**CELEBRATION 25 Complete and Total Coverage Thread!**

diddy_mouse

:eek:

I would LOVE to obtain one of those maps! It would match the vintage one I have in a shadowbox :D That is just so awesome!! Too bad I'm not there...:cry:

Nemo14

I'm heading out for the night, but I just wanted to wish all 1100 or so of you the very best tomorrow. You have accomplished so much and you deserve all the magic that is heading your way tomorrow. Thanks for keeping us all posted! Wish I could be there with you!

jedimaster1227

hello all i am live from epcot at the registration table! Jenn's shirt looks even better in person. Adam is being a great host wellcoming everyone. Lou is talking it up with everyone. Jason and everyone else are also wonderful. more soon inclueding wait times. also weather is holding up great.

I tried to welcome everyone, but since people were coming to the table in groups, it was a little difficult... I think I spent at least 10 minutes talking (and bowing down towards) Martin Smith...

Just got done with the first history walk. John did an awesome job. Did you know that Ellen has never ridden her own attraction? Did you know that the last ride through on WOM broke down with GM execs on it and they had to walk out? :)

John really did his homework and did an amazing job with the overall tour. Disney's official supervisor for our history walk was quite impressed!

OK. So we're standing on the logo listening to John's history walk about the hub and who comes up behind him but Jim FRICKEN McPhee!!! Of course John stops in his tracks. Mr. McPhee welcomes us and thanks us for being here.

He goes up on the fountain stge and takes some photos with Adam. Then he comes back and gives us a sneak peek of tomorrow's retro park map. VERY COOL!!!

Honestly, I didn't plan this one... I had no clue what Jim was doing by taking me up on the stage, but apparantly everyone said I had the biggest grin they had ever seen.... :D

as you just heard jim mcphee scared the heck out of jason while he was talking lol. it was nice to see jim but jason's history walks were soo much fun i leanred a lot. i am heading to mnsshp and will give a small update from there later. stay tuned because i am sure someone will cover the soarin group ride. also lined today were low i only waited at most 20 min. for anything.

Well, considering how many "celebrities" we met today, Jim wasn't the only person John was speechless about meeting. Today was truly a great day!

So many cool people today. My head is spinning... Jason, Adam, John, Jenn, Lou, Brknews, JeffB and all the rest.

We went on a quick walking tour afterwards to look at the Land. Did you know the seating is seperated into four seasons? Or the murals on either side of the entrance are exactly the same expect for one green tile? These guys know their stuff.

Back at POR resting up for tomorrow. It's going to be a LONG day!!!

We had a great time with you all today! I look forward to seeing you all bright and early tomorrow at our sign in tables... Let Day Two commence! :sohappy:

We don't know for sure...
he only said that they would be out tomorrow... but didn't really imply if it was for only 1 day or not.

He let me know that the maps are only in use for tomorrow. Grab them while you can folks!

Poor Merf! But then again you live here, has your skin not become immune to it like mine? LOL;)

My parents and I all have sunburns on our faces and necks... Thats what I get for not wearing a hat today...

Just got back to the room after an awesome day at Epcot. The History Walks were a lot of fun and the Soarin' group ride was great - there were 24 of us. I had a blast and can't wait for tomorrow.

Our Soarin' group was definitely a highlight thus far. We had a great time and our group of 24 was hilarious! I can't wait for tomorrow's Imagination meet (either people will laugh at Eric Idle or sing along with Figment)!

I'm not officially a part of Celebration 25, but I wanted to give a shout out to all of you who did the Soarin' group ride tonight..

I was the CM that came over to you guys right as your flight landed, and let me tell you, you were DEFINITELY my most entertaining flight of the day, :ROFLOL:

I'll be in the park (as a Guest) with some of my coworkers all day tomorrow, so I'm sure we'll cross paths!

You guys rule.

If you and your coworkers would like to join us for the day, don't hesitate to stop by our sign in tables tomorrow between 7:00 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. :wave:

Matpez

Wahoo2424

I hope everyone has fun tomorrow!

I told my students that I was a Disney nut on the first day of school and they'll finally see it tomorrow. I'm giving out homework passes to the 25 students that come closest to answering a question about EPCOT (that's what I'm online tonight searching for). I'll probably do something similar in April when the 10th anniversary of AK rolls around.:D

HinunterZuNich

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Thanks to everyone making only the pre-celebration day an awesome one! I really had a blast and the fun hasn't officially begun yet!

MiklCraw4d

Woot...

Excellent... the retro map is awesome. I'll have to grab a fistful tomorrow. Although is it a great PR policy for them to show off all the awesome stuff that *used* to be in the park? :)

"Here's all the awesome stuff we closed... now enjoy Journey into YOUR Imagination..."

Anyway, I'm excited about tomorrow. I was in and out of the park today but didn't have a chance to do any of the group stuff - my friend had to leave town tonight so we had to cram a lot in. And I had to make it to MK to see the Mansion (amazing, btw).

So yeah, excited. What else do I need to be looking out for tomorrow besides the retro maps? Any other nifty time-sensitive merch?

diddy_mouse

I just read Deb's update on allearsnet.com about the Celebration and I am so impressed with what you guys have manged to do. :sohappy: Just the realization that such a large group of people will be sharing in the wonder that is EPCOT!

Congratulations to all of you who helped create Celebration 25!

I hope that you have an absolute blast tomorrow and know that *this* EPCOT fan will be anxious to get home from work to check out all of the details of such a landmark event! :wave:

SirNim

I'm curious if Epcot's 25th will be mentioned on any Internet portal newsfeeds... (Yahoo! I'm looking in your direction!)

(and still holding out hope that there's a new fountain sculpture in the works for late tonight...and that somebody can snag for me a medium-sized LE t-shirt!)

Have a good time tomorrow, all!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
:sohappy:Thanks for the video!

It was great to see Jim McPhee doing the "I'm holding up SSE" pose with the other person. :lol: :sohappy:

jedimaster1227

:sohappy:Thanks for the video!

It was great to see Jim McPhee doing the "I'm holding up SSE" pose with the other person. :lol: :sohappy:

Right before I quote you, I become the other "person" rather than the other "guy." The press photos we took were requested by him... His media rep said she would be sending me copies within the next few weeks!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Right before I quote you, I become the other "person" rather than the other "guy." The press photos we took were requested by him... His media rep said she would be sending me copies within the next few weeks!

lol... thats because I didnt know who it was.... I had it in full screen mode... so the video quality was lesser... so I changed it to general 'person'. :lol::eek:

Make sure you post those pics when you get em! :D

CaptainMichael

Michael..I want maps and anything else you can get me..:)

Pretty Please and Thank you!...:kiss::kiss::kiss:
:D
No problem Bay:kiss:

Any chance of someone picking up an extra 25th park map and 21st century began t-shirt in xxl for me?
I've got ya covered.

Thanks Michael and Dana! :wave: That would be great! :sohappy:
No problem Jer:wave:

Aw, how I wish I was in the club of everyone who knows each other.
Welcome to the club.

(and still holding out hope that there's a new fountain sculpture in the works for late tonight...and that somebody can snag for me a medium-sized LE t-shirt!)

Have a good time tomorrow, all!

I'm hoping for something on the fountain as well...SOMETHING needs to be up there, it looks stupid.

jmvd20

Jealous... Jealous... Jealous...

Thanks for the great updates though!

All of you have done a remarkable job in planning this out and making it happen. I hope everyone has a great time, enjoy what should be an incredible day at EPCOT!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom