Captain EO Soft Open To Public Today

Swfewrmco

So when do we get "The Extra TERRORestrial Alien Encounter Tribute"? :)

Half past never. You know, Jeffery Jones, who played Chairman Clench, is a registered "you know what" offender who pleaded guilty to possessing child . I wonder if the trolls would pitch a fit about his return to Disney parks? :ROFLOL:

Thrill Seeker

34514_408319244938_735924938_4464647_2921600_n.jpg

Here's a pic of the new entrance to Captain EO that went up today.

disnyfan89

Half past never. You know, Jeffery Jones, who played Chairman Clench, is a registered "you know what" offender who pleaded guilty to possessing child . I wonder if the trolls would pitch a fit about his return to Disney parks? :ROFLOL:
Not to drag out another point less topic but I'm willing to bet there are more people who "think" MJ molested children then there are people who remember that Jeffery Jones admitted to having Child .

Clearly Disney doesn't care about these facts either because we have MJ being featured and praised for his role in Captain EO and Jeffery Jones still makes daily appearances as Chairman Clench in Alien Encounter: Invasion at Disney Quest.

*for the record I could care less about what either of these two men have done in their personal lives and simply wanted to point out that just because they have a questionable past doesn't mean disney gives a S***

dxwwf3

Clearly Disney doesn't care about these facts either because we have MJ being featured and praised for his role in Captain EO and Jeffery Jones still makes daily appearances as Chairman Clench in Alien Encounter: Invasion at Disney Quest.

I've got to get over there to see that preshow. I have no desire to go to DisneyQuest and I don't really want to pay a decent amount of money to watch a short preshow, but eventually I'm going to have to do it before they take it out.

GoofyMagic

Ok enough with the debate on Michael Jackson. Why can't we let the man be remembered for his music? Anyway, I saw EO today and it was great. I loved how they used the moving floor this time around. I'd say it added to the experience. They also had different lighting effects for EO...

Personally, I think they went a little trigger-happy when programming the floor effects...But if you liked it maybe others did too and maybe it was just me who thought it was too much. I guess I'm used to and prefer Honey I Shrunk The Audience where they used it as a very subtle effect.

misterID

Wow. The lack of interest is pretty surprising... And kind of funny, in a TDO egg on their face kind of way :lol:

The lines will most likely be better this weekend, though.

AEfx

Only because the complainants were paid off, er, I meant settled with... :brick:

That's not entirely true.

The first accuser's FATHER was paid, and if you read the court documents the allegations came from statements the child made while being DRUGGED in a shrink's office under his father's supervision (the father who committed suicide a few months after Michael's death). This never came to trial.

The second accuser got no money whatsoever, court statements show that had been trying to get money out of celebrities like George Lopez and Jay Leno in the past, and Michael was acquitted in the court of law.

All that said, in the court of public opinion, Michael Jackson is more popular now than he has been in several decades, which is why Disney is doing this. If any of it is true or not we will never know, but the public at large has certainly embraced him since his death and that is why we now have Captain Eo to visit on both coasts.

parkgoer

Original Poster
That's not entirely true.

The first accuser's FATHER was paid, and if you read the court documents the allegations came from statements the child made while being DRUGGED in a shrink's office under his father's supervision (the father who committed suicide a few months after Michael's death). This never came to trial.

The second accuser got no money whatsoever, court statements show that had been trying to get money out of celebrities like George Lopez and Jay Leno in the past, and Michael was acquitted in the court of law.

All that said, in the court of public opinion, Michael Jackson is more popular now than he has been in several decades, which is why Disney is doing this. If any of it is true or not we will never know, but the public at large has certainly embraced him since his death and that is why we now have Captain Eo to visit on both coasts.

1 Last thing about MJ and I hope we can move on...

1st, are you a parent? if your child was molested would you want $$$ or would you want justice?

2nd: After the hundred of thousands of children that visited him in his Neverland Ranch, he only molested 2? More like only parents of 2 children had the b*lls to sue him and press charges.

3rd: yes it's obvious that MJ became a bit weird at the end of his career, I think that can be attributed to many reasons i don't feel like getting into.

FACT: Captain E.O is back. Enjoy or don't go. Simple.

docandsix

*for the record I could care less about what either of these two men have done in their personal lives and simply wanted to point out that just because they have a questionable past doesn't mean disney gives a S***

This strikes me as an odd sentence is so many ways. In the first place, I consider it a bit unfortunate that you could NOT care less about their personal lives. Why wouldn't you concern yourself about the character of individuals Disney uses to promote its attractions or to feature in its theme parks? Why not have OJ Simpson play the flight attendant in the Soarin' pre-show? After all, he was acquitted of murder, and besides, what does it matter what he does in his personal life? Or maybe you're just saying that the sexual abuse of children is not really that big a deal to you.

As to the second half of the sentence, I think you're missing the point. Yes, it would appear that Disney does not "give a S***." That's precisely what troubles many of us about the decision to bring back a rusty old 3-D film that was unimpressive even when it was brand new as a tribute to this extremely odd, washed up, arguably criminal individual. Disney is ignoring principle for profit, yes. That's what bothers me. Thanks for stating the obvious.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I find it extremely distasteful and unfortunate that Disney is cashing in on the death of MJ and the publics obvious short attention span to his questionable morals.

If it wasn't for Disney's money-hungry accountants taking advantage of his unfaltering fan ban then they would have let this attraction remain in the land of forgotten attractions.

I kind of understood bringing it back to DL because of the local tie-in...but why Epcot? There is no local connection - the only connection is to money.

drew81

I said the same thing after I saw EO yesterday. I want my Alien Encounter back so bad! I went on stitch tonight and it just breaks my heart cause so little has changed from Alien Encounter. In a perfect world they could find a way to run both shows. Stitch in one chamber and Alien Encounter in the other. Everyone wins that way. Maybe if Kathy Najimy dies we can demand they bring back Alien Encounter as a tribute :lol:

I remember talking to Eric Jacobson in 2003; around the time Alien Encounter was getting ready to close. He told me something like "we have other ideas for that show". I wonder if they would even consider bringing it back in another setting. I loved Alien Encounter and wouldn't mind seeing it come back.

I find it extremely distasteful and unfortunate that Disney is cashing in on the death of MJ and the publics obvious short attention span to his questionable morals.

If it wasn't for Disney's money-hungry accountants taking advantage of his unfaltering fan ban then they would have let this attraction remain in the land of forgotten attractions.

I kind of understood bringing it back to DL because of the local tie-in...but why Epcot? There is no local connection - the only connection is to money.

I agree about the money/profit but I'm still very happy EO came back. I love Michael and I'm glad to see him back up on the screen.

disnyfan89

This strikes me as an odd sentence is so many ways. In the first place, I consider it a bit unfortunate that you could NOT care less about their personal lives. Why wouldn't you concern yourself about the character of individuals Disney uses to promote its attractions or to feature in its theme parks? Why not have OJ Simpson play the flight attendant in the Soarin' pre-show? After all, he was acquitted of murder, and besides, what does it matter what he does in his personal life? Or maybe you're just saying that the sexual abuse of children is not really that big a deal to you.

As to the second half of the sentence, I think you're missing the point. Yes, it would appear that Disney does not "give a S***." That's precisely what troubles many of us about the decision to bring back a rusty old 3-D film that was unimpressive even when it was brand new as a tribute to this extremely odd, washed up, arguably criminal individual. Disney is ignoring principle for profit, yes. That's what bothers me. Thanks for stating the obvious.
I still fail to see why I should care about what some celebrity has done? I would be more concerned about the everyday child predators who visit the park on a daily basis if I where you.

the-reason14

I think the differences between having MJ back in EO and having(hypothetically) OJ simpson host an attraction is MJ has passed, and he had a bigger impact on the world. MJ was without a doubt a troubled man, and what many would call, myself included, a weirdo. But he was an extraordinary talent.

Like someone else said, it's back, so no amount of complaining is gonna change that for awhile. If it's not your cup of tea, fine, WDW is big enough to where you can find something else to do I'm sure. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom