Captain EO is coming back to EPCOT in the end the year!

dxwwf3

Princess Bride, on the other hand, was an instant classic. Of course it has aged well. It was exceptionally well made and the material was timeless.

It has 100% NOT aged well. Have you seen it lately? The material may be timeless, but the movie is not by any stretch of the imagination. My kids burst out into unintentional laughter multiple times.

And that's ok because it was a film of its time and I enjoy it regardless, but it definitely is of its time. Just like EO was of its time. But IMO, one hasn't aged any better than the other.

And as far as relating it to a reading class, that's easy. It's a great story to go over the simple plot structure with the exposition, rising action, climax, falling action and resolution. Now I didn't go over that with them because it was a reward movie for ending their end of the year tests, but I've seen lessons on the internet that have worksheets and tests made up that go along with that movie.

lebeau

It has 100% NOT aged well. Have you seen it lately? The material may be timeless, but the movie is not by any stretch of the imagination. My kids burst out into unintentional laughter multiple times.

And that's ok because it was a film of its time and I enjoy it regardless, but it definitely is of its time. Just like EO was of its time. But IMO, one hasn't aged any better than the other.

Totally 100% disagree. I have only anectdotal evidence to back this up. But I think you're going to have a hard time finding anyone else who agrees with you that the Princess Bride is anything but timeless.

For fun, anyone who thinks Eo has aged better than Princess Bride, please raise your hand.

:lookaroun

dxwwf3

For fun, anyone who thinks Eo has aged better than Princess Bride, please raise your hand.

I'm not saying it has. But my whole point is against when people use the "hasn't aged well" argument against EO, but let other films get a pass even though they haven't aged well either.

I'm sorry for turning this into a PB topic, but listen to the score, watch the swamp rat, pay attention to the fencing choreography. Not to mention Fred Savage's room with the Fridge poster and Cheetos bag. All very corny and very 80's, but still fun to watch.

UnrealFire

Not that it makes much of a difference but I recall watching The Princess Bride in 1995. I have no memories of Captain EO. (Maybe EO was too long ago or there is a chance I never saw it.)

PhantomX

In any case, Captain EO is far more entertaining than the snoozefest that was AVATAR and im dead serious when I say that.

EO has good music, sci-fi action, and Michael Jackson acting all badass. People in their 20s and 30s eat this stuff up and kids love it too.

Animaniac93-98

I would, but that pill Miracle Max gave me is making it difficult for me to move much of anything at the moment. :dazzle:

(No I don't think it's better, few things are better than The Princess Bride)

Eyorefan

I'm not saying it has. But my whole point is against when people use the "hasn't aged well" argument against EO, but let other films get a pass even though they haven't aged well either.

I'm sorry for turning this into a PB topic, but listen to the score, watch the swamp rat, pay attention to the fencing choreography. Not to mention Fred Savage's room with the Fridge poster and Cheetos bag. All very corny and very 80's, but still fun to watch.

All movies age. If you watch the classic moives they all have out of date references, and cheesy effects. They have aged, but they age well because the story, the acting, the direction were all well done. PB has aged well because the story is classic. Its comedy to begin with so the fact that your class laughs at the rediculous effects takes nothing away from it. (For the record I watch that movie all the time because my 11 year old loves it.)

As for EO, I never saw it so I have no idea.

ryanduggers

I watched Martin's EO tribute last night because I never saw it before.

thanks, Martin. I love all your videos.

BUT.....

not only is EO cheezy, it's LIMBERGER cheezy.:hurl:

Sorry, Martin, its not your fault.

before I get flamed for this opinion, let me say that I am 47 and fully experienced the 80's. This is bad even by 80's standards.

remember this: EO was made after TRON.

I immediately watched your Horizons tribute. Now that ride was a classic!

saved me some EPCOT time in December.

PhantomX

I watched Martin's EO tribute last night because I never saw it before.

thanks, Martin. I love all your videos.

BUT.....

not only is EO cheezy, it's LIMBERGER cheezy.:hurl:

Sorry, Martin, its not your fault.

before I get flamed for this opinion, let me say that I am 47 and fully experienced the 80's. This is bad even by 80's standards.

remember this: EO was made after TRON.

I immediately watched your Horizons tribute. Now that ride was a classic!

saved me some EPCOT time in December.

Where is Martin's EO tribute available? I'd like to see it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom