DTD would work, only major cost is retheming and creating Disney bouncers and what not. Could probably be up and running in six months. I'd visit DTD every trip if I could ditch the kids for an hour and grab a few drinks with the wife.

EPCOT Explorer

Nothing at all is happening on TSFKaPI.

And while the Marketplace has been packed, it all dies once you get much past Fulton's (still serves the best burger on Disney property, btw).

I wonder how that Paradiso 37 is doing since it's empty even on weekends.

Oh, and some old PI signs are now up for auction at Property Control and I hear some props from CW and AC are too (didn't see any), although some items from AC are HKDL-bound (as I stated over a year ago).

Yeah, the Fingers organ, right?:(

71jason

Yeah, the Fingers organ, right?:(

As of Tuesday, there was an organ...some disagreement among the regulars as to whether or not it's Fingers. If it's not, I can only assume it's from CW.

Some of the stuff from CW walls that has turned up includes the black and white Mousekeeteer picture and some of the junk sculptures.

Saw nothing I could recognize from the AC, although maybe it was snapped up too quickly.

jt04

As of Tuesday, there was an organ...some disagreement among the regulars as to whether or not it's Fingers. If it's not, I can only assume it's from CW.

Some of the stuff from CW walls that has turned up includes the black and white Mousekeeteer picture and some of the junk sculptures.

Saw nothing I could recognize from the AC, although maybe it was snapped up too quickly.

That suprises me because I read CW was intact and still having events. So it seems safe to assume now the rumors of CW going are actually true. We will now for sure January 4th I guess.

Mouse Detective

That surprises me because I read CW was intact and still having events.

There haven't been any events in CW since it closed. It's been used for storage for more than a year. A couple months ago they cleared most of the junk out of there and they've been renovating and painting.

jt04

Just a quick update. The metal stairs are 100% gone. But brand new stairs have been added and other work has just occured to the outdoor stage. Some are suggesting the clubs are being prepared for a possible reopening. The saga continues....

Anyone confirm?

Mouse Detective

The Save Pleasure Island website has photos of the fire escape stairs removed and the new concrete stairs that lead to a different door. The blogger writes that the new stairs are only important because they don't build new stairs to something that is going to be torn down. But I don't think anyone is saying it's going to reopen as a night club. The rumors say it will be renovated into a new restaurant.

jt04

The Save Pleasure Island website has photos of the fire escape stairs removed and the new concrete stairs that lead to a different door. The blogger writes that the new stairs are only important because they don't build new stairs to something that is going to be torn down. But I don't think anyone is saying it's going to reopen as a night club. The rumors say it will be renovated into a new restaurant.

But then it seems they would have put in a temporary fix rather than stairs that look like could be damaged during a renovation. Plus they are fixing the outdoor stage. Plus someone mentioned the are renovating the inside of Motions or whatever it's called now. So who knows anymore :shrug:

Plus the ticket kiosk is still there :lookaroun

hack2112

But then it seems they would have put in a temporary fix rather than stairs that look like could be damaged during a renovation. Plus they are fixing the outdoor stage. Plus someone mentioned the are renovating the inside of Motions or whatever it's called now. So who knows anymore :shrug:

It's called a building they couldn't pay retailers to occupy. :lookaroun

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes

where did you hear of renovation inside motion? Last time I looked there was a ladder and such in there, but I figured they were getting ready to gut it, not improve it. hhmmm

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
where did you hear of renovation inside motion? Last time I looked there was a ladder and such in there, but I figured they were getting ready to gut it, not improve it. hhmmm

Well thats conclusive proof that major change is afoot. We are all aware of the significance of ladder sightings around here.

hack2112

Well thats conclusive proof that major change is afoot. We are all aware of the significance of ladder sightings around here.
LadderMotivator.jpg

OliveMcFly

If they do decide to tear down A Club I don't think it will be for awhile. ConGaloosh, the convention, have booked their September 2010 convention which I'm pretty sure is in the building. I did notice about 2 weeks ago that some things have been removed from the walls.

71jason

If they do decide to tear down A Club I don't think it will be for awhile. ConGaloosh, the convention, have booked their September 2010 convention which I'm pretty sure is in the building. I did notice about 2 weeks ago that some things have been removed from the walls.

I can't say much, but no, Congaloosh 2010 is definitely NOT in the old Club. Many to most of the artifacts have been removed from the Club, and its demolition seems a foregone conclusion, it's merely a question of when.

DisneyLeo18

Plus they are plussing the plus-sized sign outside. :lookaroun:lol:

OliveMcFly

I can't say much, but no, Congaloosh 2010 is definitely NOT in the old Club. Many to most of the artifacts have been removed from the Club, and its demolition seems a foregone conclusion, it's merely a question of when.

Where is it going to be? It's not worth $225 if it's not even in the club. Lame.

asianway

Where is it going to be? It's not worth $225 if it's not even in the club. Lame.

The club is more than bricks and mortar. Disney will not let the actors portray the AC characters off property, and they will charge the going rate for banquet space to hold the function on property, whether it be on PI, a hotel, or a park.

71jason

It's a two-night event again. As far as I know, the Friday night locale has not been officially announced yet (and I respect the organizers too much to ruin the surprise), but I will say it is on WDW property, but not PI. There will be a "new" show featuring all 7 characters.

Saturday's event will be back at the Royal Plaza--another cast panel discussion, more games, etc., like the 2009 event from what I gather.

Whether or not the above is worth $225 is between you and your wallet. It is another chance to see the characters--and many of the old regulars--and re-live some of the fun, but I'm afraid your last chance to set foot inside the Club (at least in any recognizable form) was last September.

CaptainMichael

It's a two-night event again. As far as I know, the Friday night locale has not been officially announced yet (and I respect the organizers too much to ruin the surprise), but I will say it is on WDW property, but not PI. There will be a "new" show featuring all 7 characters.

Saturday's event will be back at the Royal Plaza--another cast panel discussion, more games, etc., like the 2009 event from what I gather.

Whether or not the above is worth $225 is between you and your wallet. It is another chance to see the characters--and many of the old regulars--and re-live some of the fun, but I'm afraid your last chance to set foot inside the Club (at least in any recognizable form) was last September.

Samantha Sterling sent a telegram today about consulting with Sid Grauman on the location:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom