Catch a falling star.. 7/18

Teenchy

Wow, just by this picture I noticed something. As the wand structure slowly goes away, Spaceship Earth looks much larger now as it used to be. Anybody else notice this?

I was thinking the same thing....she's looking a bit wide in the middle...but arent we all since the early 80's

Thanks for the pic's Merf.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As always, nice one :wave:

Makes you wonder: any bets on if they`ll crane / bronto the stars off SSE, or - here we go again - get the zip lift in 180top working again and abseil down the exterior to pick them off? If so, or for any type of access from the roof hatch, perhaps it`s scheduled with the ride rehab to get access to the hatch. Anyone recall in `99 how they put the stars on the old Geo?

Fix it up a bit, they could stick it out in front of the All Star Resort! :shrug:

Sorry! I'll get my coat! :eek:
:ROFLOL:

tkldisney

Merf, don't know what we'd do without you! Thanks for the pics they are great! I'll be able to see it for myself on Friday since I'll be in WDW :sohappy:

Expo_Seeker40

I have to agree that yes, its obvious how much larger SSE looks now with the wand going away.

What I really am interested in, is to see what will be done by friday morning, since they still have wed and thurs night to work on the thing.

If I had to guess, they will remove the area of the wand that used to hold the "Epcot" letters and possibly get a chance to take off the wand and mickey carboard cut outs.

Then all they have left is to take the stars off, and I think they are going to clean SSE's exterior if I remember correctly?

As for leave a legacy, while I would never have bought one of those things, people deserve to have their tiles saved, and even at the entrance, I just think a new monument needs to be designed to better fit in.

Expo_Seeker40

Here lemme try something with one of Merf's pics...

6f9ptfo.jpg

Now this...

5znh85x.jpg

Dizknee_Phreek

:ROFLOL: Awesome work!

Ya know...even though the wand was something I loved to hate (I think that's what I'll miss most about it, heh), it was kinda pretty. Of course, a bare SSE outshines the wand any ol' day! I'm looking VERY forward to seeing SSE in its original form once again! :D
As always, merf, thanks for the pics!!

uklad79

The star looks even worse close up, so industrial and cheap looking. It's amazing the size of that thing on the ground as it looked much smaller against SSE. I hope we don't see this thing placed anywhere on property.

Merf good job on the photos can you please set up surveillance to make sure we see this piece of tacky crap leaving WDW on the back of a trailer never to be seen again.

cb3k

Perhaps I am being too optimistic, but it seems that this lil sucker will be completely gone by the time my August 18th trip rolls around (maybe a couple lil stars still scattered across the top). Anyone think this is a definite possibility?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom