Captain EO Soft Open To Public Today

thecompman

I was in Epcot today and saw it. I knew it was only in previews, but I thought I would try to walk in. I was slightly surprised when nobody stopped me :) Then during the pre-show there were quite a few cast members chatting and then one asked me where I worked.

I then realized it was cast previews and thought I was really going to be in trouble. Anyway all worked out and it was great to see it in Epcot. I actually saw the tribute when they opened it back up in DL. In fact I made a special trip out there because at the time the word was that it was definitely not coming to Epcot.

Anyway, it was great to see it with no waiting and no crowds. Hopefully that will change with the formal opening though.

Horizons1

Where do I begin here.:shrug:

Don't bother. You're not going to get through.

Don't worry, PirateFrank. This isn't Captain EO 4D. Michael isn't going to come out of the screen and grab kids. He's only going to grab his crotch.

wizards8507

I agree with PirateFrank. Why doesn't anyone seem to care that this man was a child molester (at the VERY least a deviant and wierdo) who rejected his race?

jakeman

I agree with PirateFrank. Why doesn't anyone seem to care that this man was a child molester (at the VERY least a deviant and wierdo) who rejected his race?
I wonder if the answer is the same as to why does every EO thread degrade into this inane back and forth?

I think we should establish a new law.

EO's Law: as a discussion about Michael Jackson on WDWMagic grows, the potential for the discussion to include talk of molestation reaches one.

Anybody with me?

Thrill Seeker

Ok enough with the debate on Michael Jackson. Why can't we let the man be remembered for his music? Anyway, I saw EO today and it was great. I loved how they used the moving floor this time around. I'd say it added to the experience. They also had different lighting effects for EO...

good point, thrill seeker.
I never saw this show in the past, as it was during a period when I didn't come down every summer :brick:(grandparents came home instead). The theater was about 2/3rd full and there was a big cheer when the show started, when MJ came on and when the show ended. I'm not big on 3d, but I did enjoy the show. He was still riding high on his solo career at this time. It was nostalgic, that's for sure.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Don't worry, PirateFrank. This isn't Captain EO 4D. Michael isn't going to come out of the screen and grab kids. He's only going to grab his crotch.
You never know...
[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie"
value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K_NvTkcnU3s&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param
name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed
src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K_NvTkcnU3s&hl=en_US&fs=1"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always"
allowfullscreen="true" width="480"
height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

(and yes...I am required by law to post this on EVERY Captain EO thread)

--

I think we should establish a new law.

EO's Law: as a discussion about Michael Jackson on WDWMagic grows, the potential for the discussion to include talk of molestation reaches one.

Anybody with me?

Agreed!
Ok enough with the debate on Michael Jackson. Why can't we let the man be remembered for his music? Anyway, I saw EO today and it was great. I loved how they used the moving floor this time around. I'd say it added to the experience. They also had different lighting effects for EO...

Because you really can't separate the man from his music.

hack2112

Yay! Crotchgrab!

jackson_crotch_grab1246260502.jpg

Horizons1

Interesting to see that any of the Captain EO Signs and Merch do not say TRIBUTE on them as DL's Version does.

Because this isn't a tribute. This is TDO hoping to make money off merchandise after seeing it fly off the shelves at DL. This is the Captain EO Cash-Cow.

tnemgif

Does anyone else feel like WDW got shafted in terms of signage compared to DL? I have no pic of DL's sign, but it was a 3D sign with neon and glass. WDW gets what seems to be a cardboard cutout.

And I agree, let's just keep the politics out of here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom