Captain EO is coming back to EPCOT in the end the year!

i'm a huge mj fan with two of his autographs. if epcot brought him back, i would see it as a tribute, not money. it's not like they will fill the parks because of it. yes they will make more of merchandising. but i would love it. i want to give my money to the estate and have a souvenier i could have forever. i do not see it being a greed factor. i just cant justify money for disneyland just to go see EO. but disney world (EO and four parks!), i'm definitely down. just my opinion.

I'm curious: Would any moneys earned by Disney from a Captn. EO attraction go to the Jackson estate? Is there any type of "statute of limitations" as to how long they would have to pay out earnings?

Again, just curious.

WDW Vacationer

Here's my beef with the "limited engagement" shennanigans-in WDW,it's not for a limited time. See the wand,Narnia attration,Mickey's Birthdayland....

the-reason14

EO would bring life into Imagination? I think it'd just make it more and more lifeless.

Michael Jackson died a year ago. I have a feeling if they bring it back the fans will be more keen to think it's for the $ than for the tribute.

Well even if people did think that and realize his death is somewhat old news, I'm sure they'd be more inclined to go see it than HISTA. And even though his death was almost a year ago, I doubt people will be tired of him. Call him any name you want or whatever, the guy had millions of fans, made history, and people are not just going to forget about him. More people would go see EO, than HISTA.

sc123tx

they would just license his name to disney world and make money off that. i'm sure it's a huge sum. and i wouldn't be suprised if some royalties were thrown in there as well.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
EO would bring life into Imagination? I think it'd just make it more and more lifeless.

Michael Jackson died a year ago. I have a feeling if they bring it back the fans will be more keen to think it's for the $ than for the tribute.

Well, Cirque du Soleil is likely to be producing a show or two based on MJ's music. Is that a tribute or $. $, I suspect. Doesn't make it wrong.

I'm curious: Would any moneys earned by Disney from a Captn. EO attraction go to the Jackson estate? Is there any type of "statute of limitations" as to how long they would have to pay out earnings?

Again, just curious.

Depends on the contract. More than likely, I would guess, MJ got paid when the film was made, or via a series of fixed payments. It is possible, however, that Disney must pay the estate additional amounts if they show the picture again. In any event, this would be governed by the contract, not any kind of statute of limitations in the law.

Animaniac93-98

Apparent news on EO's return to Disneyland Paris:

http://dlrpfan.wordpress.com/2010/04/23/captain-eo-keert-toch-terug-naar-parijs/

Along with Stitch Kingdom mentioning a Tokyo Disneyland return:

"Following the recent move by the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, Captain EO will soon return to the Tokyo Disneyland Resort, presented by JCB. The attraction, which returns on July 1, originally ran at the resort from March 20, 1987 until September 1, 1996.

Captain EO will be available at Tokyo Disneyland through June 30, 2011 and will replace MicroAdventure! which will close on May 10, 2010 for the switch. FASTPASS will be available."

the-reason14

Apparent news on EO's return to Disneyland Paris:

http://dlrpfan.wordpress.com/2010/04/23/captain-eo-keert-toch-terug-naar-parijs/

Along with Stitch Kingdom mentioning a Tokyo Disneyland return:

"Following the recent move by the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, Captain EO will soon return to the Tokyo Disneyland Resort, presented by JCB. The attraction, which returns on July 1, originally ran at the resort from March 20, 1987 until September 1, 1996.

Captain EO will be available at Tokyo Disneyland through June 30, 2011 and will replace MicroAdventure! which will close on May 10, 2010 for the switch. FASTPASS will be available."

Dang, everybody's getting it except us lol.

IWant2GoNow

I read on Screamscape earlier today that Lance believes EO will return to Epcot and if it does they will try to put it in place by the end of May. But take that with as much salt as you need. It would make sense to get it in before the summer crowds but do they have enough time to change it all around?

PS- It also said that if EO does come back to expect it for almost a year. :dazzle:

Animaniac93-98

PS- It also said that if EO does come back to expect it for almost a year. :dazzle:

I don't see how that emoticon goes well with this statement. To me a year is perfectly fine as the run would be both "temporary" and long enough to use for a year's marketing pull.

Beyond a year is where it gets troublesome for me, and could happen if 365 days after returning, EO's attendance figures are sufficiently higher than HISTA for both Kodak and TDO.

BrerFrog

I don't see how that emoticon goes well with this statement. To me a year is perfectly fine as the run would be both "temporary" and long enough to use for a year's marketing pull.

Beyond a year is where it gets troublesome for me, and could happen if 365 days after returning, EO's attendance figures are sufficiently higher than HISTA for both Kodak and TDO.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they stuck with EO for longer than an entire year. Not only due to attendance, but due to TDO and Kodak's refusal to spend a lot of money with new features on the pavillion.

I am good with anything that will breathe new life into Imagination, but I don't see how EO fits the bill.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom