Brazil to join the World Showcase at Epcot

EPCOT Explorer

jii_dreamfinder.jpg

DSC00937.jpg

Last I check, business suits weren't imaginative OR inspiring. ::
There's a lot about the current ride that isn't...:(
Why is everyone is obsessed with figment he's such a dumb character not to mention that ride sucks:shrug:
Something tells me you never rode the original?:rolleyes:
Dreamfinder rocked.

And figment was the only character created specifically for Epcot. He's special in that way.

BRING BOTH OF THEM BACK!
This.

As far as Epcot's early days of characters and such, SMRT-1 and the Kitchen Kaberet says hi.

And Epcot had a decent roster of characters of its own through its history, like the Cranium Commandos, the Food Rocks crew, Tom Morrow 2.0, the host characters of both incarnations of Tapestry, the family from Horizons, etcetera.
Yep. I honestly think all of them are gone now, unless you count Ellen? :(
Seriously?? I mean it can't be that diffrent why did the change the figment ride anyways?::
Kodak's contract demanded that it be updated or changed in the year 2000. They could have easily given it a update, not rip out the whole thing. One of WDW's/TDO's worst decisions, IMHO, right there with Horizons, PI, and the rest.
Whoa...whoa....easy now.
Let's not get carried away!::
Imagination, in any of it's forms, never got within shouting distance of the Mansion.

Eh...it's all opinion. Different strokes and whatnot.
I thought Imagination was just...ok. I rode it every time I went, but had/have no real emotional connection to it at all.
Of course....the same is true for me with all of Epcot.:shrug:

But Mansion? Timeless and awesome.
I could honestly say that that's just because the storyline differs so much from ride to ride. Mansion is a experience, you feel as if you are there. JII was a passive, "watching" experience, where you see Figment go through the creative process. I could see why you wouldn't match that up, but the scale is the same, if not greater for JII. It had the most effects in EPCOT at the time, and beat out MK(in 1971) for number of special effects IN TOTAL. And it has the special hybrip Omni...

So scope, no. :lol: Mood, yes, I could see why you say that. Theming too. It's all opinion, after all.

But, Lee....We have got to get you into EPCOT. Just has to be done.;):lol:

MKCP 1985

first off, this thread title is misleading. It is stated as fact when it should probably have a question mark.

secondly, stating Imagination was as good as the Haunted Mansion is just as misleading. That is a matter of one person's opinion, which may be shared by others, but it is still just a matter of opinion, not fact.

SirGoofy

I can....but as I said, it's all opinion.:D
-Better show building.
-Better queue.
-Better music.
-Better characters.
-Better ride all 'round.
-Timeless
Etc.

Show building I'll give a slight nod to HM, as well as queue, but these are the only reasons that HM is better than JII.

Music is equal for me, Grim Grinning Ghosts and (the original) One Little Spark are both incredibly good songs.

JII gets the character nod for me, considering HM doesn't really have "characters" per say. Figment was, and still is the face of EPCOT, and Dreamfinder was a great character.

Rides were equal as well. Both reached the terrific 10+ minute mark. Both had elaborate sets that you could see something new every time you rode. Both were AA attractions. Both have a great song permeating through the attraction.

I'd also say it was a tie for timelessness. If it wasn't for that foolish contract, I have no doubt in my mind JII would still be around today.

And yes, it is all opinion, of course.

hemloc

The original JII has nothing on HM:brick:... It was Epcot's IASW, only 97% less annoying!! Best show scene(And almost eerie!): "What about science, science, science??"

The Empress Lilly

There's a lot about the current ride that isn't...:(

Something tells me you never rode the original?:rolleyes:
This.

Yep. I honestly think all of them are gone now, unless you count Ellen? :(

Kodak's contract demanded that it be updated or changed in the year 2000. They could have easily given it a update, not rip out the whole thing. One of WDW's/TDO's worst decisions, IMHO, right there with Horizons, PI, and the rest.

I could honestly say that that's just because the storyline differs so much from ride to ride. Mansion is a experience, you feel as if you are there. JII was a passive, "watching" experience, where you see Figment go through the creative process. I could see why you wouldn't match that up, but the scale is the same, if not greater for JII. It had the most effects in EPCOT at the time, and beat out MK(in 1971) for number of special effects IN TOTAL. And it has the special hybrip Omni...

So scope, no. :lol: Mood, yes, I could see why you say that. Theming too. It's all opinion, after all.

But, Lee....We have got to get you into EPCOT. Just has to be done.;):lol:
Mood..that's it. In Imagination, one was looking at something, as an outsider. It didn't drag you into a world. (Hence, perhaps, why they thought the new version should be 'into YOUR imagination')

Unlike Mansion, which makes the rider part of the show. Mansion is a 3-D nightmare, Imagination is like watching a play.

I guess 'eerie' beats 'cheery' for mood. :shrug:

In all aspects of show, however, Imagination ranked up there with the very best. Elaborate, instantly likeable, great music, sheer 'personality'. Figment is one of the very greatest of characters ever devised by Disney, of any format. Limited in scope, but perfect for the job.

Imagination was brilliance. A true gem. Timeless too. :cry:

EPCOT Explorer

Mood..that's it. In Imagination, one was looking at something, as an outsider. It didn't drag you into a world. (Hence, perhaps, why they thought the new version should be 'into YOUR imagination')

Unlike Mansion, which makes the rider part of the show. Mansion is a 3-D nightmare, Imagination is like watching a play.

I guess 'eerie' beats 'cheery' for mood. :shrug:

In all aspects of show, however, Imagination ranked up there with the very best. Elaborate, instantly likeable, great music, sheer 'personality'. Figment is one of the very greatest of characters ever devised by Disney, of any format. Limited in scope, but perfect for the job.

Imagination was brilliance. A true gem. Timeless too. :cry:

Yes, exactly. Thanks again.:lol:

Interesting thought on the addition of YOUR....That's riiiight around the time when Disney wanted to make everything interactive, and suddenly a passive omnimover became boring.:rolleyes::lol:

brich

Truly....funny how threads about nothing go so far....:lol:

Best part is you take such a sensitive subject and it either goes straight to H3LL or it turns into a Figment discussion. There is betting money to be made in these here parts.... :D

Ok, 3 - 1 this discussion brings back to life Monorail expansion. Any takers? Who's in??? :shrug:

_Scar

With the Haunted Mansion I feel immersed in a brand new world after the amazing stretching room. The on board narration and narrator add a spooky and magical touch to this ride. I find it funny how HM has no real characters when I thought it was known for it's complex plot with the husbands, the Ghost Host, the hitchhiking ghosts, and Madame Leota.

FigmentJedi

Let's just say there's a reason HM is an all time beloved classic attraction, and a reason JII has been completely changed more than once and is constantly rumored to be going away.
The reason why it was changed had nothing to do with the incredible quality of the attraction, it was in the contract with every Epcot sponsor that there had to be a large change for each pavilion every 10 years or so. That and how the opening scene had constant technical problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom