Changes at DTD

71jason

Eh, a mixed bag, I think.

I remember Screamscape saying that Hot Dog Hall of Fame was bragging they had gotten in at a "theme park" ages ago now. It's a clever concept for a quick-serve, and let's face it, WDW's QSRs have gone to seed the past few years. Has the potential to be the next Earl of Sandwich.

Orange County Choppers Roadhouse...yawn. The roadhouse aspect sounds like at least 3 or 4 chains already around the area. Also, bar-b-que is hard to do in Orlando, as well; it's a regional thing, and everyone thinks thier region is "true" bar-b-que, but Orlando is a hodgepodge of visitors from all over. One of the reasons Fireworks Factory failed despite having the coolest drink ever.

The ultra lounge sounds interesting. It also seems like a direct swipe at an I-Drive competitor, which is classic Disney. At one point the company was pushing a whole Winter Wonderland restaurant, which would have been a lot more kid-friendly. This and Fuego, tho, would at least be an acknowledgment that grown-ups like WDW too.

More details on all three (and then some) if you search around here: http://www.schusslercreative.com/backfire_bbq.html I still think Aeroblue is the most promising concept

jt04

I think these concepts can work. The more variety of dining options the more attractive it will be to locals. Especially with the AMC there. People can see a movie and enjoy a fun place to eat no matter their budget.

The OCC themed BBQ being located near the Harley store has some interesting synergy potential too.

Anyway, I think they need a Quick Service that serves real Belgian Waffles :slurp: all day and evening. Just an idea of the kind of thing that would be incredible crowd pleasers.

OK, I have to go eat now!

jt04

^ Link works, thanks! Seems that the rumors are really ramping up now as 2010 gets closer. Coincidence?

Cue the dozers.

EpcotServo

Walked PI tonight. NOT a happening joint despite the D.J.'s claim otherwise. Reminds me of people walking past a shuttered lagoon and not knowing they walk past a shuttered attraction that is one of the best.

Sad stuff.

Also, I searched far and wide and found the last four surviving Island plaques. Great stuff. They should've never stopped trying to tell stories...It's clearly a place that sadly died from a thousand tiny cuts.

:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom