Captain EO Soft Open To Public Today

s8film40

Maybe not a liar, maybe misinformed.

Remember Erin Wallace claiming the Epcot 25 stage was the same one the park was opened with on October 1st 1982? That stage wasn`t even there in 1982.

I guess it`s possible the `new` sign was in the preshow holding area originally. It certainly wasn`t outside the attraction, nor next to or above the preshow entrance. Some more:

Maybe what he really meant was that it was the same logo for the sign not the same physical sign.

T-1MILLION

Maybe what he really meant was that it was the same logo for the sign not the same physical sign.

No he told a story about how the sign you see out front is the one that was use originally for the attraction and how they dug it out when someone told them there was no need to design a new one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjjfK_81veQ

It was deceiving. Regardless of misninformed or not, un professional and feeding stuff to the fanbase just to try and make them happy.

Captain Hank

But EO's costumes have a EO patch over the front left. Imagination's does not. Unless those patches aren't sewn on, but I doubt Costuming would issue patches rather than securing them to the garment.

A CM told me what day Kodak moves out and that whoever is coming in is being kept secret.
I'm pretty sure the patches are just magnetically attached to the shirt, to cover the little spaceship earth logo. American Idol Experience already uses a removable patch.

twilight mitsuk

But EO's costumes have a EO patch over the front left. Imagination's does not. Unless those patches aren't sewn on, but I doubt Costuming would issue patches rather than securing them to the garment.

A CM told me what day Kodak moves out and that whoever is coming in is being kept secret.

is it confirmed that kodak is leaving?!

For what it's worth, this page has a video explaining how the sign was found. It also explains all of the different effects used during WDW's version of the show.

http://attractionsmagazine.com/blog...michael-jacksons-captain-eo-reopens-at-epcot/

Also, Innoventions uses patches as a standard part of their costumes to switch between each of their areas. Makes sense to use patches for this 1-2 year show, given the new costuming direction with One Disney.

Thrill Seeker

I'm pretty sure the patches are just magnetically attached to the shirt, to cover the little spaceship earth logo. American Idol Experience already uses a removable patch.

Exactly. All they have to do is keep the patch in their pocket, then if they are moved to EO, pull it out and stick it to the shirt...

Biff215

Went over there this morning. DVC preview was supposed to be from 9-3 with AP's following that, but as of 11:00 it was still down due to "technical difficulties". I know that's normal during a preview, but I was a little surprised given the lack of sophistication I'm assuming this show has. I mean it's not like it's Test Track! This could be a bad sign if they can't work out the minor kinks.

drew81

Maybe not a liar, maybe misinformed.

Remember Erin Wallace claiming the Epcot 25 stage was the same one the park was opened with on October 1st 1982? That stage wasn`t even there in 1982.

I guess it`s possible the `new` sign was in the preshow holding area originally. It certainly wasn`t outside the attraction, nor next to or above the preshow entrance. Some more:

:lol:

Horizons1

As anyone else getting a kick out of the Imagineering staff lying through their teeth that "they brought back the original sign"? Whether it's original or not isn't that big of a deal, but we're not stupid. Well most of us aren't...

Future Guy

To be fair, we don't exactly know who's doing the lying. When I worked in sales for a PC manufacturer that will remain nameless (but it rhymes with "smell") there were all kinds of "myths" floating around the sales floor about the supposed benefits of their financing, or the quality of their warranty service that sales agents would repeat to customers as though they were actual facts. Most of the sales agents were bubbly, empty-headed types with no critical thinking skills who simply didn't know any better. So, when they told customers that their Smell-brand computer would never bluescreen, or that the Smell financing's 20% interest rate was a great deal, they weren't technically lying, because they actually believed that they were telling the truth.

Maybe it's the same with the people saying that they're using the original sign. The actual spokespeople are just repeating what they've been told to say. And besides, they are using the original sign, in the sense that the Captain EO logo design is the same as it was on the sign that was there in 1986. It's just not the same in the sense of actually being the same exact piece of hardware that was there from 1986-1994. :)

parkgoer

Original Poster
To be fair, we don't exactly know who's doing the lying. When I worked in sales for a PC manufacturer that will remain nameless (but it rhymes with "smell") there were all kinds of "myths" floating around the sales floor about the supposed benefits of their financing, or the quality of their warranty service that sales agents would repeat to customers as though they were actual facts. Most of the sales agents were bubbly, empty-headed types with no critical thinking skills who simply didn't know any better. So, when they told customers that their Smell-brand computer would never bluescreen, or that the Smell financing's 20% interest rate was a great deal, they weren't technically lying, because they actually believed that they were telling the truth.

Maybe it's the same with the people saying that they're using the original sign. The actual spokespeople are just repeating what they've been told to say. And besides, they are using the original sign, in the sense that the Captain EO logo design is the same as it was on the sign that was there in 1986. It's just not the same in the sense of actually being the same exact piece of hardware that was there from 1986-1994. :)

I completely agree.

Was this sign that is now on the front of the building possibly from somewhere else? it could also then be considered original too...

HMF

Also, Innoventions uses patches as a standard part of their costumes to switch between each of their areas. Makes sense to use patches for this 1-2 year show, given the new costuming direction with One Disney.
Don't the Innoventions costumes still feature patches with the old "Road to Tomorrow" logo?

Horizons1

Well misinformed then. But even so, if someone in the PR department is thinking that they can make this claim because the logo for Captain EO has never changed, well that's really weak.

TinkerBell9988

The sign outside looks exactly like the original sign from inside the lobby, just attached to a new base... So that's why it looks different to most of you. It is an original sign, just not the original sign from the OUTSIDE of the building.

EDIT: If you click here: http://static.attractionsmagazine.com/wp-uploads/2010/07/p1060409.jpg , you can see the sign at the entrance... the blue triangle that is part of the back ground of the sign is new. It is a new base. But the actual front part of the sign with the letters and the 3-D triangle is original from the lobby.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom