Captain EO is coming back to EPCOT in the end the year!

George

Liker of Things
But for a very short term fix, I would love to see EO on my upcoming summer vacation as a nostalgic trip back to my childhood and just to see the film in that theater again. It's not the end of the world if it doesn't come back to Epcot, but it would be horrible if nothing is done in that space in the near future.

Exactly how I feel. I have some nice HS memories about EO. HUGE nostalgia factor for me.

CaptainJackNO

I heard that Journey into Imagination is, in fact, going to close and be replaced with a newer ride titled "Journey into your Wallet starring Stitch." The premise of the ride is that you go through one gift shop after the other while stitch takes your money in exchange for overpriced plush toys related to the rides you have been through. It is a unique, cutting edge ride as it does not end until, at the end, the money meter determines you have none left and explodes, leaving you off at the exit. Through, yes that's right, another gift shop complete with ATM's and countless other merchandise. :lookaroun

aladdin2007

I heard that Journey into Imagination is, in fact, going to close and be replaced with a newer ride titled "Journey into your Wallet starring Stitch." The premise of the ride is that you go through one gift shop after the other while stitch takes your money in exchange for overpriced plush toys related to the rides you have been through. It is a unique, cutting edge ride as it does not end until, at the end, the money meter determines you have none left and explodes, leaving you off at the exit. Through, yes that's right, another gift shop complete with ATM's and countless other merchandise. :lookaroun

shhhh dont give them any ideas. :lol:
but actually now that I think about it, could that be one of the problems with Imagination, they are prolonging on a change because they just dont know what to do with it? Which would be sad really. We know what to do with it surely they must know what people want.

DisneyBoi1215

I am thrilled that they may be bringing EO back to Epcot! I barely remember a memory of having to wait outside with my great grandmother while my grandmother, mom, dad, and older brother went in to see it. It wasn't fun, lol.

twilight mitsuk

They are upgrading Muppets 3D to digital projection equipment but it was going to be too expensive for HISTA/Captain EO, so Kodak is just going to keep its budget pavilion the same for a couple more years. Muppets 3D is also sponsored by Kodak, so I guess they only one to upgrade one thing at a time. So look for just the film version of EO next month.

last I checked HISTA was still open.
No signs of closure

mastif

They are upgrading Muppets 3D to digital projection equipment but it was going to be too expensive for HISTA/Captain EO, so Kodak is just going to keep its budget pavilion the same for a couple more years. Muppets 3D is also sponsored by Kodak, so I guess they only one to upgrade one thing at a time. So look for just the film version of EO next month.

At this point, I think it's embarrassing to have Kodaks name on the pavilion. I mean the attraction is ridiculous, and the film is incredibly old. If I had to make a decision I'd either refurb everything or take my company's name off the building. Pretty soon (if not already) it just kinda seems like bad publicity. Would you want your company's name on a dilapidated corny ride/show? Image sure isn't anything for kodak to brag about.

UrbanDonovan

I recently watched a grainy EO on Youtube, and while the movie has definitely not aged well, I don't see the harm in bringing it back for a limited engagement to coincide with the Summer Nightastic promotion. I mean, it's not like HISTA is packing in the crowds. I, for one, would love to see it again in the big theater in all it's 80s camp glory. Shoot, I still have a plush Hooter (complete with white-mesh tank) that my parents bought me on a trip in the late-80s and I'd love to pick up an EO shirt to match the Thriller one I recently bought for eight-bucks at Wal-Mart (talk about a greedy corporation cashing in on someone's death......or maybe that would be Wacko's greedy family since I'm sure they own all the licensing for his estate and no one could do anything without their consent).

But seriously, it couldn't hurt. I mean, what exactly is there left of the Imagination pavilion to dirty? So, eveyone sing with me now, "You're just another part of me......heehee!" :ROFLOL:

zweltar

yeah me too! I think that Disney needs to updated the Imagination ride and new 3-D movie also!

I agree! Why bring back an old movie when we can get something new and exciting for all fans? I just don't think that bringing back Captain EO is a good move.

the-reason14

I agree! Why bring back an old movie when we can get something new and exciting for all fans? I just don't think that bringing back Captain EO is a good move.

Imo is better than nothing. Its not like a newly revamped JII is going to happen this summer or anytime soon, but EO could. Why not just bring it back, and breath some life into an area that could use it.

_Scar

Imo is better than nothing. Its not like a newly revamped JII is going to happen this summer or anytime soon, but EO could. Why not just bring it back, and breath some life into an area that could use it.

EO would bring life into Imagination? I think it'd just make it more and more lifeless.

Michael Jackson died a year ago. I have a feeling if they bring it back the fans will be more keen to think it's for the $ than for the tribute.

sc123tx

i'm a huge mj fan with two of his autographs. if epcot brought him back, i would see it as a tribute, not money. it's not like they will fill the parks because of it. yes they will make more of merchandising. but i would love it. i want to give my money to the estate and have a souvenier i could have forever. i do not see it being a greed factor. i just cant justify money for disneyland just to go see EO. but disney world (EO and four parks!), i'm definitely down. just my opinion.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
EO would bring life into Imagination? I think it'd just make it more and more lifeless.

Michael Jackson died a year ago. I have a feeling if they bring it back the fans will be more keen to think it's for the $ than for the tribute.

That's just cold. A statement that in tself another joke could be found.....:zipit:

Seriously? :ROFLOL: A rollercoaster? If you want rollercoasters then go to Six Flags or Cedar Point. Epcot is not that kind of park.

You make a good point about Epcot not being "that kind of park". My point is, however, that there's a lot of stale "innovative" attractions at Epcot that really need love. To me, the "Wow" factor of a lot of Epcot attractions have not been seen for 20 years (give or take).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom