Brazil to join the World Showcase at Epcot

LarryStoken

Original Poster
A college buddy of mine who works behind the scenes at Epcot mentioned to me that their are plans in the works to add a Brazilian pavilion to the showcase. It will be located between Germany and China near the Outpost. The pavilion will take advantage of the lagoon there to make an Amazon boat ride through the jungle. He said they are also discussing having some sort of nightly Carnival to simulate Rio de Janiero. He said the official announcement will probably occur sometime in the coming months as they finalize sponsorship and the pavilion will most likely open in 2012.

I guess they are finally getting a country to represent South America and to also appease the large number of Brazilians that seem to visit the parks. This will just bring more of those packs of yellow shirted Brazilians chanting "Oleeee`, Ole, Ole, Ole!" or whatever that chant is that they do.

WishingOnAStar

A college buddy of mine who works behind the scenes at Epcot mentioned to me that their are plans in the works to add a Brazilian pavilion to the showcase. It will be located between Germany and China near the Outpost. The pavilion will take advantage of the lagoon there to make an Amazon boat ride through the jungle. He said they are also discussing having some sort of nightly Carnival to simulate Rio de Janiero. He said the official announcement will probably occur sometime in the coming months as they finalize sponsorship and the pavilion will most likely open in 2012.

I guess they are finally getting a country to represent South America and to also appease the large number of Brazilians that seem to visit the parks. This will just bring more of those packs of yellow shirted Brazilians chanting "Oleeee`, Ole, Ole, Ole!" or whatever that chant is that they do.

By chance, is your friend a bus driver?

EPCOTPluto

Another grain of salt to add to my duffel bag..... :lookaroun:lol:

I would think Russia would be more visually interesting. But I would also think another country is possible....

tomman710

I'll take anything new, especially one that expands WS which I love.

I would have preferred Australia, Greece, or Sweden (Imagine the Swiss Exchange Ladies!! ;) ) ... but I will take Brazil if this is actually more than just a rumor.

rsoxguy

Although this sounds interesting, I'm left wondering what the main building or center would be. I can't think of how Brazil would be best represented (all forum jokes aside). The concept is interesting, but I do wonder about the central theme. Only time will tell if this rumor is true.

LarryStoken

Original Poster
I really want Greece.

Gyros.:slurp:

I love Gyros and imagine the cool architecture of the Parthenon. I guess they figured they have Europe pretty well represented already with Norway, Italy, Germany, France and England. South America, Australia, and Antartica are the only continents that do not have a pavilion.

I know the original Epcot plans included a pavilion for Venezuela which never came to fruition and never will now that the US and Venezuelan government are at odds. I am surprised Epcot doesn't already have Brazil. It is a huge country with a lot of possible attractions for Epcot and Disney is hugely popular already in Brazil.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom