Captain EO Soft Open To Public Today

Enchantâmes

Well misinformed then. But even so, if someone in the PR department is thinking that they can make this claim because the logo for Captain EO has never changed, well that's really weak.
Oi... people it is the sign from the original lobby, they are not lying so get over it.

jakeman

Well misinformed then. But even so, if someone in the PR department is thinking that they can make this claim because the logo for Captain EO has never changed, well that's really weak.
Meh...it's the original logo. So what?

Why would something like this be fact-checked within an inch of its life? To placate literally tens of people on the internet? People who will more than likely just move on to something else to nitpick?

If it was a mistake, then just let it be. If it wasn't, so what? It's not like a baby hippo drowns everytime someone mistakes it for the original sign.

HMF

Anybody else find it funny that TDO is basically bragging, "Look, we didn't have to spend money for a brand new sign like the other parks. We'll just reuse this 25-year old relic from the lobby as our marquee! We're so budget conscious!" Not sure why they want us to be so excited about this.
Isn't the show itself a 25 year old relic?

Horizons1

Oi... people it is the sign from the original lobby, they are not lying so get over it.

Oh, I'm over it. Don't worry about that sweetie. :kiss:

Meh...it's the original logo. So what?

Why would something like this be fact-checked within an inch of its life? To placate literally tens of people on the internet? People who will more than likely just move on to something else to nitpick?

If it was a mistake, then just let it be. If it wasn't, so what? It's not like a baby hippo drowns everytime someone mistakes it for the original sign.

It's "fact -checked within an inch of its life" just for conversation's sake. It's not going to ruin the experience of the show for me or anyone else. But when it's said that the original sign is being brought back it's somewhat exciting...only to see that it's not THE original sign. A original sign, maybe. But not THE. Which once again, is fine.

As for your baby hippo comment, all I can say is that is sick man. What next? Clubbing baby seals? You've taken this topic and conversation way out of context.

JeffH

But what about the 3D

Wow, I tried to read through 3 pages on this and didn't find anywhere whether EO is presented in Disney Digital 3D or the 30 year old 3D technology they used to use?
Did they update Muppets 3D with Disney Digital 3D yet (during the recent renovation?).

WDITrent

^No on Muppet Vision, you might be confused by the addition of new digital video and digital projectors.

So when do we get "The Extra TERRORestrial Alien Encounter Tribute"? :)

disnyfan89

^No on Muppet Vision, you might be confused by the addition of new digital video and digital projectors.

So when do we get "The Extra TERRORestrial Alien Encounter Tribute"? :)

I said the same thing after I saw EO yesterday. I want my Alien Encounter back so bad! I went on stitch tonight and it just breaks my heart cause so little has changed from Alien Encounter. In a perfect world they could find a way to run both shows. Stitch in one chamber and Alien Encounter in the other. Everyone wins that way. Maybe if Kathy Najimy dies we can demand they bring back Alien Encounter as a tribute :lol:

Captain Neo

I saw Captain EO for the first time ever today. I thought it was pretty darn good--much better, IMO, than HISTA. It reeked rather heavily of the 1980s (especially during the preshow), but in a fun way. By it's nature, I don't think it would work well as a long-term attraction at WDW, but it's neat and a little bit refreshing to have around for a little while, at least. I was impressed with how some of the effects were done--there's some pretty good stop-motion, puppetry and animatronics usage in the film.

I found it rather interesting that there was no mention of Kodak anywhere. No signage in the queue, preshow or main theather, and it was not mentioned during any of the spiels, neither live nor pre-recorded. Odd.

Isn't the Kodak preshow playing? I think at Disneyland they are still playing the Kodak preshow from HISTA in addition to the original preshow (Making of Captin EO)

Enchantâmes

I said the same thing after I saw EO yesterday. I want my Alien Encounter back so bad! I went on stitch tonight and it just breaks my heart cause so little has changed from Alien Encounter. In a perfect world they could find a way to run both shows. Stitch in one chamber and Alien Encounter in the other. Everyone wins that way. Maybe if Kathy Najimy dies we can demand they bring back Alien Encounter as a tribute :lol:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Don't even joke about that, I love Kathy Najimy. :cry:

Captain Hank

Isn't the Kodak preshow playing? I think at Disneyland they are still playing the Kodak preshow from HISTA in addition to the original preshow (Making of Captin EO)
Nope, just the Making of Captain EO, which, come to think of it, mentions Kodak as the co-creator of the 3-D camera used in the production...but that's it. The phrase "presented by Kodak" is never seen nor uttered in the theater.

DisneyCanadian

Wow, there is a lot of hate in this thread. I'm probably going to get flamed, but I need to clarify a few points in this thread (and your post):

He did not reject his race. He had vitiligo and lupus. The treatment caused his skin to lighten. (source)

He was also never convicted of child molestation. The first time it came up, no charges were filed, and the second time, he was acquitted on all counts. Does anyone understand innocent until proven guilty? (source1 source2)

How about we all cut out the hate and leave the discussion to the attraction?

Thank you you beat me to it. He may have done some odd things in public, however, these child molestation charges were acquitted or thrown out.

People always want to remember the negatives, without finding the whole truth.

How about discussing the influence he had on the music industry, or the money and awareness he raised for Africa?

I'm glad E.O. is back, I have never seen it, and I hope to get a chance to see it in the next 12-24 months, if it's still playing.

raven

The "official rEOpening" is this morning in about 25 minutes (8:45AM) with Cast Members.

Between 4AM and 5AM this morning they installed the marquee/canope at the base of the ramp leading up to the front door. It has the same logo that's above the door as well as a poster of the movie. Trees have been trimmed and new plants have been planted nearby overnight as well as side walls along the ramp repainted and walkways powerwashed. The whole area looks brand new!

jakeman

It's "fact -checked within an inch of its life" just for conversation's sake. It's not going to ruin the experience of the show for me or anyone else. But when it's said that the original sign is being brought back it's somewhat exciting...only to see that it's not THE original sign. A original sign, maybe. But not THE. Which once again, is fine.
If it's of no consequence then why mention? Even more specifically, if it is such a minor detail why accuss Disney of lying about it?

As for your baby hippo comment, all I can say is that is sick man. What next? Clubbing baby seals? You've taken this topic and conversation way out of context.
hy·per·bo·le (hī-pûr'bə-lē)
n. A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect :rolleyes:

parkgoer

Original Poster
The "official rEOpening" is this morning in about 25 minutes (8:45AM) with Cast Members.

Between 4AM and 5AM this morning they installed the marquee/canope at the base of the ramp leading up to the front door. It has the same logo that's above the door as well as a poster of the movie. Trees have been trimmed and new plants have been planted nearby overnight as well as side walls along the ramp repainted and walkways powerwashed. The whole area looks brand new!

Hmmm, I'll have to check this out. I plan on being there today so I'll definitely have to check this out. Will post report later and pictures if possible

Figment1986

But EO's costumes have a EO patch over the front left. Imagination's does not. Unless those patches aren't sewn on, but I doubt Costuming would issue patches rather than securing them to the garment.

A CM told me what day Kodak moves out and that whoever is coming in is being kept secret.

I was talking to a few CMs yesterday between showings, they showed how they are using the generic future world costume (with a labcoat when working at JII) except the difference is a magnetic patch

surfsupdon

EO was and is such a poor 3D show. Nothing like Philharmagic, Tough to be a Bug, or Honey/Shrunk Audience.

It's wierd, very dated, and its use of 3D is not very effective.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom