Captain EO is coming back to EPCOT in the end the year!

T-1MILLION

I could say the same exact thing about HISTA, except replace 80s with 90s.

Trading one cheesy movie for another.

While maybe true and most of your posts on here I definately find myself agreeing with...

losing the special in theater effects is a downgrade no matter what show it is.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
OMG! OMG! OMG! This is one of the next steps in bringing back up the imagination pavilion!

sadly, i have to say that imageworks has to be re-built upstairs BEFORE refurbishing the ride, so that the main entrance is where it was at the beginning! so they're bringing Captain E-O the tribute back to epcot, this by all means, they need to make Journey Into Imagination Tribute! Of course u cant forget bringing back photos with dreamfinder and the figment puppet! Heck, you dont even get to take a picture with the science dude! :ROFLOL:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
wow, i just read most of these threads.... just a few months ago i saw almost half of you peeps saying how awesome EO would be if they brought him back....

i thought you WANTED original disney attractions!

dxwwf3

i thought you WANTED original disney attractions!

I can definitely see why some wouldn't want the show back. Personally I think the best thing that could happen would be to close the whole pavilion down and bring it back to its former glory with using the space of the Magic Eye Theater as an added section to a new, longer ride.

But for a very short term fix, I would love to see EO on my upcoming summer vacation as a nostalgic trip back to my childhood and just to see the film in that theater again. It's not the end of the world if it doesn't come back to Epcot, but it would be horrible if nothing is done in that space in the near future.

Fractal514

I'm really excited for the prospect of this, but Jeany, you get a frowny face for a bogus post title. :-( This should be titled RUMOR-Captain EO... Not doing that is really kinda misleading and trolling.

Other than that, yes I hope this happens.

Alektronic

I heard originally they wanted upgrade the projectors to digital 3D, but now they are just keeping the old projectors so the switch over will only take a couple of weeks and should be open next month.

RSoxNo1

BS. You ask anyone before he died who Michael Jackson was and they'd be able to tell you.

You ask anyone now, or 5 years ago who Rick Moranis is and most would give you a blank stare.

Is anyone on here saying that Rick Moranis is more relevant than Michael Jackson? That's a horrible argument.

I don't think there would be a huge outcry if Honey I Shrunk the Audience closed. I think there is some interest in Captain EO returning, in part because of nostalgia, and in part because Honey I Shrunk the Audience is in need of a replacement.

The reality is that the entire pavilion needs an overhaul, and Captain EO will just delay this. If you want Captain EO to return, make it part of a Lucas Studios area and take over Sounds Dangerous. If it's to fit anywhere in Disney World it's there.

MythBuster

I heard originally they wanted upgrade the projectors to digital 3D, but now they are just keeping the old projectors so the switch over will only take a couple of weeks and should be open next month.

They are upgrading Muppets 3D to digital projection equipment but it was going to be too expensive for HISTA/Captain EO, so Kodak is just going to keep its budget pavilion the same for a couple more years. Muppets 3D is also sponsored by Kodak, so I guess they only one to upgrade one thing at a time. So look for just the film version of EO next month.

aladdin2007

They are upgrading Muppets 3D to digital projection equipment but it was going to be too expensive for HISTA/Captain EO, so Kodak is just going to keep its budget pavilion the same for a couple more years. Muppets 3D is also sponsored by Kodak, so I guess they only one to upgrade one thing at a time. So look for just the film version of EO next month.

As I was afraid of. More years of a horrible pavilion, EO just used to buy time and not do anything concrete. I say ditch Kodak, time for someone new to step in. But I know easier said than done.

janoimagine

Tear the whole pavilion down and put something AMAZING there. As someone said, a roller coaster or something. C'mon Disney... start plussing!!

Judy

Seriously? :ROFLOL: A rollercoaster? If you want rollercoasters then go to Six Flags or Cedar Point. Epcot is not that kind of park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom