Carnotaurus "stand in" on DINOSAUR

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
They could use this. Would probably scare me more than the Carnotaurus.

sub-square-barney.gif
AAAHHH!!!

Actually, now I want to watch the "Blarney" vidoe from Dinosaurs.

Brian_B

Oh, great.

I can't wait for 5 years from now, when people have "FIX ME!" carno avatars, and people are saying, Wait, there used to be Spiders in ITTBAB? There used to be waterfalls on everest?

Then they'll reminisce about the time when the animatronics in Dinosaur actually moved.

Another example of Animal Kingdom's rapid descent in quality.

Kamikaze

Oh, great.

I can't wait for 5 years from now, when people have "FIX ME!" carno avatars, and people are saying, Wait, there used to be Spiders in ITTBAB? There used to be waterfalls on everest?

Then they'll reminisce about the time when the animatronics in Dinosaur actually moved.

Another example of Animal Kingdom's rapid descent in quality.

And if Disney cuts back on discounting and raises prices, those same people will moan and cry.

Can't have both.

disnyfan89

I just rode this the other day and had no idea about the stand in. I was in complete and utter shock! After that I kinda just wrote off Animal Kingdom. The lack of quality care in that park has become laughable.

PurpleDragon

I hope this gets fixed before I'm down there next week. I really don't want my kids first ride to be a joke with this sad pathetic dino head on a stick.

Buried20KLeague

YOU!

Out of this thread with your logic and reasoning!

I think the hole in his logic is that the ride shouldn't be open when the Carno is getting a face-lift.

If there were one animatronic that you would think would have to operational in order to operate the attraction, it would be this Carno.

I'm not upset the Carno's getting work... I think that's great. I'm upset management thinks there's nothing wrong with pulling him and replacing him with this to keep the attraction open. This and the yeti should serve as a telling sign of how things have changed as far as policy.

Dinosaur is a shell of it's former self already from the days of CTX... Now it's mostly a bumpy ride through the dark with the speakers turned up WAY TOO LOUD... And for a limited time only, we'll throw in a cardboard cutout finale scene!!

mbro2010

This isn't the first time this has happened. The exact same configuration was used when the standing carno was rehabbed in 2000 (and perhaps since then - that's just when I was there). The carno head in the picture is a spare that they use whenever one of the animatronics is under repair.

BrerFrog

I am glad there is a "stand in" Carnotaurus because it shows Disney is working on maintance. I wish there were a "stand in" Yeti too.

Animaniac93-98

I wonder if Disney ever thought of making two of the main Carnotaurus head so that if one were to be taken down for maintenance the other could be put in its place without lessening the quality of the "show"?

PurpleDragon

I am glad there is a "stand in" Carnotaurus because it shows Disney is working on maintance. I wish there were a "stand in" Yeti too.

It would be more reassuring to see Disney take an attraction down completely and spend a couple weeks doing full maintenance, instead of disabling an effect and putting in a sorry joke of a stand-in, thus reducing the quality of the attraction even more, and doing a little bit a night over a couple months and prolonging downtime of a crucial effect on a key attraction.

Attraction closure for a short time > Attraction open with crappy stand-in effect for a long time

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom