Carnotaurus "stand in" on DINOSAUR

cheezbat

Yay! It's about time! I was at Animal Kingdom last Tuesday, and was very frusterated to see that not only was the Yeti still motionless, but that Hopper was broken in It's Tough to Be a Bug AND the Carnotaur was replaced with that laughable stand-in!

I took my best friend, and it was her first time visiting, and while she enjoyed it, she knew some things just didn't seem right. Not good show by Disney. Wish they'd invest some money into some more attractions in Animal Kingdom PRONTO.

EpcotFanForever

This drawing will be the new, improved Carnotaurus stand-in.

Carnotaurus_bw.GIF

When I went last week I was like Yay!! Running Carno is back then when you're waiting and anticipating for the picture shot, I love pointing to him with my two hands. Not that time, I was looking for him, saw the head on a stick and my roomates and I went "huh?" Our picture at the end of the ride was priceless but good to hear that he's back.

PurpleDragon

We rode Dinosaur this afternoon and the carnotaurus is definitly working. But what's cool is it seems they've fixed some of the other non-working effects in the attraction and they've fixed the lighting so more is visible thruout the ride.

Slowjack

Oh, great.

I can't wait for 5 years from now, when people have "FIX ME!" carno avatars, and people are saying, Wait, there used to be Spiders in ITTBAB? There used to be waterfalls on everest?

Then they'll reminisce about the time when the animatronics in Dinosaur actually moved.

Another example of Animal Kingdom's rapid descent in quality.
Whoa--we skipped this last time because I didn't want to scar the tender mind of my then three-year-old, but how long have the spiders been gone?

Slowjack

Hey guys I don't think you quite understand the workings of a theme park. At Animal Kingdom, the attraction ride count is already so low, management is doing what anyone would do, and that is keep EVERY attraction open.
But that just means...they need more attractions. I realize TDO doesn't build 'em, on run 'em, but still, it's all Disney.

Tom Morrow

We rode Dinosaur this afternoon and the carnotaurus is definitly working. But what's cool is it seems they've fixed some of the other non-working effects in the attraction and they've fixed the lighting so more is visible thruout the ride.

I noticed this too the other day. There was a lot more lightning and a bit less total darkness. I liked it.

inluvwithbeast

Did anyone else see this on Screamscape?

(5/26/10) Quick correction… that mini dino head seen during the photo op on Dinosaur right now? It’s not new at all. It seems it’s been there all along, it’s just that most people don’t notice it with all the attention given to the big one on the other side of the road. People just tend to notice it when the time comes to rehab the big Carnataurous, which is really the purpose of it… to serve as a backup.

... ya know. :shrug:

ttalovebug

Original Poster
Did anyone else see this on Screamscape?

... ya know. :shrug:

Not exactly true. Yeah, it's always been there, but in the dark. They only light it up/turn it on when the big guy is out. That report made it sound like there's always been a random little dino head across from the Carno, and no one has ever noticed! :lol:

inluvwithbeast

Not exactly true. Yeah, it's always been there, but in the dark. They only light it up/turn it on when the big guy is out. That report made it sound like there's always been a random little dino head across from the Carno, and no one has ever noticed!

Well that is true. It's just never been noticed because its usually not noticeable. I wish it wasn't noticeable now. :lookaroun

Dinoman96

But that just means...they need more attractions. I realize TDO doesn't build 'em, on run 'em, but still, it's all Disney.

Oh, didn't you hear? They're too busy making princess meet and greets rather than doing SOMETHING to make AK a full day park.

Also, EpcotFanForever, the ending is now an X?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom