Captain EO is coming back to EPCOT in the end the year!

Alektronic

I'm pretty sure that the return of Captain EO is not happening. Look at the themeing around the entire Imagination pavilion, its completely based around the HISTA show, so to remove that show would destroy the entire synergy of the pavilion and make the current version of JIYI even that much more obscure and pitiful.:brick:

But it is happening!! It won't take much to remove Imagination Institute from the HISTA theatre, just remove the signs and change the carpet.
They will the same projectors and same audio system.

BS. You ask anyone before he died who Michael Jackson was and they'd be able to tell you.

You ask anyone now, or 5 years ago who Rick Moranis is and most would give you a blank stare.
Well duh, but they weren't saying "OMG IT'S MICHAEL JACKSON! THRILLER! WOOHOO!" They were saying "Oh my... Michael Jackson... He's a nutball."

:shrug:

KevinFlynn

^^^Somehow I'm not surprised.

Only because he was relevant means he deserves an attraction more than Rick Moranis? Yeah, who cares if he was relevant for bad things before his death. :brick:

A) I never said he deserved an attraction, if you would actually read my posts. I said he was more relevant than HISTA/HISTK.

B) He was never convicted of a crime.

T-1MILLION

should rename this thread to "yet another EO rumor"

Are people really getting excited over a rumor that Disney has told people to not continue to refurbish or fix effects that go with a show based around those effects?

I mean I know some feel it could point to EO but to me it speaks more of a cutting corners thing and not giving full show than EO is coming back.

For EO to return they would just shut the effects off and switch the film.

imagineer boy

But the movie its self really isn't relevent. Its cheesy, and absolutly REEKS of the 80s. It really does not have a timeless feel to it at all.

dxwwf3

It really does not have a timeless feel to it at all.

Who said it did? It's a nostalgic trip back that Disneyland crowds are eating up right now. Not to mention the positive mentions on Ain't It Cool News and plugs a while back on podcasts such as the Totally Rad Show. Lots of free publicity for Disneyland out of bringing back the tribute.

Would it work as well at WDW? Maybe, maybe not. But I don't think anyone considers this film timeless. WDW has missed out on the marketing opportunity to bring it back the same time as DL, so that might not make it worthwhile. If they would just bring the t-shirts to Epcot in June when I'm there, I'll be fine. I don't want to have to go to eBay when I've got some money left on my $75 birthday gift card from last year's visit.

T-1MILLION

I am almost willing to call it. In June or soon after Disney will use a quick fill in of EO at EPCOT as a way to get the theme parks fans loyally and nostalgically back to them to just ease a tiny bit of the Potter attention.

dxwwf3

I am almost willing to call it. In June or soon after Disney will use a quick fill in of EO at EPCOT as a way to get the theme parks fans loyally and nostalgically back to them to just ease a tiny bit of the Potter attention.

I'm leaving for WDW on June 19th. I sure hope you're right. That would rise to the top of my most anticipated list on this trip (Yes even more than going to see Potter :) ).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom