Captain EO Soft Open To Public Today

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Because this isn't a tribute. This is TDO hoping to make money off merchandise after seeing it fly off the shelves at DL. This is the Captain EO Cash-Cow.

Not to mention a great way to delay having to replace HISTA with something more modern.

They all thought that the retro-cool MJ fans in SoCal are going to also be all over this.....but it's not going to happen.

sponono88

Does anyone else feel like WDW got shafted in terms of signage compared to DL? I have no pic of DL's sign, but it was a 3D sign with neon and glass. WDW gets what seems to be a cardboard cutout.

And I agree, let's just keep the politics out of here.

at DL..

4383612226_a352a21ffc_o.jpg

4382857309_d9724c480c_b.jpg

P1019932.jpg

the-reason14

Not to mention a great way to delay having to replace HISTA with something more modern.

They all thought that the retro-cool MJ fans in SoCal are going to also be all over this.....but it's not going to happen.

Didn't it just reopen today? Well how do u know whats gonna sale and whats not? Give it a chance, time will tell. I'm sure this will be a $ucce$$

sponono88

And this is at Tokyo Disneyland, where EO will open this weekend as well. and like EPCOT, no mention of Tribute anywhere - I guess only DL's was a tribute?

022002010063001JPG.jpg

026002010063000JPG.jpg

022002010063000JPG.jpg

(pictures from DeepDisney)

Thrill Seeker

Does anyone else feel like WDW got shafted in terms of signage compared to DL? I have no pic of DL's sign, but it was a 3D sign with neon and glass. WDW gets what seems to be a cardboard cutout.

And I agree, let's just keep the politics out of here.

I believe our sign is actually the original one we had when the show first opened...

figment1988

Ok enough with the debate on Michael Jackson. Why can't we let the man be remembered for his music? Anyway, I saw EO today and it was great. I loved how they used the moving floor this time around. I'd say it added to the experience. They also had different lighting effects for EO...

i strongly agree. while he might have had his odd moments, one thing is certain, and i think Dave Chapelle said it best: He made Thriller... Thriller. as for EO, it looks quite promising. i'm planning to check it out next week when i do my Seas Aqua Tour.

Captain Hank

I saw Captain EO for the first time ever today. I thought it was pretty darn good--much better, IMO, than HISTA. It reeked rather heavily of the 1980s (especially during the preshow), but in a fun way. By it's nature, I don't think it would work well as a long-term attraction at WDW, but it's neat and a little bit refreshing to have around for a little while, at least. I was impressed with how some of the effects were done--there's some pretty good stop-motion, puppetry and animatronics usage in the film.

I found it rather interesting that there was no mention of Kodak anywhere. No signage in the queue, preshow or main theather, and it was not mentioned during any of the spiels, neither live nor pre-recorded. Odd.

disneydata

I agree with PirateFrank. Why doesn't anyone seem to care that this man was a child molester (at the VERY least a deviant and wierdo) who rejected his race?
Wow, there is a lot of hate in this thread. I'm probably going to get flamed, but I need to clarify a few points in this thread (and your post):

He did not reject his race. He had vitiligo and lupus. The treatment caused his skin to lighten. (source)

He was also never convicted of child molestation. The first time it came up, no charges were filed, and the second time, he was acquitted on all counts. Does anyone understand innocent until proven guilty? (source1 source2)

How about we all cut out the hate and leave the discussion to the attraction?

the-reason14

Hmmm, lets see. Thread Title: Captain EO Soft Open To Public Today
Reading the title would lead me to believe that it’s about the show opening today?

Another thread title: Captian EO update

Seems like another thread dedicated to the progress of the show’s return. And yet in each thread someone has to bring up the same complaint, “Oh Mj was this, He doesn’t belong here, OMG the sky is falling and the world is coming to an end.”

Bottom line, it’s back whether you like it or not, so get over it. If you can’t, or feel so strongly against it’s return, then boycott disney. I’m sure they’ll miss your business and it will teach them a lesson...Not. :cool:

Can’t wait to see it, and the people lined up to do so too.

wizards8507

He was also never convicted of child molestation. The first time it came up, no charges were filed, and the second time, he was acquitted on all counts. Does anyone understand innocent until proven guilty?

"Innocent until proven guilty" applies to conviction and punishment handed down from the police, courts, and government. Individuals, on the other hand, are not held to the standard of "beyond a reasonable doubt" to form their opinions. "Probably did it" is good enough.

Furthermore, what is the point of message boards if individuals get b*****d out for expressing their opinions? Disagree with what I say, that's fine, but complaining about the fact that I'm saying it in the first place is ridiculous.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-Evelyn Beatrice Hall

the-reason14

Can someone just lock this thread? I posted something on another EO thread and it along with several other posts got deleted for basically saying it would turn out the way this thread has.

All the bickering won't change EO opening this week. :D:D

disneydata

"Innocent until proven guilty" applies to conviction and punishment handed down from the police, courts, and government. Individuals, on the other hand, are not held to the standard of "beyond a reasonable doubt" to form their opinions. "Probably did it" is good enough.

Furthermore, what is the point of message boards if individuals get b*****d out for expressing their opinions? Disagree with what I say, that's fine, but complaining about the fact that I'm saying it in the first place is ridiculous.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
-Evelyn Beatrice Hall
That's all well and good, but let's say a person murders someone and was charged and found not guilty. If I believe they did it and called them a murderer, would that not qualify as slander?

You are more than welcome to express your opinions, but they should be in the appropriate place. This thread is about the Captain EO soft open. This is not about Michael Jackson's personal life. If you want to talk about that, take it to the chit chat section.

tnemgif

I don't want to get into all of this, but I think the problem most people have is that there is at least 1 other thread about this already and that this is not the place for this sort of debate. It's just congesting a potentially useful thread that was intended for other purposes. No one is going to stop you from speaking your mind, but a lot of us (especially myself) come here to get away from all this bologna. No offense meant to anyone here, but let's just try and talk about how the previews are going. I'm very interested to know what everyone thinks!

Random question (that's probably already been answered): Did they remove the podium on the side where the CM used to stand? Seems like it might be out of place now.

Captain Neo

Can the mods please ban the people who derail these threads with false allegations against MJ? Seriously it should be like the ban on discussing politics

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom