Captain EO is coming back to EPCOT in the end the year!

KevinFlynn

I hate to quote myself but

My statement still fits. While I don't really like HISTA and haven't seen it in years, the removal of that film will destroy whats left of the synergy in the Imagination pavilion. Bringing back Captain EO would pretty much ruin the pavilion and take it further into obscurity. Besides I don't care for MJ anyway, but thats a personal issue.

Good. I hope the pavilion gets run into the ground so they have to overhaul it. The quicker that thing is closed, the better.

dxwwf3

While I don't really like HISTA and haven't seen it in years, the removal of that film will destroy whats left of the synergy in the Imagination pavilion.

That would be a good thing. A really good thing. We should eventually want something new to come in there. As quickly as that synergy can be destroyed hopefully the sooner we will see some change.

sponono88

I guess TDO and TDP (is there such a thing..?) realized what a big success EO was at DL and decided they'd join in as well. EO is supposed to be arriving at DLP as well later this year in the summer.

The merch has been flying off the shelves and crowds have been packing in the theatre in numbers that HISTA never saw. It's been a huge crowd-pleaser as well.. It's a win-win - Disney sells merch, guests get their dose of fun 80s nostalgia :)

PurpleDragon

You guys got a good point, the more irrelevant the pavilion the fewer guests willl visit and the quicker management will be forced to overhaul it. So I changed my mind, bring on Captain EO and its pavilion destroying goodness.:hammer::ROFLOL:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'd rather have TDO spend money on a new (or improved) product that be in the moribund business with EO....

KevinFlynn

I'd rather have TDO spend money on a new (or improved) product that be in the moribund business with EO....

I agree. But, if Eo was just back for say the summer, and then the pavilion closed for the refurb, I'd be okay with it.

I know that won't happen but still.:lol:

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I agree. But, if Eo was just back for say the summer, and then the pavilion closed for the refurb, I'd be okay with it.

Why waste the money for a summer or abbreviated run? It's not like attendance at EPCOT will be affected greatly in either direction. Start putting that capital into the renovation bucket and leave EO where it is now. If the east coast Michael Jackson zealots want to see the show, they'll know where to find it.....

Figment632

I guess I might rather just see it close but that would be giving in to TDO so if it was very limited I guess it is ok.

KevinFlynn

Why waste the money for a summer or abbreviated run? It's not like attendance at EPCOT will be affected greatly in either direction. Start putting that capital into the renovation bucket and leave EO where it is now. If the east coast Michael Jackson zealots want to see the show, they'll know where to find it.....

Sure. That'd be fine as well.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
In DL it would bring more people into because it is a local park I don't think people are going to care about EO whil on vacation.

Honestly I dont see why anyone wants to be reminded of someones tragic tormented life whose death is being used by countless numbers (including his own family) to make money. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom