Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade starts TODAY

DVillain

First time posting Yay! Loooooong time disney fan and post watcher. I love the parades at DW and this one doesn't let me down. The music is great along with costuming and choreography. The only downfall I see is that there are ALOT less characters which make the parades more enjoyable to me by getting them all in one place, but other than that it looks awsome!

hpyhnt 1000

First time posting Yay! Loooooong time disney fan and post watcher. I love the parades at DW and this one doesn't let me down. The music is great along with costuming and choreography. The only downfall I see is that there are ALOT less characters which make the parades more enjoyable to me by getting them all in one place, but other than that it looks awsome!

Thats the one thing I noticed as well. As nice as the dancers are, I would prefer to see a few more characters walking the parade. I mean, you see one set of dancers, you've seen them all; seven sets of dancers dressed exactly the same way dancing the exact same moves gets a little repetative IMHO.

Also, I'm sorry, but I did not like the show stop. To me, it was like a bad pop concert stuck into the middle of an otherwise very nice parade. Just don't like it. If there was more interaction with guests at this point, maybe I'd like it more, but the little dancing number just didn't do it for me. :shrug:

However, I will say the new song is rather catchy; not quite as memorable as DDCT was IMHO, but still very nice. And the integration of float specific music as the parade goes by is a nice touch. Excellent job there.

Overall, its decent. The show stop still bugs me, but on the whole, its something (fairly) new and exciting. :)

Thanks for the pics and video links! :wave:

Captain Hank

I saw the first performance today, and I had...mixed feelings.

Things I liked:
--New Soundtrack: I really liked the new soundtrack, and from as far as I could tell, we didn't "steal" it from any other parks, much unlike most of the recent music used around WDW. It's a catchy tune with very distinct loops for each individual float. I liked the showstop music as well. The soundtrack managed to be much more upbeat than Share a Dream Come True, while not being quite as manic as Disney Dreams Come True.

--Dancers: The dancers, and choreography were great and added a lot of energy to the parade. Also, while there was a standard dance set used by each unit, they'd break away for a few bars to do something unit-specific.

--Character Integrity: There were a few nice little touches added, such as the Wicked Queen having an apple and Snow White *finally* having her prince.

--Random Ribbon Dancer: There was a random ribbon dancer right before the title banner. She didn't seem to serve much of a purpose, but was kind of cool.

--Show Stop: I like show stops. This one seemed to be well done and just long enough not to slow down the pacing of the parade, like SADCT's original stops did.

Things I didn't like:
--Costumes: There was absolutely no variation in costumes among the dancers throughout the parade. It became very repetetive after a while, and even a slight variation would have been welcome. The dancer costumes were randomly very 70s-ish. Something that I really didn't like was that the female dancers had highlights in their hair(wigs) that matched the color of the costumes. Very not Disney look. The characters also looked like they were overcompensating for the bland, blue YOAMD costumes with really, really busy WWYC costumes.

--Far Fewer Characters: This parade was noticably shorter on characters. It felt like a much smaller, less grand presentation as a result. DDCT was a little overwhelming with characters, but in a good way. In comparison, CDCT seemed a little anemic.

--Character Voices: Some of the character voices, Alice and Pooh specifically, seemed very off.

--Floats: I thought that the two floats that were redone were very, very busy, and not necessarily in a good way. Also, having a giftwrapped first float, followed by essentially unchanged DDCT floats and finished off with the Crystal Castle with Mickey balloons created a hodge-podge that really didn't add up to a cohesive whole. It felt kind-of thrown together. Can we please, please, please put the Crystal Castle out of its misery? Maybe send it off to a parade float farm where it can have lots of room to run around with the Mickey Mania and Surprise Celebration floats?

Ultimately out of the three versions of the exact same parade that we've had since 2001, I think I liked DDCT the best, though CDCT isn't too far behind. Can we please have an actual new parade next time?

Bill Smugs

Thats the one thing I noticed as well. As nice as the dancers are, I would prefer to see a few more characters walking the parade. I mean, you see one set of dancers, you've seen them all; seven sets of dancers dressed exactly the same way dancing the exact same moves gets a little repetative IMHO.

Also, I'm sorry, but I did not like the show stop. To me, it was like a bad pop concert stuck into the middle of an otherwise very nice parade. Just don't like it. If there was more interaction with guests at this point, maybe I'd like it more, but the little dancing number just didn't do it for me. :shrug:

However, I will say the new song is rather catchy; not quite as memorable as DDCT was IMHO, but still very nice. And the integration of float specific music as the parade goes by is a nice touch. Excellent job there.

Overall, its decent. The show stop still bugs me, but on the whole, its something (fairly) new and exciting. :)

Thanks for the pics and video links! :wave:

I too found the show stop a little bit disapointing and really odd.

TP2000

I never try to live my life via YouTube, and perhaps this comes off better in person, but from the video I just saw this show stop thing seemed rather pointless.

I like the dancers, in small doses, but they shouldn't be the stars of this parade. No one goes to WDW to see dozens of backup dancers in disco outfits and Dorothy Hammill wigs. Those kids should just be the little extras highlighting the Disney/Pixar Characters that should be the big stars. And there were SO MANY dancers. Dozens and dozens of them throughout the whole parade, all wearing the same disco duds and same 1970's wigs. Why? And why is the show stop so focused on the pop song dance routine?

This seems like a parade that the Marketing Department created, not a parade that showmen created.

And enough with the disco dancers! Get some more Characters out there instead.

dazzer68

whats odd, is the choice of costume for the dancers.
the music is very 'now' and modern for want of a better expression, but why are they dress like like 1970 ballroom dancing contestants, and whats with the silver mens shoes? for goodness sake, what year is this. they should be in funky trainers, shorts, jeans,
the theme is what will you celebrate ie its a party, not a ballroom dancing competetion.

Figment82

Can we please, please, please put the Crystal Castle out of its misery? Maybe send it off to a parade float farm where it can have lots of room to run around with the Mickey Mania and Surprise Celebration floats?

Never! That float has been around since the 1970s - it's a classic! :)

tathompson87

Overall, I feel very.......average about this parade. WDW has been disappointing me with these last couple of parades so I didn't expect to much. After seeing the kind of productions that TDL puts on, it makes you look at WDW like :lookaroun. I mean really.

I dont understand the ribbon dancer either:shrug:, maybe if they had more. Mickeys float was WAY to busy, it was kinda overwhelming with stuff to focus on. I was also upset about the lack of characters in this parade.

And those dancers. Why does everyone have the same thing on? The costumes couldn't change with the unit?, I mean the dancing did.

But what ticked me off the most, and i dont know why it did, but how come Goofy, Donald, Pluto, Chip and Dale look so foolish? They look like reject Disney Clowns. Since Mickey and Minnie had on new outfits for the "Celebration" I was expecting to see the rest of the gang is some kind of variation of what they and the dancers had on. Disney better come HARD with this Street Show that debuts in February.

Seriously though its time for WDW to step it up.

TakeMeThere81

I think it looks great! Costumes on dancers are a little retro, but fun! I do particularly like the new Celebrate costumes on the characters as well. I think Disney did a good job refurbishing the existing parade. I mean, its not like we can expect them to be able to afford a whole new parade in these economic times.

I can't wait to see it in person! Thanks for all the vids and pics PPers and WDWMagic!

bigcatholicj

CLOUDS!!! I really like the clouds on the castle float, it seems to me that they could have added them a year ago and been more pertinent to the whole YOMD logo, but whatever....at least the castle float looks a little different!!

I personally liked it, i love the music. The dancers did awesome and i loved the routines i just wish that it had more character interaction but overall it was very good. I like this one more than the other one but thats just me.

StringBeanDream

--Far Fewer Characters: This parade was noticably shorter on characters. It felt like a much smaller, less grand presentation as a result. DDCT was a little overwhelming with characters, but in a good way. In comparison, CDCT seemed a little anemic.

--Character Voices: Some of the character voices, Alice and Pooh specifically, seemed very off.

There are 27 less characters in the new parade ( give and take a few)

--

mpaul32001

They could have at least made the dancers costumes float specific.

Like the dancers behind Aladdin could have stayed the chimney sweeps from Mary Poppins.

3190815582_8921719c59.jpg

The Princess Dancers could have been dressed like this...

3131791929_5fc0069136.jpg

The Villains Float Dancers like so...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/21652490@N06/2779518734/

It would have been really easy...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom